• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Chest and back day

radcock

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Good morning everyone. I've never paired these two together. I know it was popular in the Golden era. What are the advantages? Anyone do this?

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Good morning everyone. I've never paired these two together. I know it was popular in the Golden era. What are the advantages? Anyone do this?

WAY too much work for me.....
Chest delts and Bi's takes 2 hours, Back, Triceps 2 hours.... The back is a large muscle group, and needs to be hit from every angle.

I think it’s a decent option if you have limited days you can get in the gym, but I prefer to separate them since the back is so large.

There was a time I could only get in the gym 3 days a week and one of the splits I used was: chest/back, shoulders/arms, legs. I liked PPL better though.

Any and all splits work. Depends on the intensity put into it.
How much energy you might have, etc. No such thing as a perfect split.

I find doing the one I like most, works the best. I put the most into it.

WAY too much work for me.....
Chest delts and Bi's takes 2 hours, Back, Triceps 2 hours.... The back is a large muscle group, and needs to be hit from every angle.
I agree a lot of energy for them

If u r doin a reg bro type of split..
Back & legs need there own day,imo..
But you can split the work in 2 days a week upper/lower back or quads,calves/hams,glutes.
Chest can be combined w arms or shoulders..
I have done many different variations, just have to find what works for you

My friend that I go to the gym with (we have our own splits) hits chest and back together, supersets the whole thing. Works for him I guess. I hit back on its own day, too much volume and energy lost for me. Used to hit back and arms, but by the time I got to arms I was pretty much done and arms were getting just what I had left in the tank. Back on its own is working great now, time wise and training efficiency wise.

Update!!! I didn't do it. Lol. Stuck to the back biceps forearms

Personally I pick one large muscle and 2 small muscle to train on.
In additional one day of the week, I do walking do a full circle training light training to keep my muscle at full. It varies for each individually.

It’s actually a good time to pair chest and back… I wouldn’t do it regularly but on one of those days where you’re feeling full of piss and vinegar and you want a great pump and got a couple hours to kill it’s a fantastic pump bro.
I used to do chest and back at a commercial gym when I knew I was gonna run into some hotties afterwards just because of the awesome pump a solid chest and back day will give you.

Pre workout helps.

IML Gear Cream!
I definitely feel like this is way to much work for me, I’m sure i over do it on back day but it’s a favorite for me haha. I’d be in the gym forever in order to actually get both muscle groups done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I train back every session, back depth on lower body days (power cleans, rows etc) and width on upper ( pull ups, pulldowns etc). I used to do pull ups between every push set but hell I'm over 50 now

Back