• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Empty hospitals

cdubw44

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I didn’t think it was true until I drove by mine. They are ghost towns. Is it the same everywhere else? Not trying to down play it just a honest question.

I didn’t think it was true until I drove by mine. They are ghost towns. Is it the same everywhere else? Not trying to down play it just a honest question.
because they are having people do video chat now with Docs.. we just did it last night for my son..

Hospital bed vacancy up 142% in Dallas since 3/18/202
Available Respirators around 10k
Small Business that say the are going bankrupt 87%

Why is this a pandemic again? Politics, that’s why.

Btw...
d3a0c5dbc8a62ca55a7fe36a07449ee1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife is a nurse at NYU in NYC and if you guys think this is all bs and a political move you are absolutely nuts. I don't know where you live but I'm in NY and this shit is real! She has been a nurse for 25 years and I've never seen her so stressed and worried in my life. Maybe your life is not affected and dont see what's going on in other places but this is no joke here in NY.
3 weeks ago I was skeptical but it's now a whole other story as I know many people that are sick and a few who have died. I'm scared and I am no alarmist and have zero political interests. I'm just a guy with a family and a business (gym) that has been shut down and a wife who is on the front lines of a war without neccessary equipment.
She tells me how suck these patients are, even young ones who have to be put on ventilators to survive. They are all afraid and nobody knows enough about this virus to say that everything will be alright. One minute their talking to her and the next she is intibating them. This is real and its fuvjing scary.
For the respect of all the medical personnel on the front lines of this, who are sacrificing themselves, risking everything to care for those that are sick, please do not down play this.
I'm sure there are many places in the world and the U.S. that are barely feeling this. It doesn't mean it's not real. God bless those areas and pray that you never see what is going on in places like NY.
I'd love to here where you guys are (around about) located and if you and your family are feeling the weight of this or do you feel like your being locked up like a prisoner for no reason at all? I know how it feels to be on both ends as I felt that my freedoms were being taken away initially but I know see why this quarantine is necessary. Many businesses are being destroyed (I know this first hand) in the interim but I do believe its neccessary in order to try to contain this virus. However, I just pray that once we are over this apes and try to get back to normal, it may happen all over again. Unfortunately it may be neccessary for many to be sickened and die before its slowed considerably.
I'm honestly pretty frightened by the potential of this. I wish I wasn't but I must be honest.
Good luck and be safe.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

My sister is a nurse in a massive hospital in Ohio. No cases requiring urgent care. My sister-in-law is an ICU nurse in Kalifornia. Only one person on a respirator.
Meanwhile an entire county is angering in. Don’t bitch when Sonoma and Napa wines are even more expensive in the future. This is going to seriously impact production.
Oh, don’t forget the 480,000 people who die each year from smoking, including the 40,000+ who don’t even smoke. This is going to effect their quest for cancer. Of course smoking is government sponsored so it’s ok to keep on doing it during a respiratory themed apocalypse.
It doesn't take a conspiracy theorist to see this is all about something else.

We have 26 cases in the entire state yet we are on lockdown, only one person may leave house for supplies and tomorrow they are ceasing sales of alcohol. With all the “Leaving Las Vegas” types and run-of-the mill alcoholics here there are going to be inevitable sufferers of DTs. As this virus kills 2% or less and 5% of DT sufferers die even WITH medical intervention, which is worse?

This lockdown and it’s inevitable economic crash is tantamount to burning down a house to kill a spider.

There’s no state in the US with that few cases and if your in another country the cases are low because of no testing. The Great Lakes area is pretty bad right now. Hospitals in major cities are at 70-90% capacity and we are still a month or two away from peak. Not sure why anyone would think this is fake. I’m not hoarding toilet paper or anything but I do have a stockpile of food and 700 rounds and 200 shells to make me sleep better at night.

There’s no state in the US with that few cases and if your in another country the cases are low because of no testing. The Great Lakes area is pretty bad right now. Hospitals in major cities are at 70-90% capacity and we are still a month or two away from peak. Not sure why anyone would think this is fake. I’m not hoarding toilet paper or anything but I do have a stockpile of food and 700 rounds and 200 shells to make me sleep better at night.
The city I live in only has 3 confirmed cases but I'm pretty sure they also stopped testing people either way I'm just glad I bought my AR15 before they shut the gunshop down the other day

Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk

My wife is a nurse at NYU in NYC and if you guys think this is all bs and a political move you are absolutely nuts. I don't know where you live but I'm in NY and this shit is real! She has been a nurse for 25 years and I've never seen her so stressed and worried in my life. Maybe your life is not affected and dont see what's going on in other places but this is no joke here in NY.
3 weeks ago I was skeptical but it's now a whole other story as I know many people that are sick and a few who have died. I'm scared and I am no alarmist and have zero political interests. I'm just a guy with a family and a business (gym) that has been shut down and a wife who is on the front lines of a war without neccessary equipment.
She tells me how suck these patients are, even young ones who have to be put on ventilators to survive. They are all afraid and nobody knows enough about this virus to say that everything will be alright. One minute their talking to her and the next she is intibating them. This is real and its fuvjing scary.
For the respect of all the medical personnel on the front lines of this, who are sacrificing themselves, risking everything to care for those that are sick, please do not down play this.
I'm sure there are many places in the world and the U.S. that are barely feeling this. It doesn't mean it's not real. God bless those areas and pray that you never see what is going on in places like NY.
I'd love to here where you guys are (around about) located and if you and your family are feeling the weight of this or do you feel like your being locked up like a prisoner for no reason at all? I know how it feels to be on both ends as I felt that my freedoms were being taken away initially but I know see why this quarantine is necessary. Many businesses are being destroyed (I know this first hand) in the interim but I do believe its neccessary in order to try to contain this virus. However, I just pray that once we are over this apes and try to get back to normal, it may happen all over again. Unfortunately it may be neccessary for many to be sickened and die before its slowed considerably.
I'm honestly pretty frightened by the potential of this. I wish I wasn't but I must be honest.
Good luck and be safe.

Have your wife study hydrochloriquine and z-pack to treat this. Ventilators will not stop this disease. We have the cure but only about 30% of US docs have the common sense to use it.

Cuomo even restricted its use early on due to politics.

IML Gear Cream!
Good luck and be safe.

My sister in Florida just accepted a contract nursing position in the ICU at NYU starting on April 13. It's five 12-hour days, but it pays $6300/week plus overtime pay is available on top of that. It's great money, but obviously I don't want her to be in danger. I ordered enough N95 masks, hydrochloriquine and z-packs to cover her, her husband, and three kids. I've got two brothers with wives and very young kids on lock down in Soho and south Harlem, an aunt that's in a Brooklyn hospital with a broken hip, and another sister living on Staten Island. As much as I hate this stay at home order, I'm glad that I'm not still living back East. For most of us not living in a hot zone, it's hard to understand how dire things are in places like NY.

Have your wife study hydrochloriquine and z-pack to treat this. Ventilators will not stop this disease. We have the cure but only about 30% of US docs have the common sense to use it.

^^^^ this is the route I would go - or my loved ones- maybe add Vit C IV -stay alive -OD

My sister is a nurse in a massive hospital in Ohio. No cases requiring urgent care. My sister-in-law is an ICU nurse in Kalifornia. Only one person on a respirator.
Meanwhile an entire county is angering in. Don’t bitch when Sonoma and Napa wines are even more expensive in the future. This is going to seriously impact production.
Oh, don’t forget the 480,000 people who die each year from smoking, including the 40,000+ who don’t even smoke. This is going to effect their quest for cancer. Of course smoking is government sponsored so it’s ok to keep on doing it during a respiratory themed apocalypse.
It doesn't take a conspiracy theorist to see this is all about something else.
My sister in law is a respiratory nurse in LA working ICU and the nurses are terrified of getting this virus she said the Xrays show the whole lung gets affected not like pneumonia where a small portion is affected, people cant breathe at all, just saying its real, be cautious

Neighbor down the street has it. In the hospital now and was given the option of these meds or respirator. He took the meds... we will see the outcome for him.

My gf’s sister is a nurse in the ER. Says it’s ridiculous with ppl flooding the hospital and dying from this shit... in north NJ.

It’s not a joke.

8k dead. More on the way.

I think this whole thing is serious. And I think it will help elect Trump again.

Funny to me how nigger libertards wanted a recession last year. Thought it would help get him out.

I bet they aren’t wanting the recession now. And until you have lived thru one, you just don’t know the hardship or heartache.

Dumb bastards.

Mine was slow too...they even had a tent outside with no one in it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I heard today that cases in NY are actually down and the virus already peaked. Not denying it’s real. Not denying people are dying. Appreciate everyone on the front lines. I need to find it, but I read a study that out of ALL the people in Ny that died, all of them had other known causes and only 14 strictly just strictly had Coronavirus. Do I feel numbers are being inflated, yes. I am confused to be honest. I just took a shower with a mask. I am afraid of infecting myself

They look dead outside because they are being strict as fuck on who they let in. No visitors around here or even asst someone to an appt unless power of attorney , care taker or legal gaurdian. They have check points with security & staff at every entrance taking temps & screening people.

Parking lots look dead but it was pretty active inside.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

That is the malaria drug, correct? They are using it but only some are responding apparently. I'll ask her more when I see her.

She was telling me a out these contracted nurses that are getting paid $150 hour plus room and board. God bless them, they are entering a terrible situation. My wife was pulled off her unit (pre admission testing) with very little orientation and thrown into a covid unit. This is all new to her...they are desperate.

When I hear people talking about this like it's not a dire situation because they are not experiencing it....yet, it makes me a bit angry. This virus spreads like nothing we have seen in our lifetime and our bodies have no antibodies against it. Yes, many people who die have underlying health issues, mainly breathing related and obesity is a big one. However, young people in their twenties and thirties are really really sick and struggling to breathe...not just older people. Many have to go on vents because no oxygen is being absorbed.

Just because people have underlying conditions it doesn't mean that they are expendable. If this was your mother or grandmother with this virus or potential to get it I think most of the naysayers would be singing a different tune. I don't know about most of you but this virus would kill my mother, my in-laws and many loved ones, god forbid, they ever contracted it.

Like someone said earlier it attacks the entire lung, 10 times worse then pneumonia in many situations. Oxygen becomes almost neccessary at the very least. Then they get vented. This can happen within a day or 2 of showing symptoms...that's the main problem for hospitals.

I pray this doesn't spread to your community if it hasn't already. If your hospitals remain empty then maybe we stand a chance.

Good luck to you all.

My wife is a nurse in our small rural hospital...it hasn’t really hit here yet, no cases in our county at all. I think is because we can spread out...yet we are on lock down. For us the cure is worse than the disease. I realize in big cities it is brutal. Our economy is suffering a lot. Let’s hope this things passes fast and things can get back to normal. Just stay safe wherever you are.

That is the malaria drug, correct? They are using it but only some are responding apparently. I'll ask her more when I see her.

She was telling me a out these contracted nurses that are getting paid $150 hour plus room and board. God bless them, they are entering a terrible situation. My wife was pulled off her unit (pre admission testing) with very little orientation and thrown into a covid unit. This is all new to her...they are desperate.

When I hear people talking about this like it's not a dire situation because they are not experiencing it....yet, it makes me a bit angry. This virus spreads like nothing we have seen in our lifetime and our bodies have no antibodies against it. Yes, many people who die have underlying health issues, mainly breathing related and obesity is a big one. However, young people in their twenties and thirties are really really sick and struggling to breathe...not just older people. Many have to go on vents because no oxygen is being absorbed.

Just because people have underlying conditions it doesn't mean that they are expendable. If this was your mother or grandmother with this virus or potential to get it I think most of the naysayers would be singing a different tune. I don't know about most of you but this virus would kill my mother, my in-laws and many loved ones, god forbid, they ever contracted it.

Like someone said earlier it attacks the entire lung, 10 times worse then pneumonia in many situations. Oxygen becomes almost neccessary at the very least. Then they get vented. This can happen within a day or 2 of showing symptoms...that's the main problem for hospitals.

I pray this doesn't spread to your community if it hasn't already. If your hospitals remain empty then maybe we stand a chance.

Good luck to you all.

Oh I know its real and its coming. The reason some hospitals look so slow is all the elective surgeries were cancelled and the docs that do them have lost significant income.

Anyway, most folks can take hydrochloriquine as a preventative. Its a good med for those like your wife on the front lines. Have a doc interview her and prescribe it if they can. It will protect her from COVID19. Once the lungs are damaged beyond repair nothing works so they need to prescribe it early. If she contracts COVID they can add z-pack. That combo early is a game changer.

Its beyond infuriating because unless you have knowledge of these drugs some docs wont even mention them. Knowledge is power.

Get Shredded!
Sister-in-law is a nurse in IL. She unfortunately was tasked to work the covid floor. She had one covid patient that took that malaria drug and has since recovered and went home. This stuff works yet it’s not being prescribed in mass and that’s what’s disturbing.

Oh I know its real and its coming. The reason some hospitals look so slow is all the elective surgeries were cancelled and the docs that do them have lost significant income.

Anyway, most folks can take hydrochloriquine as a preventative. Its a good med for those like your wife on the front lines. Have a doc interview her and prescribe it if they can. It will protect her from COVID19. Once the lungs are damaged beyond repair nothing works so they need to prescribe it early. If she contracts COVID they can add z-pack. That combo early is a game changer.

Its beyond infuriating because unless you have knowledge of these drugs some docs wont even mention them. Knowledge is power.
Thanks for the info. I will speak with her about it when she gets home. Here is an article from the NY Post from today. NYU is currently performing a study on 2000 people in hopes that this drug will prevent the spread of the virus.

Does anyone have a source for this drug? I doubt she can get it prescribed but I will check it out.

Thanks again.

Good luck and be safe.

I feel sorry for the mentally ill conspiracy theorists that think this is not real. They are the same people that think there is some agenda or conspiracy on nearly every aspect of their lives, so sad. At the rate the new cases are popping up there will be over 1 million cases in the us in 60 days.

My wife is a Nurse in the southeast, no one is doing elective procedures. We dont have alot of cases and the lack of population density in our area is in our favor. Medical staff is being laid off down here because they are struggling financially from the regulations.

My wife is a Nurse in the southeast, no one is doing elective procedures. We dont have alot of cases and the lack of population density in our area is in our favor. Medical staff is being laid off down here because they are struggling financially from the regulations.
You sound like you live by me , friends wife who’s a rn was told that she didn’t have a job anymore since she was a surgery nurse and all of the er spots were full. She was able to get hired on at a bigger hospital thankfully for them

You sound like you live by me , friends wife who’s a rn was told that she didn’t have a job anymore since she was a surgery nurse and all of the er spots were full. She was able to get hired on at a bigger hospital thankfully for them

Thankfully I make enough she doesnt have to work, so we will just wait until things go back to normal. I dont want her to go bedside with this junk and bring it home to the kid. I feel worse for the restaurant's and retail stores, alot of them wont have a job to go back to.

I work in a hospital. Main reason they are empty is because all elective surgeries have been canceled. This was done for a few reason; one being to conserve supplies and equipment and PPE etc. Another reason to make sure beds are available when they get a rapid influx of these Covid patients.

I'm an RN, former trauma ICU specialty, now I work in health care management. I still keep current with what is new with critical care. There's a critical care doctor on Long island who is treating respiratory failure from covid more conservatively with promising results.

The problem is when someone gets low oxygen saturation because of secretions, the current practice is to use invasive ventilation early ( tube going into your lungs with a machine that breathes). But the problem is you don't clean out your lungs very well because your coughing is suppressed. This doctor is letting patients get much lower on oxygen, as if they were at high altitude, and keeps them coughing longer. It's unquestionably more uncomfortable, but it's proving pretty effective. Of course sample size is small, but this was poineered in Turin Italy because of ventilator shortages. The patient ends up on a simple CPAP machine, and it can keep them out of the ICU.

How busy a hospital is is a product of where it is, our hospitals aren't busy yet, but we will be. Urban hospitals are very busy, and are facing lots of drug, PPE,and manpower shortages. Rural hospitals generally aren't busy, but they don't have the flexibility to respond that the major hospitals have.

It’s anecdotal I know but in my experience treating COVID patients I can’t tell if it’s working. I’ve admitted 2 patients who both ended up being intubated who were already on it. One was a lupus patient and the other was young healthy man who recently returned from a Mormon mission.

remdesivir seems to be more promising at this point in time.

It’s anecdotal I know but in my experience treating COVID patients I can’t tell if it’s working. I’ve admitted 2 patients who both ended up being intubated who were already on it. One was a lupus patient and the other was young healthy man who recently returned from a Mormon mission.

remdesivir seems to be more promising at this point in time.

Have you seen the studies? There are 5 different studies I can post and the data is encouraging to say the least.

What dose were these two taking?

Back