• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Clinic TRT while on self prescribed TRT

CastorTroy01

They/Them
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Has anyone ever approached a clinic about TRT while on self-prescribed TRT and just been honest about wanting to do it under medical supervision vs. on your own?

I don’t see the point of tanking your levels for an arbitrary test level number when everyone knows you’re suppressed and your levels will be dog shit in 4 weeks if you want to go that way. What with it being a clinic that doesn’t accept insurance I don’t see why they’d really care either way so long as you’re up front about it.

Anyone ever done this?

Insurance covers almost everything except Gh and peptides. Sometimes it takes a little push (a letter) from physician & myself to get them to cover certain items but, they come around. Tbh, it can be a completely messed up situation with MD’s or it can be great but, honestly, I’d always tread lightly with Ped use not prescribed. Anti-Aging clinic physicians are definitely the best bet “as far as talking about use or supervision of your use”.

Max

I’ve only been with one clinic, and I wasn’t self-prescribed when I enrolled. That said, when shopping around quite a few say right on the website that they don’t expect you to crash your levels to “pass” a test. One in particular even mentioned UGL meds. My doc doesn’t seem to give a shit what my T levels are as long as the rest of my panel is healthy. First follow up blood work came back at >1500 and he didn’t even bat an eye. Asked if I felt good, told me to start taking my AI to bring my E2 down a bit (spicy nips every now and then) and to consider donating blood every 3-4 months. Next labs in 6 months…

I think honesty up front will get you a lot longer of a leash while keeping a script for traveling. Just my $0.02…

Yeah I just came right out with it during the consult and it worked out fine. I could see why a GP or something would have an issue but I didn’t think an HRT clinic would and I was right.

Thanks for the feedback fellas.

Yeah I just came right out with it during the consult and it worked out fine. I could see why a GP or something would have an issue but I didn’t think an HRT clinic would and I was right.

Thanks for the feedback fellas.

That’s awesome ! Love it when someone actually has a good experience at the ole MD.
Very Cool. Tricks of the Trade and a forward thinking Doc can be invaluable (especially if dealing with Insurance) and proper medication.

Max

I use a clinic yes, but mainly just so i can have paperwork if i need to travel. I use Balkan cypionate from a vendor here which is cheaper than the Testoviron im getting prescribed. Besides, i hate the 1ml ampules they have here. I did get useless gel thats covered by insurance though, but as im in Europe its Gel, Sustanon or nebido. Or drive across the border to get testoviron (Enanthate) at own cost.

But as a bonus i get free blood-work and prostate checks every 6 months.

I use a clinic yes, but mainly just so i can have paperwork if i need to travel. I use Balkan cypionate from a vendor here which is cheaper than the Testoviron im getting prescribed. Besides, i hate the 1ml ampules they have here. I did get useless gel thats covered by insurance though, but as im in Europe its Gel, Sustanon or nebido. Or drive across the border to get testoviron (Enanthate) at own cost.

But as a bonus i get free blood-work and prostate checks every 6 months.

I love getting my prostate checked…

Has anyone ever approached a clinic about TRT while on self-prescribed TRT and just been honest about wanting to do it under medical supervision vs. on your own?

I don’t see the point of tanking your levels for an arbitrary test level number when everyone knows you’re suppressed and your levels will be dog shit in 4 weeks if you want to go that way. What with it being a clinic that doesn’t accept insurance I don’t see why they’d really care either way so long as you’re up front about it.

Anyone ever done this?
The doctors will milk your pocket, mine was good till all the sudden he wanted to see me every 3 months and charge me 250$ , he always said one way to know if your estrogen was getting to high is if I was emotional like a girl, but since I got arimidex take that pill 2x a week it suppressed any estrogen…. You don’t need a doctor to go over your lab work, post them on the forum or if you not comfortable with that, just always have estrogen blockers on hand , keep doing your test you will be fine

Back