• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Chest and back day

radcock

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Good morning everyone. I've never paired these two together. I know it was popular in the Golden era. What are the advantages? Anyone do this?

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Bolan

Registered Member
Reaction score
Good morning everyone. I've never paired these two together. I know it was popular in the Golden era. What are the advantages? Anyone do this?

WAY too much work for me.....
Chest delts and Bi's takes 2 hours, Back, Triceps 2 hours.... The back is a large muscle group, and needs to be hit from every angle.

Registered Member
Reaction score
I think it’s a decent option if you have limited days you can get in the gym, but I prefer to separate them since the back is so large.

There was a time I could only get in the gym 3 days a week and one of the splits I used was: chest/back, shoulders/arms, legs. I liked PPL better though.

Rot-Iron66

Registered Member
Reaction score
Any and all splits work. Depends on the intensity put into it.
How much energy you might have, etc. No such thing as a perfect split.

I find doing the one I like most, works the best. I put the most into it.

radcock

Registered Member
Reaction score
WAY too much work for me.....
Chest delts and Bi's takes 2 hours, Back, Triceps 2 hours.... The back is a large muscle group, and needs to be hit from every angle.
I agree a lot of energy for them

Jbswole40

Board Rep
Reaction score
If u r doin a reg bro type of split..
Back & legs need there own day,imo..
But you can split the work in 2 days a week upper/lower back or quads,calves/hams,glutes.
Chest can be combined w arms or shoulders..
I have done many different variations, just have to find what works for you

Astro95

Registered Member
Reaction score
My friend that I go to the gym with (we have our own splits) hits chest and back together, supersets the whole thing. Works for him I guess. I hit back on its own day, too much volume and energy lost for me. Used to hit back and arms, but by the time I got to arms I was pretty much done and arms were getting just what I had left in the tank. Back on its own is working great now, time wise and training efficiency wise.

radcock

Registered Member
Reaction score
Update!!! I didn't do it. Lol. Stuck to the back biceps forearms

Richardbrown

Board Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score

Personally I pick one large muscle and 2 small muscle to train on.
In additional one day of the week, I do walking do a full circle training light training to keep my muscle at full. It varies for each individually.

Milford King

Twat Waffle Inspector
Registered Member
Reaction score
It’s actually a good time to pair chest and back… I wouldn’t do it regularly but on one of those days where you’re feeling full of piss and vinegar and you want a great pump and got a couple hours to kill it’s a fantastic pump bro.
I used to do chest and back at a commercial gym when I knew I was gonna run into some hotties afterwards just because of the awesome pump a solid chest and back day will give you.

Pre workout helps.

Nasty-Bam

Registered Member
Reaction score
I definitely feel like this is way to much work for me, I’m sure i over do it on back day but it’s a favorite for me haha. I’d be in the gym forever in order to actually get both muscle groups done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selfmademonster

Registered Member
Reaction score
I train back every session, back depth on lower body days (power cleans, rows etc) and width on upper ( pull ups, pulldowns etc). I used to do pull ups between every push set but hell I'm over 50 now