• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Confused about ASPIRATING?

IML Gear Cream!
Got it thanks. I'm going to try and rep you, first time ever. You don't hardly have any points. Need sarcasm emoji.

Aspirating is pulling back on the plunger once the needle is all the way in.

It's what heroin addicts do to make sure they hit a vein, and what doctors USED to do to make sure they didn't hit one when giving a shot in the muscle.

Question: So I've been aspirating for the last few years. Never did before that. So if you aspirate and you see blood you pull out, what if you hadn't aspirated for that injection? You would have injected into the vein? then what?

Bottom line is, if you don't know what you're doing then you should aspirate, we don't know how deep you pin, what your veins are like or where they're located or where you're injecting, I do quads a lot, big veins in those suckers and a lot of them, so I aspirate, how many times have I drawn blood? Not once, but I still aspirate, I'd rather be safe than sorry, sometimes I use shorter 5/8 25g pins because I'm lean, so I could be chillin in a vein at that depth, but not likely, use a one inch, go all the way in and you should be fine, but honestly, my advice, aspirate until you know you pin correctly, I just do it out of habbit now.

Question: So I've been aspirating for the last few years. Never did before that. So if you aspirate and you see blood you pull out, what if you hadn't aspirated for that injection? You would have injected into the vein? then what?

I've read you can go into shock and die. But hey, I'm no doctor. And I'm sure you would need a good amount of oil to do so.

I've read you can go into shock and die. But hey, I'm no doctor. And I'm sure you would need a good amount of oil to do so.

If you can find an incident where someone died directly from a bad steroid injection please share.

As I'm sure it's possible its one of those things that are just highly unlikely.

I normally aspirate but I've forgotten too many times. Still alive. Only actually got into a vein once and had a small coughing episode from it. Was just sust though so it wasn't bad.

If you can find an incident where someone died directly from a bad steroid injection please share.

As I'm sure it's possible its one of those things that are just highly unlikely.

I normally aspirate but I've forgotten too many times. Still alive. Only actually got into a vein once and had a small coughing episode from it. Was just sust though so it wasn't bad.
Very unlikely that you would die, it would take a large amount of oil and a steady hand, and it would be from the actual oil, not steroids, if yhe oil makes it to capillaries then it would starve the soft tissue of oxygen, like the heart or other organs. I have no idea if anyone has ever died from this. But, I'd rather my injections go smooth everytime so I take a couple seconds to aspirate, so far I have hundreds of trouble free shots done by myself, I'd like to keep my record perfect. Not knocking anyone for not doing it.

Bottom line is, if you don't know what you're doing then you should aspirate, we don't know how deep you pin, what your veins are like or where they're located or where you're injecting, I do quads a lot, big veins in those suckers and a lot of them, so I aspirate, how many times have I drawn blood? Not once, but I still aspirate, I'd rather be safe than sorry, sometimes I use shorter 5/8 25g pins because I'm lean, so I could be chillin in a vein at that depth, but not likely, use a one inch, go all the way in and you should be fine, but honestly, my advice, aspirate until you know you pin correctly, I just do it out of habbit now.
Very well said. I did my first SELF injection yesterday, tried to aspirate but not gonna lie, i couldn't do it. I tried to pull out and used a little force but it didnt move. i didn't want to try and pull way too hard and mess something up my first time. Saw no blood and went smooth. my leg is a little sore. went in my quad

I've aspirated a few times, never do anymore. Hit a vein and you'll feel it, pull out and relocate.

I've aspirated a few times, never do anymore. Hit a vein and you'll feel it, pull out and relocate.

How do you "feel" when you hit a vein? I go through them all the time, but never know until I'm done and I bleed a lot more than normal.

If you hit a big enough one you'll know, it hurts like a mofo...stings bad. You hit capillaries all the time and those close to the surface will cause the bleeding. Hit a Vein in your glute and when you withdraw you'll shoot a stream of blood out. Then you'll know that pain was the vein.

Statistically you'll never inject into a vein doing IM injections. You may peirce or nick one when injecting and get some seepage into it (causing the cough) but to actually inject directly into it and lead to death is, again, statistically improbable.

Get Shredded!
If you hit a big enough one you'll know, it hurts like a mofo...stings bad. You hit capillaries all the time and those close to the surface will cause the bleeding. Hit a Vein in your glute and when you withdraw you'll shoot a stream of blood out. Then you'll know that pain was the vein.

Statistically you'll never inject into a vein doing IM injections. You may peirce or nick one when injecting and get some seepage into it (causing the cough) but to actually inject directly into it and lead to death is, again, statistically improbable.

I'm just paranoid and think about the worst possible thing that could ever happen lol

I always aspirate, about habbit anymore. Also, makes me feel good to pull back and see a bubble or nothing haha.

I always put .15ml air bubble in the syringe to inject. It's called "air locking" and the purpose is to have the air push out the .1ml that is left in the tip of the syringe. It won't hurt you and is accepted medical practice. I also quit aspirating. The chances of shooting more than a drop I to a vein are minuscule and a drop isn't going to hurt you. ZERO pip since I quit moving the pin around so much aspirating.

i do this "air locking" you speak of, but i aspirate. still waiting to draw blood into the syringe. i haven't had that life experience yet.

I haven't drawn blood while aspirating but have been pushing the needle in and had bubbles of blood come in haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spoke to both an anasthesiologist and a hand surgeon about this on separate occasions, and they both said 'always aspirate'.

i do on delts and quads, but can't see glutes well enough to do it

Before my trips to India I was a human pin cushion for the health department. Six months worth of shots for a total of about 20 injections (all delts). Some where large injections and they never once aspirated. Guess they didn't care if they injected Hep B into a vein. ;)

I wouldnt aspirate either if i didn't have bad anxiety about injecting into a vein or blood vessel and dying lol
it takes a shit load of air injected directly in your bloodstream too kill you. I cant remember the amount but it is alot. keeping clean should be the first thing on your mind.

IML Gear Cream!
Buncha medical scientists around here, I like.

If you don't aspirate and you hit a vein, you will surely shriek, let out a super smelly fart, and then die. Be careful people.

Working too. Sad face

But start prop and npp bulk Monday. Fucks yea!

There is a thread on another board and many have never aspirated.

Fuck that I always aspirate. It's too easy and takes no time why not? Hell I pin every damn day anymore. Might as well be careful

Do i have to push air into the vial more more pressure before i get it in the syringe? If so do i push the air into the oil while the vial is upside down or not in the oil

..try not to confuse'air in spike' with 'air head' .... & 'bubble in vial'..with 'bubble butt'......
3919183.gif
1385513337122.gif

Back