• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Chicken issues

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Post from Dante about the bird flu issues -

Well unless you are living under a rock, you no doubt have heard of the MASSIVE avian bird flu crisis going on with chickens/turkeys. As you know I am in the commodities sector with egg albumen (egg white powder), egg powder etc. I am just telling you they are having to slaughter so many millions of birds that this is going to beyond brutal. The prices of eggs, chicken is going to soar. It has already hit egg and egg white powder. You are going to see supplement and mainstream companies that depend on egg white powder either go out of business or have to discontinue that product. The availability right now is nil, and the price per pound is thru the roof. Things will not start to normalize (on the powder end) til at least November and thats being optimistic. I buy truckloads regularly but I just had to buy 5 months worth (because of the lack of stock in the nation) to cover all the companies I produce for.... at a price per pound and a total amount that was shocking. Poultry wise just be prepared....its going to get ROUGH in the days/months ahead.

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Been saying this for a bit now but most people have no clue. One "catastrophe" after another...

Bolan

Registered Member
Reaction score
I've been using Liquid egg whites for a better part of 20 years ED. I cant find any anywhere right now.

CoachCabo

Registered Member
Reaction score
We had a huge Newcastle kill off maybe 7 years ago. I have been told that Mexico is the largest consumer of eggs. We saw a shortsge but no outage and aside from rationing, it didn’t affect me much.

I hope y’all don’t get hammered by this for very long. Fortunately the life/reproductive cycle of chickens is fast and bounch back is usually quicker that that of mammal livestock.

I wonder if the considered home quarantining of chickens and having them wear masks in groups of 5 or more? In Kommifornia chickens can cackle but not crow.

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wonder if the considered home quarantining of chickens and having them wear masks in groups of 5 or more? In Kommifornia chickens can cackle but not crow.

Thanks. I needed a laugh. :ROFLMAO:

Registered Member
Reaction score
Last year at ALDI I was paying about 50 cents a dozen for eggs. I went there today and a dozen eggs was $1.98.
Food is so expensive right now.

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It is very hard to find out my way, egg whites, I see and chicken is almost impossible at times.
One of the stores near me is just massive, and the chicken area was always flourishing, such a variety. It's weird now when you come around the corner from another aisle going to the chicken department and it's dead, just bear metal grates..

HFO3

NO LIMITS.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’ve said it before peppers are going to look like geniuses. It’s past time to own a couple deep freezers full of food and rotate the stock

I’ve done it for years and I can’t even add up the time I save NOT going to the supermarket for weekly items

wesley_swolle

Large Member 🍆
Registered Member
Reaction score
I’ve said it before peppers are going to look like geniuses. It’s past time to own a couple deep freezers full of food and rotate the stock

I’ve done it for years and I can’t even add up the time I save NOT going to the supermarket for weekly items
I love peppers, especially stuffed with ground beef and sprinkled with mozzarella cheese

CoachCabo

Registered Member
Reaction score
I have found Serranos to be the wisest. Jalapeños seem a bit run of the mill in intelligence and Habaneros, so full of themselves. Bell peppers are the most boring of all.

Milford King

Twat Waffle Inspector
Registered Member
Reaction score
A scorpion pepper may not be the smartest but he’ll kick your ass and impregnate your wife.