• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

First time user.

Western102

Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I did as much research as I possibly knew how before starting. I am a self prescriber. And I never got a definitive answer to my biggest question. What reason, if any, should you cycle if you’re only using Test C at 250 once a week. I did my blood work and was quite but on the low side of things. Libido was low, ED was frequent, I couldn’t gain any weight and my strength was depleting. I began 250 of Test C and I gained back everything I wanted plus some. I just couldn’t get an answer to should it be cycled. I’m coming up on week 12 soon.

Western102

Reaction score
I should add that I’m a 45 year old male without any concern to adding to or building my family. I have no real health concerns to speak of. Other than what was previously stated

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
250mg EW is on the heavy side for dose. What are you test levels at with that dose?

TRT is not meant for cycling. Most guys accept they will be doing it from now on. Have you checked your E levels to see if you need an AI? Do you even have an AI on hand in case you do? Plan on checking your hematocrit and rbc regularly and possibly donating blood to combat those issues.

BodybuilderZepp

Registered Member
Reaction score
Usually 100-200mg a week is TRT dose. 250mg is high for TRT. As Multislacking said, TRT (Testosterone Replacement Therapy) is not something you cycle, its for life. No need to cycle and PCT if your going to continue injecting Test. And a smart point he made was making sure you check your Estrogen and always have an AI on hand when running Test because it will raise your estrogen. Most people don’t need an AI on TRT doses but everyones different.

malfeasance

Registered Member
Reaction score
I am running 100mg a week. 250mg is not TRT - I tested on 250mg a week and had testosterone levels way high outside the reference range. If you are on for life just lower it down to 100mg a week and continue. No need to stop unless you are going to go back to natty levels and try to restart production of your own testosterone.

Stringer

Reaction score
Malfeasance and the others are spot on, at least in my experience. I am 46 and 150 Test C/Week put sme at about 800-900. I also tried over 200mg and my Test shot up to like 2100 and I felt terrible. Starting out at 250/week is pretty heavy. MultiSlack and BBZepp are right: get frequent labs and titrate your Test to get to a high normal level. I have noticed the AI removes some of the water I retain, but you may nor even need one at 100-150 Test/week.

Registered Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. As others have said trt is for life. No need to cycle. Make sure to get BW done regularly.