• ✋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • Check Out IronMag Labs® ANDRO HARD- Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro!

Distal Bicep tendon tear

JoeSmash

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
At the beginning of this year, I ran my second steroid cycle. Here's what my regimen looked like:

Weeks 1-8:
  • 350 mg of Test C
  • 350 mg of Drostanolone E
  • 100 mg of Nandrolone per week

Weeks 9-16:
  • 200 mg of Test C
  • 200 mg of Drostanolone E
  • 100 mg of Nandrolone per week

I lowered the doses because I was gaining size too quickly(IMO). Additionally, during the last 5 weeks, I added 25 mg of Anavar daily.

Week 17:
  • 200 mg of Test C
  • 100 mg of Nandrolone

Unfortunately, after week 17, I suffered a distal bicep tendon rupture. I am now 4 weeks post-surgery and experiencing significant issues. I likely won't start physical therapy until 3 months post-surgery. Currently, I still need 20 degrees to achieve full extension, have no rotation, and am dealing with what I hope is temporary nerve damage and persistent swelling.

I have a two-part question:
1. I suspect that the steroids may have contributed to my injury. What could I have done differently to prevent it?
2. My doctor mentioned that it could take over a year before I can deadlift again. What can I do to help speed up my recovery? While I understand the need for time to heal, a year off would be detrimental to my mental health. I'm hoping to shorten this recovery period by 6 months, if possible, without risking further injury.

Current Supplements and Medications:
  • Fish Oil: EPA + DHA 750 mg
  • B Complex
  • Glucosamine HCI with MSM: 2250 mg
  • CoQ10: 400 mg
  • Vitamin C: 1000 mg
  • Vitamin E: 180 mg
  • Vitamin D: 30 mcg
  • Calcium: 500 mg
  • Magnesium: 80 mg
  • Collagen: 40 g
  • BPC-157 and TB-500: 250 mg daily (Sub-Q injections a few inches from the surgery site)
  • 200 mg of Test C
  • 100 mg of Nandrolone

Any help or guidance on recovery would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to hear about your injury. Only thing I’d add to your “Supplements” listed is GH at 2-4IU daily. I find it works really well with BPC157 & TB500.

You may also consider low dose Var at 10-20mg daily for a short period. Var has been know to also aid in soft tissue healing and support.

Good luck brother.

I see you are running BPC-157 and may want to increase the dosage between 500-750mcg. Divide up the the shots 3x per day in a circular pattern around the injury. Example: If running 750mcg per day, you do 3 injections of 250. My wife is a marathon runner and had two major hip surgeries so between my own, client, wife experiences and speaking with top notch surgeons on the subject...I'm well pretty versed on it.

Why you tore it? Could be a number of factors. Strength went up too fast for tendons, your form was off, were dehydrated, not warmed up properly, just bad luck, hard to say.

You also said you pulled back on the gear because you were gaining too fast. That's diet my friend.

Get another 2 opinions on when you can start pushing it when the time arises. You'd be surprised at how many Dr's have no idea what they are talking about regarding injuries.

Add GH at 2-4ius if you can.

Just rehab like your life depends on it. Do everything possible PT wise and the BPC will get you back 50% faster. My wife ran the NYC marathon 5 months after her last hip surgery. Stuff is legit.

Sux bro, sorry. Injuries happen natty or not....Its how hard you pushed it.

HGH, if you add it, along with the bpc157 will have you back in well under the projected time frame. The doctor is just being cautious, assuming you will just heal naturally.

I ruptured the same tendon and was close to 100% healed after surgery in less than 6 months, with the peptides. I also stayed very active during recovery. More blood pumping, more healing, imo

I still have to be conscious of that tendon to this day though. It'll never be what it was pre-injury so my biceps won't be what they were but all my other body parts and lifts are fine. I'd be cautious with dead lifts, especially with a mixed grip and even more so if that arm is the underhanded grip. I'd scrap the mixed grip altogether with that injury.

That sucks! Were you Dead lifting with opposite hands grip; one overhand and one underhand? I’ve heard that is one of the easiest ways to tear a bicep.
BPC-157, TB-500, and HGH. 👍
I try to avoid mix grip if I can. If I'm pulling heavy I usually go with hook grip. I was descending down a rope when it happened. Definitely the fastest I have gone down a rope.

I try to avoid mix grip if I can. If I'm pulling heavy I usually go with hook grip. I was descending down a rope when it happened. Definitely the fastest I have gone down a rope.
Ouch! What a bummer! :(

I see you are running BPC-157 and may want to increase the dosage between 500-750mcg. Divide up the the shots 3x per day in a circular pattern around the injury. Example: If running 750mcg per day, you do 3 injections of 250. My wife is a marathon runner and had two major hip surgeries so between my own, client, wife experiences and speaking with top notch surgeons on the subject...I'm well pretty versed on it.

Why you tore it? Could be a number of factors. Strength went up too fast for tendons, your form was off, were dehydrated, not warmed up properly, just bad luck, hard to say.

You also said you pulled back on the gear because you were gaining too fast. That's diet my friend.

Get another 2 opinions on when you can start pushing it when the time arises. You'd be surprised at how many Dr's have no idea what they are talking about regarding injuries.

Add GH at 2-4ius if you can.

Just rehab like your life depends on it. Do everything possible PT wise and the BPC will get you back 50% faster. My wife ran the NYC marathon 5 months after her last hip surgery. Stuff is legit.
Does the multiple injections make a difference? I personally would like to inject less frequently.
I do agree with why this happened. I went to the gym in the morning. Typically I go in the afternoon. Probably dehydrated and tight.
Yeah diet has never been my strong suit. I have been lucky to make it this far in life without dialing in my diet.
My current supplier is out of HGH. do you have a recommendation on a protocol. Cycle on/off.

Thank you for the input.

Sorry to hear about your injury. Only thing I’d add to your “Supplements” listed is GH at 2-4IU daily. I find it works really well with BPC157 & TB500.

You may also consider low dose Var at 10-20mg daily for a short period. Var has been know to also aid in soft tissue healing and support.

Good luck brother.
Do you have a recommendation on gh cycle?
I have extra var. I will give that a try.
Thanks for the input.

HGH, if you add it, along with the bpc157 will have you back in well under the projected time frame. The doctor is just being cautious, assuming you will just heal naturally.

I ruptured the same tendon and was close to 100% healed after surgery in less than 6 months, with the peptides. I also stayed very active during recovery. More blood pumping, more healing, imo

I still have to be conscious of that tendon to this day though. It'll never be what it was pre-injury so my biceps won't be what they were but all my other body parts and lifts are fine. I'd be cautious with dead lifts, especially with a mixed grip and even more so if that arm is the underhanded grip. I'd scrap the mixed grip altogether with that injury.
I will try and get my hands on some HGH. I get the mix grip issue on DL. I try to use hook grip instead of mixed grip.

Did the injury effect you in any compound lifts. I still lift for power. I'm curious to how this will effect me.

Does the multiple injections make a difference? I personally would like to inject less frequently.
I do agree with why this happened. I went to the gym in the morning. Typically I go in the afternoon. Probably dehydrated and tight.
Yeah diet has never been my strong suit. I have been lucky to make it this far in life without dialing in my diet.
My current supplier is out of HGH. do you have a recommendation on a protocol. Cycle on/off.

Thank you for the input.
The half-life of BPC is very short so 3x/day gives you more healing time vs 1x or 2x/day. This was also verified with the surgeons and what I've seen in practice. The circular injection pattern around the injury is to get the compound active in as many areas as possible for absorption.

GH dose before bed and don't cycle on/off. Don't overthink things.

I'm not a Dr. just giving you my 2 cents. :)

Do you have a recommendation on gh cycle?
I have extra var. I will give that a try.
Thanks for the input.
Yes! As stated you will get good results with just 2-4IU per day. If you are new to GH start low and go up slow even from 2 to 4 IU. You can start at 2IU and stay there or taper up to 4IU everyday. I do my GH subQ prior to going to bed. There is no recommended duration as if you can stay on it as long as you can. The longer you are on it the better results you will get.

You may even be interested in checking out Hammer & Bell’s GH right now as all single items are 25% off! No minimum and free shipping for orders over $150. If you have any questions let me know brother.

I will try and get my hands on some HGH. I get the mix grip issue on DL. I try to use hook grip instead of mixed grip.

Did the injury effect you in any compound lifts. I still lift for power. I'm curious to how this will effect me.

Most compound lifts are good. Anything with a supinated grip, I'm more careful though. Anything that directly stresses it, I'd work my way back up slowly in that movement.

The arm I had repaired gets irritated more often and I just have to work around it so not to stress it and let it heal. I use a lot of BPC157 though

gh protocol

sponsors here have hgh
buy hgh
inject 2-4IU once a day in evening, or split it half am, half pm

more advanced users will run much more hgh than this, and add insulin, though they are working on adding mass, you said you need to lean out.

im a member of the bicep tear club, doing a fucking pull up.

if you search the forums on hgh, you'll find a bunch of threads on use, side effects, how it's impacted recovery

good luck

The half-life of BPC is very short so 3x/day gives you more healing time vs 1x or 2x/day. This was also verified with the surgeons and what I've seen in practice. The circular injection pattern around the injury is to get the compound active in as many areas as possible for absorption.

GH dose before bed and don't cycle on/off. Don't overthink things.

I'm not a Dr. just giving you my 2 cents. :)
This is why I love this forum.... I did not realize the half-life was so short on the bpc and TB. I have been injecting in the injury site ( proximal long head bicep tendon rupture) at different locations but had only been doing it daily at one full milligram of each product each injection. I think maybe I will break it down to .333mg 3 Xs a day and see what I see. So far so good. I sm considering adding HGH.... but i have concerns over sides... especially since my ordeal started out with a diagnosis of a tumor on my bone! BTW.... IT'S NOT A TUMOR!!!!

This is why I love this forum.... I did not realize the half-life was so short on the bpc and TB. I have been injecting in the injury site ( proximal long head bicep tendon rupture) at different locations but had only been doing it daily at one full milligram of each product each injection. I think maybe I will break it down to .333mg 3 Xs a day and see what I see. So far so good. I sm considering adding HGH.... but i have concerns over sides... especially since my ordeal started out with a diagnosis of a tumor on my bone! BTW.... IT'S NOT A TUMOR!!!!

Are you seeing any lethargy on that much BPC? I can't function on that much.

Whose BPC are you using?

Ever since I started doing the 3-4x/day injections...it seems to significantly speed up the healing process as opposed to 1x per day.

Are you seeing any lethargy on that much BPC? I can't function on that much.

Whose BPC are you using?
Honestly bro... not a bit! In fact, I'd never even realized that was a possible side!

gh protocol

sponsors here have hgh
buy hgh
inject 2-4IU once a day in evening, or split it half am, half pm

more advanced users will run much more hgh than this, and add insulin, though they are working on adding mass, you said you need to lean out.

im a member of the bicep tear club, doing a fucking pull up.

if you search the forums on hgh, you'll find a bunch of threads on use, side effects, how it's impacted recovery

good luck
Can you do pull ups? Full range of motion? Any issues?

Get Shredded!
Can you do pull ups? Full range of motion? Any issues?
Supination will be an issue if you don't work to get it back during rehab, especially with the peptides speeding up the healing process.

I can do pullups fine. Only issue is doing them to heavy and too often and that arm get irritated

Back