• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Family

GYMnTONIC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So I saw my family today. At least a few of them

I have 5 sisters and a mom.

It was super nice to see them. They live about 1.5 hours away but I only see them a few times a year.

Whats your family like??

Do any of them bodybuild?

I have 4-5 members of my family in the gym. My mother brought me to the gym since I was 2 years old and I remember being a daycare gym baby.

I was in a gym for the last 40+ years.

What's your situation like??

Can anyone relate?

Of my immediate family I have a single brother who I have not seen in close to 6-7 years even though he lives only 15min away. The only contact I have with him is through texting....once on his birthday and once on Christmas.

He and I had a falling out after my mom passed. He tried to say that I did nothing to care for my mom during the last few weeks of her life.....which was absurd and completely inaccurate. I have tried to reconcile the issue several times but he is very stubborn.

If there were a day when he would come to mends I would be ecstatic

My side of the family I never see. My wifes family raised me since I was 16, we've been together 27 years this month 🤗 I have 4 kids 1 girl 3 boys only 1 of my sons is into lifting we workout 5 days a week together , we are really close to our kids and see our 2 grand kids every weekend only cause they live in another town , my boys all live in the same town that we do so we see them more often. We all get together regularly at my wife's moms house or ours.

I love my family. They are in NY (lots of them) and I’m in CA, hardly get to see them. But I still miss the wonderbread, velveta eating, cigarette smoking bunch of them. Funny thing is they all live within an hour of each other but never spend time together?? I grew up with big family bbq’s, church picnics and reunions all the time. Now it’s all gone. Maybe it was the older generation holding it all together idk.
All I have here is my wife and a son.

If you get to spend time with your peoples don’t hesitate. You never realize how important family really is till you don’t have them.

I have six half-brothers. Three on my mom's side and three on my dad's. We have always been a really close family on my dad's side but a bit distant on my mom's. I have two cousins who lift and introduced me to AAS. One just passed two weeks ago and today was his service. He was on here as Radballs. Turned me on to DQ and hooked me up with legit Serostim 128iu kits for $500. Before he hooked me up he had me pull bloods to check my baseline test, which was around 300, and really showed me how to do this thing right. It was a beautiful service that speaks to how much he impacted the lives of so many people.

Of my immediate family I have a single brother who I have not seen in close to 6-7 years even though he lives only 15min away. The only contact I have with him is through texting....once on his birthday and once on Christmas.

He and I had a falling out after my mom passed. He tried to say that I did nothing to care for my mom during the last few weeks of her life.....which was absurd and completely inaccurate. I have tried to reconcile the issue several times but he is very stubborn.

If there were a day when he would come to mends I would be ecstatic
Don’t give up. Do whatever you can to mend that fence brother. Time heals all wounds.

I have six half-brothers. Three on my mom's side and three on my dad's. We have always been a really close family on my dad's side but a bit distant on my mom's. I have two cousins who lift and introduced me to AAS. One just passed two weeks ago and today was his service. He was on here as Radballs. Turned me on to DQ and hooked me up with legit Serostim 128iu kits for $500. Before he hooked me up he had me pull bloods to check my baseline test, which was around 300, and really showed me how to do this thing right. It was a beautiful service that speaks to how much he impacted the lives of so many people.
Sorry for your loss brother 🥺

My Sister and Ma live 2 mins from me, so we see them all the time. (My Dad passed in 1985 at age 47, so way too young there).
My sisters husband passed last year (age 57) so she moved my Ma in with her.
Wifes parents are 15-20 mins away (only 1-town over, so we see them all the time as well). Though for how long, who knows.
They both were life-long smokers, battling COPD, Cancers, etc. They are hanging on though.. And doing "OK" even with that.
My younger brother died a couple years back (cancer) at 47, also too young. (Same age as my Dad at passing, odd)...

Wifes brother only lives 30-mins from us, unfortunately we hardly see him. Maybe once a year if that. A shame, a great guy...

My dad and my Uncle got me lifting at age 12, brought me to YMCA. (1978). Old iron, no machines, etc.
My Uncle is 81 now and is in amazing shape, still hits the gym 4-5 days a week. He looks 60 yrs old.

Im the only one in my whole family that lifts. One brother has a arts degree. The other is a teacher. My sister is sahm. The teacher is athletic but its just for health. Im the only one to have gone oversees and the only one who has got on gear. Also the only one without a degree and I make more than all of em haha!

IML Gear Cream!
I had a great life until 12 yrs of age. Parents divorced. My mom wanted custody of me, my 2 sisters and little brother just to be spiteful. She gave less than a damn. Let me run around with older guys stay gone for days. Anyway that turned into just stay out of my house and my dad didn’t want anything to do with me anymore. He had a new family. To this day I can call either one and talk a fake conversation so I choose not to. I have never had any body I could call in an emergency I just had to deal with whatever . My wife’s parents are great. I am a huge family guy with my own family. Talk to my sisters and we meet up for kids birthday parties or whatever. I ended up a tougher person going through all that and I have a hard time with trust but overall I am great. Only who lifts in family. I have always been big genetically. Bigger than the average man 😉

Hmmmm well let’s see. Dad was a pedo piece of shit who pimped me out as a 10yr old. He’s dead now. Mom let’s not go there. Sister I have but we aren’t close at all.

Damn that’s depressing.

Ok I’m at a big fat zero for family members. Anybody here wanna be in my family? Lol

Don’t give up. Do whatever you can to mend that fence brother. Time heals all wounds.
I am all for having back the relationship hat we had growing up but right now he is not. If he were t call me up and say lets go get a beer......no hesitation.

Hmmmm well let’s see. Dad was a pedo piece of shit who pimped me out as a 10yr old. He’s dead now. Mom let’s not go there. Sister I have but we aren’t close at all.

Damn that’s depressing.

Ok I’m at a big fat zero for family members. Anybody here wanna be in my family? Lol
Count me in.

Anything u need. To talk. Vent. Anything. I'm here just like @01dragonslayer 🙏🙏

Grandmother was the glue that held us all together. She passed away less than 2 months after I got stationed in California. I never even got to say goodbye. My mother is an identity thief who jumps from guy to guy for security but last I heard, the FBI was asking questions about her whereabouts. Father abandoned me when I was 2 and I have met him 4 times in my life. No chance of reconciliation there; drunks have their priorities. Have a half-sister that is one of those entitled liberal types and the only one in the lineage who opted not to serve in the military. All I have left is an uncle that lives half the country away and can't travel due to health reasons.

Damn that’s depressing.

I hope you beat his ass first chance you got and continued every time you saw him

I hope you beat his ass first chance you got and continued every time you saw him

I was 10ish bro. He beat my ass pretty regularly and pretty soundly. He went to prison when I was 12 for trying to shoot me so unfortunately I never got the chance to return the beating because he got cancer and died miserably last year. Not to mention Id probably would have beat him to death giving our paths. He’s dead. Fuck him. Storybook ending imo.

Get Shredded!
Honestly yeah. There are people here at ASF that I would do pretty much anything within reason for and that’s way more than I would do for any of my real family.
Isn't that funny how that is. We don't meet people in life. They cross our path for a reason.

I get what you're saying though. I would do more things for my two dogs than for people in my family.

I don't know how I could get over that ,you're a stronger man that me . I'd have to go all "equalizer " on pedos

I don't know how I could get over that ,you're a stronger man that me . I'd have to go all "equalizer " on pedos

I ran on full HATE mode most of my life bro. It served a purpose when I was fighting but now a days that hate is too fucking heavy to carry around. You gotta let some shit slide by or it will eat you up inside. My father made me the man I am today. Just because he was a piece of Shit doesn’t mean I have to be. That’s why I train everyone that wants to be trained. No money no problem. I know I can do a lot of good because of my past so again fuck him I won.

”You can pick your friends but not your family.”

I get more pleasure out of visiting or speaking with friends than I do family. I mostly visit with family out of a feeling of responsibility to do do. I visit my sister this week and although we aren’t exactly tight, we share some childhood misery that bonds us. I used to visit my father to do things for him around the farm but in the last dozen years or so I have processed so many things from my youth until my last contact with him and his wife that says “Fuck him!”
My aunt/his sister was trying to get us on the phone together when she was in Cabo a feww weeks ago but when I told her that nothing in my life would be enhanced by talking to him, she gave up.
My only living brother I saw in Tampa 2020 and his family came to Cabo the following Thanksgiving. I enjoyed his company but we have almost nothing in common.

Funny thing, I have been visiting my dad’s cousin here in Tennessee for over a week, spending all our time with her and her 48yo son. I have known her my whole life but nevver knew how cool she is until last year. I would fly here every other month to visit from now on…that’s how much I like them. In fact, probably going to buy some acreage bordering theirnproperty to build a house to facilitate our future visits. Just sad it took me 58 years to ”discover” her.

Aside from seeing my chikdren and grandchildren, I don’t GAF about family in general. I visit people I want to be around. People say to mend fences etc. because we only have so much time on earth. My view is that I only want to spend that time around people I like.

Back