• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Consistency and Hard work is key

Killionb12

Registered User
Registered Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2018
Messages
3,716
Reaction score
2,489
Points
113
Get Shredded!
Hey guys wanted to post something in hopes that someone reads this and maybe finds some motivation to achieve a goal that seems far-fetched. Personally in my 20s I always wanted to be a professional bodybuilder. I put in a lot of hard work but didn’t feel like I had the body type or genetics to achieve that goal. I was too tall and long they said. I didn’t have good genetics for bodybuilding and so on. Funny thing is I gave up after years of hard work and achieving some crazy gains. Life happened and I started having kids and started a great career in IT. I got away from my love of lifting and bodybuilding. I became a shell of what I used to be.

Fast forward 10 years later my wife and I were having marital issues. She actually told me that she was leaving me. We had grown apart and I was being selfish with my personal hobbies. That was a wake-up call for me. I started focusing on us even after we had moved out and lived in separate places. I was determined not to let our marriage crumble. In the meantime I started focusing on health and bodybuilding again. I even got her wanting to workout with me. Next thing we are back together and lifting partners. We struggled for a little while but I’m a firm believer bodybuilding saved our marriage because we loved to workout together and it brought us closer. 3 years later I did my first show after everybody kept telling me I should compete and by coincidence I met [mention]Montego1 [/mention] on this board. Uncle Z picked me for a contest and I got free coaching from Montego. After awhile I told him I wanted to compete. He never questioned me and just mentored me throughout and of course provided top notch coaching. It all came together and we won our next two shows and then North Americans to earn my pro card. My wife decided to compete after my first competition. She got the itch and then hired a Coach. She went on to qualify for nationals and will go for a Pro Card this year. I got to prep with my wife and it was awesome to see her shine. I can’t wait for her to get on stage again. Uncle Z has been consistent throughout my entire bodybuilding career always delivering top notch gear that I can count on. That’s one variable that I know I can count on. Thank you Uncle Z for the support!

Lastly i hope this might inspire someone to not give up. Make it happen! Keep grinding brothers! Here are a few pics of changes I made between my first two shows.

844d2c4bf21c09aa75201aa51ff385b6.jpg

4be7a92477f02fb90ffcd36f6252d43c.jpg

d0cb6e5bc82e10209e89e004d3071a27.jpg
 

HFO3

NO LIMITS.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Joined
Feb 22, 2013
Messages
12,041
Reaction score
8,033
Points
113
Congratulations on your marriage first and foremost and then for chasing your dream down and taking it. Great Story Killion! I love a good success story and I’m glad I got to be part of the ASF family that rooted for you and the Mrs all the way to the top. And Monte, wow! what phenomenal coach you have become. I'm proud to know all of you and call you all friends.

EP gear is the top of the line gear, some of the best I’ve ever used, as a mater of fact I’m using test prop and proviron as we speak!

God bless all y’all :twothumbs:
 

Killionb12

Registered User
Registered Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2018
Messages
3,716
Reaction score
2,489
Points
113
HFO3;1975861 said:
Congratulations on your marriage first and foremost and then for chasing your dream down and taking it. Great Story Killion! I love a good success story and I’m glad I got to be part of the ASF family that rooted for you and the Mrs all the way to the top. And Monte, wow! what phenomenal coach you have become. I'm proud to know all of you and call you all friends.

EP gear is the top of the line gear, some of the best I’ve ever used, as a mater of fact I’m using test prop and proviron as we speak!

God bless all y’all :twothumbs:

Thanks brother! I appreciate all of you guys and consider you all family! Hope you are doing well brother!
 

MonsterMaker

Registered User
Registered Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2020
Messages
2,764
Reaction score
1,601
Points
113
Awesome write up man. Thanks I really needed to hear that success story with your wife. I actually came home with a U-haul truck last weekend and was ready to walk…. I ended up rethinking my decision but I hope I can rescue our marriage before we go our separate ways…
 

samgraves82

Board Rep
Board Rep
Joined
Sep 4, 2019
Messages
7,917
Reaction score
5,154
Points
113
is all I can say to all of it.
Now the post I got on here to make is gonna suck by comparison
 

Killionb12

Registered User
Registered Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2018
Messages
3,716
Reaction score
2,489
Points
113
MonsterMaker;1975944 said:
Awesome write up man. Thanks I really needed to hear that success story with your wife. I actually came home with a U-haul truck last weekend and was ready to walk…. I ended up rethinking my decision but I hope I can rescue our marriage before we go our separate ways…

Good luck brother. It’s worth the fight man. Our marriage has never been better since then. You both have to want it. Feel free to message me if you want to talk.
 

Killionb12

Registered User
Registered Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2018
Messages
3,716
Reaction score
2,489
Points
113
samgraves82;1976011 said:
is all I can say to all of it.
Now the post I got on here to make is gonna suck by comparison

Haha I’m sure it will be great!
 

TheOldJJdigs2

Registered User
Registered Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2015
Messages
81
Reaction score
5
Points
8
Wow! What an excellent story brother I’m so happy for you.. and your wife. Marriage isn’t easy and fighting to be together is amazing to hear that. Following your dream and listening to your story is motivational for sure! You look great brother and I find the positive attitude to be the highlight of this post.

Happy for you man you deserve everything that’s coming your way 😊
 

XOTG85

Board Rep
Board Rep
Joined
Jul 20, 2015
Messages
9,851
Reaction score
3,601
Points
113
Fucking epic brother. Much respect and very inspiring.
 

Rigeu

Registered User
Registered Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2020
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
906
Points
113
Killionb12;1975854 said:
Hey guys wanted to post something in hopes that someone reads this and maybe finds some motivation to achieve a goal that seems far-fetched. Personally in my 20s I always wanted to be a professional bodybuilder. I put in a lot of hard work but didn’t feel like I had the body type or genetics to achieve that goal. I was too tall and long they said. I didn’t have good genetics for bodybuilding and so on. Funny thing is I gave up after years of hard work and achieving some crazy gains. Life happened and I started having kids and started a great career in IT. I got away from my love of lifting and bodybuilding. I became a shell of what I used to be.

Fast forward 10 years later my wife and I were having marital issues. She actually told me that she was leaving me. We had grown apart and I was being selfish with my personal hobbies. That was a wake-up call for me. I started focusing on us even after we had moved out and lived in separate places. I was determined not to let our marriage crumble. In the meantime I started focusing on health and bodybuilding again. I even got her wanting to workout with me. Next thing we are back together and lifting partners. We struggled for a little while but I’m a firm believer bodybuilding saved our marriage because we loved to workout together and it brought us closer. 3 years later I did my first show after everybody kept telling me I should compete and by coincidence I met [mention]Montego1 [/mention] on this board. Uncle Z picked me for a contest and I got free coaching from Montego. After awhile I told him I wanted to compete. He never questioned me and just mentored me throughout and of course provided top notch coaching. It all came together and we won our next two shows and then North Americans to earn my pro card. My wife decided to compete after my first competition. She got the itch and then hired a Coach. She went on to qualify for nationals and will go for a Pro Card this year. I got to prep with my wife and it was awesome to see her shine. I can’t wait for her to get on stage again. Uncle Z has been consistent throughout my entire bodybuilding career always delivering top notch gear that I can count on. That’s one variable that I know I can count on. Thank you Uncle Z for the support!

Lastly i hope this might inspire someone to not give up. Make it happen! Keep grinding brothers! Here are a few pics of changes I made between my first two shows.

844d2c4bf21c09aa75201aa51ff385b6.jpg

4be7a92477f02fb90ffcd36f6252d43c.jpg

d0cb6e5bc82e10209e89e004d3071a27.jpg

What a story bro! If this doesn’t motivate people i don’t know what does :p

Happy you and your wife found a passion together!

Btw you made crazy gains in a short window of time, mind blowing.
 

Killionb12

Registered User
Registered Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2018
Messages
3,716
Reaction score
2,489
Points
113
Rigeu;1976077 said:
What a story bro! If this doesn’t motivate people i don’t know what does :p

Happy you and your wife found a passion together!

Btw you made crazy gains in a short window of time, mind blowing.

Thanks brother! We are very fortunate we made it. We weren’t suppose to make it. The statistics were against us. We got pregnant at 19 years old and had a child at 20. We both were still in college and not married. This easily could have went the other way. We definitely fought for this marriage plus we are both stubborn. LOL

Now we are that couple in the gym that everybody inspires to be. That older couple still lifting together and loving every minute of it. I have so many guys say I wish my wife or girlfriend would lift with me. I always tell them to ask her and try to find a creative way to include her. Women just want attention. Make it about them and they will do it.
 

Rigeu

Registered User
Registered Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2020
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
906
Points
113
Killionb12;1976214 said:
Thanks brother! We are very fortunate we made it. We weren’t suppose to make it. The statistics were against us. We got pregnant at 19 years old and had a child at 20. We both were still in college and not married. This easily could have went the other way. We definitely fought for this marriage plus we are both stubborn. LOL

Now we are that couple in the gym that everybody inspires to be. That older couple still lifting together and loving every minute of it. I have so many guys say I wish my wife or girlfriend would lift with me. I always tell them to ask her and try to find a creative way to include her. Women just want attention. Make it about them and they will do it.

I know how it feels to work out with you girl / wife. Fucking amazing feeling if you’ve your girl by your side and she pushes you for a few more reps.

Always worked out with my girlfriend until she got a hernia, she isn’t able to lift the way she did anymore unfortunately… she got is very depressed about the whole situation and they told her she was to young for surgery, so we went for a second opinion. Next week monday we now more!
 

dnewell2004

Registered User
Registered Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
1,099
Reaction score
1,135
Points
113
Thats awesome man. Bodybuilding has been a blessing a curse for me and my wife. We're working through it and I'm not losing what we've built together even if I'm an idiot for doing it.

Out of curiosity what division does your wife do?
 

Killionb12

Registered User
Registered Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2018
Messages
3,716
Reaction score
2,489
Points
113
Rigeu;1976221 said:
I know how it feels to work out with you girl / wife. Fucking amazing feeling if you’ve your girl by your side and she pushes you for a few more reps.

Always worked out with my girlfriend until she got a hernia, she isn’t able to lift the way she did anymore unfortunately… she got is very depressed about the whole situation and they told her she was to young for surgery, so we went for a second opinion. Next week monday we now more!

Well good luck. Hopefully she gets some good news. My wife had hernia surgery in her 20s. It’s not bad at all and recovery is much quicker nowadays.
 

Killionb12

Registered User
Registered Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2018
Messages
3,716
Reaction score
2,489
Points
113
dnewell2004;1976223 said:
Thats awesome man. Bodybuilding has been a blessing a curse for me and my wife. We're working through it and I'm not losing what we've built together even if I'm an idiot for doing it.

Out of curiosity what division does your wife do?

She does Figure but trying physique this year as well.
 

Rigeu

Registered User
Registered Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2020
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
906
Points
113
Killionb12;1976245 said:
Well good luck. Hopefully she gets some good news. My wife had hernia surgery in her 20s. It’s not bad at all and recovery is much quicker nowadays.

This gives me hope, fingers crossed for next week!
 

dnewell2004

Registered User
Registered Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
1,099
Reaction score
1,135
Points
113
Killionb12;1976246 said:
She does Figure but trying physique this year as well.
My wife was unsure of crossing over into physique. I think she likes it more now. The routine and different poses.
 

Seattlesbest

Senior Member
Registered Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
12,499
Reaction score
1,769
Points
113
Amen! 🙏 🙏 🙏
 

NoodleArm

Registered User
Registered Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2022
Messages
130
Reaction score
85
Points
28
Damn bro good write up! Very inspiring👏👏
 

Killionb12

Registered User
Registered Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2018
Messages
3,716
Reaction score
2,489
Points
113
dnewell2004;1976252 said:
My wife was unsure of crossing over into physique. I think she likes it more now. The routine and different poses.

Yeah my wife was also but she is 6’1 without heels on and with them she is 6’5 on stage. She feels like it makes her too tall to get serious looks. Going to physique she can be flat footed and not elongated by the heels. She likes the posing better as well.
 

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Joined
Jul 16, 2014
Messages
22,673
Reaction score
11,004
Points
113
Get Shredded!
You're absolutely right, hard work and the will to overcome issues, mental, marital and physical is something that's undervalued in today's society.

These days it's give up first, work hard second.

Taking lessons from bodybuilding and applying them to other aspects of your life is very useful and those who can, can overcome just about anything.

I'm very happy for you two and, hopefully get to spend some time with you leading up to your debut!
 

dnewell2004

Registered User
Registered Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
1,099
Reaction score
1,135
Points
113
Killionb12;1976591 said:
Yeah my wife was also but she is 6’1 without heels on and with them she is 6’5 on stage. She feels like it makes her too tall to get serious looks. Going to physique she can be flat footed and not elongated by the heels. She likes the posing better as well.
Damn 6'1". She is tall. Mine is 5'2.5" on a good day lol. Imagine them side by side on stage lol. Thank God there's height classes
 

Killionb12

Registered User
Registered Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2018
Messages
3,716
Reaction score
2,489
Points
113
Montego1;1976772 said:
You're absolutely right, hard work and the will to overcome issues, mental, marital and physical is something that's undervalued in today's society.

These days it's give up first, work hard second.

Taking lessons from bodybuilding and applying them to other aspects of your life is very useful and those who can, can overcome just about anything.

I'm very happy for you two and, hopefully get to spend some time with you leading up to your debut!

Yessir! Looking forward to it.
 
Top