• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Guitar Heads 2.o

zionoir626

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So...Over All best 3...
Living or dead...Best..guitar player..??

Hell..What a List...Page..Vai..Catrell..Rhodes...or Zack W.

Let's have it..??
Z...

tough call

IÂ’ve gotta put Slash at number 1 in my top 3. HeÂ’s just so well versed with anything he plays. I just saw a video of dave grohl slash and lemmy covering Ace of Spades and he just owned it as if he wrote the riffs.

You can’t even bring up the topic “best guitarists” without Eric Clapton coming to mind, so I’ll put him at number two.

I agree with Zakk Wylde, heÂ’d probably be my number three. The whole Zakk Sabbath album was a masterpiece.

I don't think its possible to say who is best.
Tons of different styles, we all have our favorites for various reasons.
There's people who blow many away but never in the discussion. (Rory Gallagher, Roy Clark, Chet Atkins, Leo Kottke, etc).

The thing about this is…. There are so many talented musicians that never “make it”. Out of all the famous ones as far as actual talent (not likeability or taste) just pure talent. I’d put Vai, satriani , Clapton, Rhodes, and Gilmore on that list.

as far as famous guitarists that I personally like the mostÂ….

Zakk Wylde , Clapton, Darrell Abbott, Jerry Cantrell, Kirk Hammett, mustaine (really talented guitarist just kind of a tool bag and I like Metallica more than megadeth) umm scorpions guitarists (insert names here) are my all time favoritesÂ…. Van halen Â…. RhodesÂ….

I could go on really Â…

My guitars of choice are

Paul reed smith
charvel solid body w/emg-81 active humbuckers
and Jackson DK-2 dinky

A Metalhead and will be totally biased with my picks.

1. Gary Holt (Exodus & Slayer)
2. Jeff Hanneman & Kerry King (Slayer)
3. Chuck Schuldiner (Death)
4. Trey Azagthoth (Morbid Angel)

A Metalhead and will be totally biased with my picks.

1. Gary Holt (Exodus & Slayer)
2. Jeff Hanneman & Kerry King (Slayer)
3. Chuck Schuldiner (Death)
4. Trey Azagthoth (Morbid Angel)

It’s not a contest. I could tell you why I like, for example George Lynch. His insanely odd vibrato and “growling” bends are unmistakable. Vivian Campbell has always been a favorite for his incredible library of riffs and chops. Talent? Hard to beat Tony McAlpine. That dude is the definition of “musician”.

I just watched Rick BeatoÂ’s long interview with Al di Meola. Fuck! I used to listen to him nearly 40 years ago and forgot how amazing he is. Worth a watch. He never seems to play the same thing twice.

Lots of overrated and underrated guys out there.

But Gary Holt is the king of riffs for that kind of music. I think Exodus gets 30-50% of my workout music listening.

George lynch!! I totally forgot about dokken!!

breakin the chains was a great riffÂ…

deep purples perfect strangers is a great riff tooÂ…

I will say the 80Â’s had the best era of talent as far as guitar work goes. Bar none.

IML Gear Cream!
It’s not a contest. I could tell you why I like, for example George Lynch. His insanely odd vibrato and “growling” bends are unmistakable. Vivian Campbell has always been a favorite for his incredible library of riffs and chops. Talent? Hard to beat Tony McAlpine. That dude is the definition of “musician”.

I just watched Rick BeatoÂ’s long interview with Al di Meola. Fuck! I used to listen to him nearly 40 years ago and forgot how amazing he is. Worth a watch. He never seems to play the same thing twice.

Lots of overrated and underrated guys out there.

But Gary Holt is the king of riffs for that kind of music. I think Exodus gets 30-50% of my workout music listening.

You and I keep getting tangled up x-ing the same paths..
I really can't believe just how much we have in common..damn..Glad I'm not Gey..lol
Saw Vivian in White Snake..Grew up on Mc Alpine..Lynch is why I started..
Vinnie Moore's first album..was in ATL at GIT and saw him in a small music store..
And Paul Gilbert winning the LA Guitar Wars at 17 and Racer X...
Z...

God I miss those 80's..good times and I was young..
Z...

You and I keep getting tangled up x-ing the same paths..
I really can't believe just how much we have in common..damn..Glad I'm not Gey..lol
Saw Vivian in White Snake..Grew up on Mc Alpine..Lynch is why I started..
Vinnie Moore's first album..was in ATL at GIT and saw him in a small music store..
And Paul Gilbert winning the LA Guitar Wars at 17 and Racer X...
Z...
ItÂ’s endless.
I saw Cacauphony, Vinnie Moore and The Dregs at The Baccanal in San Diego at different dates. Saw the Vinnie Moore/Michael Schenker show at the Edge in Palo Alto where the used the same back up band. Saw Paul Gilbert about 13 years ago at my local music store during an expo. He played to recorded tracks and casually did a Q&A at the same time. Have seen Steve Morse dozens of time and with DP. Saw McAlpine at a piza joint gig in Concord, Ca. and he got pissed because his French GF was all over me chatting me up.
I am sure there are plenty of gigs that I forget and need a spark to remember.

We played with Chastain in 1990 (I think) at Rio in SD. Became friends with Leather when she worked out in my gym in ‘92. She gave me her solo CD and she is about to release another one.

I have seen so many bands and live music was and is a priority for me.

For those who donÂ’t know:
[video=youtube_share;sx7gRhGgsgU]https://youtu.be/sx7gRhGgsgU[/video]

If I had to pick 3, at least MY 3 because of my music tastes, it would be:

1. Dimebag Darrell (Pantera, Damage Plan)
2. Josh Middleton (Sylosis, Architects)
3. Jesse Cash (ERRA)

Each of them for different reasons, but in my opinion as a whole they represent the absolute best guitarists in Metal music.

If I had to pick 3, at least MY 3 because of my music tastes, it would be:

1. Dimebag Darrell (Pantera, Damage Plan)
2. Josh Middleton (Sylosis, Architects)
3. Jesse Cash (ERRA)

Each of them for different reasons, but in my opinion as a whole they represent the absolute best guitarists in Metal music.
dimebags solo on cemetary gates was voted best guitar solo

Jerry Garcia.
/end thread.

Eddie Van Halen, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Hendryx, Ted Nugent, many others...

No Mention of
Warren D.M....Ratt
Carlos S.
Neil S.
Malmsteen
J Kay Lee..Ozzy

Z...

Kirk Hammet (old Metallica not that new shit)
Dimebag
Vai

Sorry but I was blown away with"Surfing with an Alien" album..
Joe just came out...Balls Out
Yes all mentioned and not are great influences..

Music has no colors..race..hate..discrimination..
It motivates..encourages..reinforces my belief that one day maybe We could be a better people..
Z...

Tim Reynolds, Carlos Santana, Peter Frampton
The list could go on forever

Carlos SantanaÂ… canÂ’t believe I forgot him. See thatÂ’s the thing with these greatest of all time listsÂ…. Until time ends there will never be a greatest of all time Â…

as far as musical talent. A kid I went to high school with could blow you away with his pure talent back then at 17 years old. I could only imagine how good he is now. And as far as I knowÂ…. He never made it out there in the big time.

the list would be easier if you askedÂ….

“List the top 3 overrated guitarist of all time”
1.) Kurt cobain
2.) Kurt cobain
3.) Kurt cobain

Damn the King loves Kurt a whole lot....hummm
Z...

I didn’t even know he was a “guitarist”. So does this mean Cat Stevens and P,P and Mary are guitarists? If I had a hammer…

Who next? Billy Bob Armstrong…legendary shredder!

CoachCabo;1973435 said:
I didn’t even know he was a “guitarist”. So does this mean Cat Stevens and P,P and Mary are guitarists? If I had a hammer…

Who next? Billy Bob Armstrong…legendary shredder!

Rolling stone magazine (which is a joke) rated cobain at around 26 or something (top 100) Above the likes of Cantrell and almost all the hair metal guitarists… they explained in as his influence was so great that they had to put him in there at that number. But I digress…. Talent and influence are vastly different… look at todays mainstream music and you’ll see what I mean…

I don’t dislike nirvana or cobain at all (I lie, I thought cobain was a whiny weird little bitch but that was due to one of the bands I was in with friend of mine and his obsession with cobain that lead me here)

bleach was a really great album….

anyways…

the scorpions guitarists are the best and that will probably never change.

Great topic tho. Love me some good tunes…

I got a drum set and a telecaster and mexi strat for sale as we speak lol

Milford King;1973465 said:
Rolling stone magazine (which is a joke) rated cobain at around 26 or something (top 100) Above the likes of Cantrell and almost all the hair metal guitarists… they explained in as his influence was so great that they had to put him in there at that number. But I digress…. Talent and influence are vastly different… look at todays mainstream music and you’ll see what I mean…

I don’t dislike nirvana or cobain at all (I lie, I thought cobain was a whiny weird little bitch but that was due to one of the bands I was in with friend of mine and his obsession with cobain that lead me here)

bleach was a really great album….

anyways…

the scorpions guitarists are the best and that will probably never change.

Great topic tho. Love me some good tunes…

I got a drum set and a telecaster and mexi strat for sale as we speak lol
Send email with mexi strat pics, info.
I want a MIJ strat..lDave Murray I think. Has a little Eddie head on headstock. Or a Buddy Guy…or both.

Wait…I have a ‘73 strat and never play in….

CoachCabo;1973522 said:
Send email with mexi strat pics, info.
I want a MIJ strat..lDave Murray I think. Has a little Eddie head on headstock. Or a Buddy Guy…or both.

Wait…I have a ‘73 strat and never play in….

needs a good cleaning and some strings..

Attachments

• 1E2E0804-9E6F-4D23-A177-BBF7F97B6DE7.jpeg
    1E2E0804-9E6F-4D23-A177-BBF7F97B6DE7.jpeg
    161.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 2EB72EEA-EEA5-4AE0-B6DA-8EB5EBEB5536.jpeg
    2EB72EEA-EEA5-4AE0-B6DA-8EB5EBEB5536.jpeg
    262.5 KB · Views: 2
Roy Clark was a beast!

[video=youtube;JSLWd84lSEA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSLWd84lSEA[/video]

Back