• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Falling apart at 44 years old

Apocalyptic Warlord

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Gentleman-

I’m new to the forum and new to gear. From what I’ve seen so far on here, you guys are a fantastic community. Such a wealth of knowledge! I’ve been reading and absorbing as much as I can but to be honest, it’s so much information that it’s a bit overwhelming. I’m looking for some solid advice on what to take and what sources to get it from.

Here’s my condensed story:
I’ve lived an active lifestyle. Wrestled and played football in high school. In my early 20’s, I got into racing motocross and DH and proceeded to destroy my body for about 10 years. At 44, I am struggling with severe joint pain, rapid muscle loss, weakness and fatigue. I still live a very active lifestyle and continue to play around on mountain bikes and live on a working homestead. I must be able to continue to work the farm which is getting more and more difficult as the years click away.

My goal is to gain strength, reduce inflammation and improve my quality of life and health so I can continue to be active and provide for my family well into the future.

At this point, I believe the best path would be a combination of TRT, HGH and Deca. Does that sound right and if so, could you guys give reccomendations on the amount and frequency? Additionally, once I settle on a path, I’d be looking for recommendations on reliable sources.

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

megatron_rulz

Registered Member
Reaction score
My advice - before you start anything, I would get full comprehensive blood work to ensure you are healthy or determine what is going on given your symptoms. Last thing you want to do is go in blind and do serious damage.

If ok to by proceed, there is an entire sub forum dedicated to AAS forum sponsors. Many of them are good and are vouched for. Research and make the right call for you.

For me, I’ve had great luck with Monster and Gorilla, although I don’t think Gorilla is around anymore.

My motto is to find a good source, stock up and don’t change unless it is broken.

01dragonslayer

Registered Member
Reaction score
My advice - before you start anything, I would get full comprehensive blood work to ensure you are healthy or determine what is going on given your symptoms. Last thing you want to do is go in blind and do serious damage.

If ok to by proceed, there is an entire sub forum dedicated to AAS forum sponsors. Many of them are good and are vouched for. Research and make the right call for you.

For me, I’ve had great luck with Monster and Gorilla, although I don’t think Gorilla is around anymore.

My motto is to find a good source, stock up and don’t change unless it is broken.
Words of wisdom.

RussianMuscle

Registered Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the DECA.

Every first cycle should be just TEST, I am a firm believer in that.

This’ll likely be an unpopular opinion, but I’ve noticed my joints feel much better now than ever, after I’ve incorporated a serious, dedicated stretch routine that takes me around 30 minutes.

AR-15

Registered Member
Reaction score
Gentleman-

I’m new to the forum and new to gear. From what I’ve seen so far on here, you guys are a fantastic community. Such a wealth of knowledge! I’ve been reading and absorbing as much as I can but to be honest, it’s so much information that it’s a bit overwhelming. I’m looking for some solid advice on what to take and what sources to get it from.

Here’s my condensed story:
I’ve lived an active lifestyle. Wrestled and played football in high school. In my early 20’s, I got into racing motocross and DH and proceeded to destroy my body for about 10 years. At 44, I am struggling with severe joint pain, rapid muscle loss, weakness and fatigue. I still live a very active lifestyle and continue to play around on mountain bikes and live on a working homestead. I must be able to continue to work the farm which is getting more and more difficult as the years click away.

My goal is to gain strength, reduce inflammation and improve my quality of life and health so I can continue to be active and provide for my family well into the future.

At this point, I believe the best path would be a combination of TRT, HGH and Deca. Does that sound right and if so, could you guys give reccomendations on the amount and frequency? Additionally, once I settle on a path, I’d be looking for recommendations on reliable sources.

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

I can’t relate to the age thing yet but definitely can relate to the destroying the body thing though. Sounds like you just need to stop and regroup bro. Get your bloods in order and then get on a solid plan and stick to it. It’ll come back if you work hard enough at it.

Wiseguy

Registered Member
Reaction score
IMO There is absolutely no reason to take anything other than 200mg of test C per week. Once you run this for 6 months than figure out by reading and searching more what you want to do.

Milford King

Twat Waffle Inspector
Registered Member
Reaction score
What’s your workouts like now?

Apocalyptic Warlord

Registered Member
Reaction score
Oh I forgot to mention. Deca even at low doses will dramatically help with joint pain. I’m living proof.
What do you consider a low dose? If I can figure out a way to reduce joint pain, my quality of life would improve greatly. Reading about the joint benefits of deca is what brought me here and got me looking at this path. I’m so hopeful that it works for me as well.

Apocalyptic Warlord

Registered Member
Reaction score

Thanks bro, sounds like very solid advice. How do you get the specific bloodwork needed? Just go to the family doctor and request? Is there a standard list of blood test I should request when considering this path? Sorry for all the dumb questions.

megatron_rulz

Registered Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro, sounds like very solid advice. How do you get the specific bloodwork needed? Just go to the family doctor and request? Is there a standard list of blood test I should request when considering this path? Sorry for all the dumb questions.
privatemdlabs.com

choose the female hormone panel with a lipid profile. When filling out the info, make sure you mark your proper sex. Don’t worry if you are a guy selecting a female panel. Doesn’t matter. Gives you what you need. Search online for discounts for privatemdlabs and make sure to choose Quest Diagnostics. LabCorp is way more expensive.

hope this helps.

Apocalyptic Warlord

Registered Member
Reaction score
privatemdlabs.com

choose the female hormone panel with a lipid profile. When filling out the info, make sure you mark your proper sex. Don’t worry if you are a guy selecting a female panel. Doesn’t matter. Gives you what you need. Search online for discounts for privatemdlabs and make sure to choose Quest Diagnostics. LabCorp is way more expensive.

hope this helps.
Awesome, thank you!

Registered Member
Reaction score
What do you consider a low dose? If I can figure out a way to reduce joint pain, my quality of life would improve greatly. Reading about the joint benefits of deca is what brought me here and got me looking at this path. I’m so hopeful that it works for me as well.
I had joint pain before I started TRT. After a few months on test, it greatly improved.

megatron_rulz

Registered Member
Reaction score
If you are new to gear, your first cycle should be test only. Not only will your receptors react best to your first cycle but you need to monitor effects. If you combine compounds (I.e. test and deca) and have sides, how do you know which compound is giving you issues?

Health first is another motto I adhere to.

Reactions: 220

Apocalyptic Warlord

Registered Member
Reaction score
If you are new to gear, your first cycle should be test only. Not only will your receptors react best to your first cycle but you need to monitor effects. If you combine compounds (I.e. test and deca) and have sides, how do you know which compound is giving you issues?

Health first is another motto I adhere to.
Thanks man, definitely going to heed this advice!

REHH

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Just getting a female hormone panel is far from comprehensive bloodwork. With joint pain and fatigue like you describe you could have something more going on like an auto immune disorder, hypothyroid, Lyme disease or something else, many things are possible. You should see a good doctor and not rely on advice you get on a steroid forum.

megatron_rulz

Registered Member
Reaction score
Just getting a female hormone panel is far from comprehensive bloodwork. With joint pain and fatigue like you describe you could have something more going on like an auto immune disorder, hypothyroid, Lyme disease or something else, many things are possible. You should see a good doctor and not rely on advice you get on a steroid forum.
Good point REHH. I listed that as a starting point. Sounds like the OP hasn’t had anything done so starting somewhere would be good. Ideally, he would get to a doctor ASAP to get treatment before even discussing AAS.

AR-15

Registered Member
Reaction score
For me bro a low dose is 100/150mgs a week.

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As others have suggested, lab work first. Then trt if needed. Super Cissus is great for joints, imho:

If that doesn't cut it and you're determined to go to the dark side, then start with a low dose of deca with your trt. By the time you get there, you should have had plenty of time to do your research.

reddog309

🐍 Don't tread on me
Registered Member
Reaction score
As others have suggested, lab work first. Then trt if needed. Super Cissus is great for joints, imho:

If that doesn't cut it and you're determined to go to the dark side, then start with a low dose of deca with your trt. By the time you get there, you should have had plenty of time to do your research.
How does this Cissus treat your stomach? I also have bad joint pain and tried otsteo bi-flex and after three days I have cramps that almost double me over.

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How does this Cissus treat your stomach? I also have bad joint pain and tried otsteo bi-flex and after three days I have cramps that almost double me over.

No issues. It's not like other chondroitin supps. Pure plant based, single ingredient, nothing else in it. All other joints supps cause issues for me (usually INCREASE joint pain).

reddog309

🐍 Don't tread on me
Registered Member
Reaction score
No issues. It's not like other chondroitin supps. Pure plant based, single ingredient, nothing else in it. All other joints supps cause issues for me (usually INCREASE joint pain).
Thanks, just read some reviews, sounds great, after sleeping on my right shoulder my whole life and thousands of dips in my lifetime I can barely reach above my head.

Apocalyptic Warlord

Registered Member
Reaction score

Thanks bro. Just ordered some cissus. Willing to try about anything at this point.

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks bro. Just ordered some cissus. Willing to try about anything at this point.

It will not be overnight, but you should see some improvement by the time you reach the end of the bottle. I've been using it forever, but I vaguely remember it being the second month of consistent use before it reached maximum effectiveness. It's not 100% relief for major issues, but it helps.

TheOldJJdigs

SB Labs
Board Rep
Reaction score
Imo.... I would first opt for a TRT dose of E or C at around 200mg/wk. See how your body responds and go from there.
Great information.

As an older gentleman myself I too know The temptation and desire to want to feel better immediately. However with that said better sense to start off with one compound and see how your body handles it. Adding multiple compounds if you run into negative side effects you’re unaware of what is causing what affect. DragonSlayer nailed that information brother…

welcome to the board!!!