• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Filter types (mightve messed up)

Shlux

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey bros.

I got to doing some brewing yesterday and everything went really well but.. I realized afterwards that I had grabbed my PES filter instead of my PVFD and filtered all 60ml of bold undecylenate with 1.5% BA and 15% BB using a PES filter which apparently breaks down from ba/bb.

The vials look crystal clear but now I'm questioning it. Would it be a good idea to toss it all and re brew or just re filter it with a PVFD?

Thanks for the input

Shlux

Registered Member
Reaction score
Re-filtered with a PVFD filter and pinned afterwards. Smooth as silk. Case closed

REHH

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good deal. Why not throw away the PES or do you use them for something else? .22um PTFE and PVDF are best. And all glass filtration is the way to go too. If the oil turns cloudy after filtering then that’s a sign of contamination

P_Labs

Sponsor
Board Rep
Reaction score
Hey bros.

I got to doing some brewing yesterday and everything went really well but.. I realized afterwards that I had grabbed my PES filter instead of my PVFD and filtered all 60ml of bold undecylenate with 1.5% BA and 15% BB using a PES filter which apparently breaks down from ba/bb.

The vials look crystal clear but now I'm questioning it. Would it be a good idea to toss it all and re brew or just re filter it with a PVFD?

Thanks for the input
It's a small volume of ba/bb so you should have no issues.

Shlux

Registered Member
Reaction score
Good deal. Why not throw away the PES or do you use them for something else? .22um PTFE and PVDF are best. And all glass filtration is the way to go too. If the oil turns cloudy after filtering then that’s a sign of contamination
I use them for L-carnitine. I removed the PES filters from my homebrew bin so now it won't happen again.

MuscleMatthew

Registered Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't have had any issues with the PES filters. Pure Benzyl Alcohol will fuck up the filter media almost instantly but when in a suspension with 2% or less BA it should be fine. If you are doing a large volume through a small filter it would probably slow down to almost a dead stop and you'd burn through filters quickly. If you're using the appropriate size filter for the amount of oil you're filtering I wouldn't think twice about it.

MuscleMatthew

Registered Member
Reaction score
In my experience when an oil turns cloudy AFTER it has been filtered its because the hormone has crashed out of suspension. If you are filtering properly it definitely shouldn't be contaminated. This is most common with Trenbolone, sometimes Testosterone Cypionate if its dosed at 250mg/ml or higher, or any high potency formulation like Test 500. If its cloudy after you filter, there are ways to fix it so don't just throw it away.