• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Calorie Intake

who1

Registered Member
Reaction score
I'm speechless. You have zero clue, just stop

I didn't choose the swolle life, the swolle life chose me ~ Wesley Swolle
dont get so excited its only a post. iam corrected so good luck.

who1

Registered Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just seeing if anyone has experience with or similar to my body type. But I’m 6”2 210lbs. What do you guys think my calorie count/intake should be? I eat around 3,000 now but I’m currently trying to put on weight I hit a plateau and am trying to push through. I guess what I’m asking is do you guys have tips on how to push through and eat more, also a suggested calorie intake?
maybe one of the smarter ones can give you advice............

rdm

Registered Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just seeing if anyone has experience with or similar to my body type. But I’m 6”2 210lbs. What do you guys think my calorie count/intake should be? I eat around 3,000 now but I’m currently trying to put on weight I hit a plateau and am trying to push through. I guess what I’m asking is do you guys have tips on how to push through and eat more, also a suggested calorie intake?
You don't have to make a drastic change. Add 60-120g of carbs spread put across all your meals. That is a 250-500cal increase and only adds 10-20 carbs extra per meal if you're eating 6 meals.

Swanson92

Reaction score

I'd up it to 3500 on training days first and see how that does. I find it's easier to eat more on those days. I'm at 3500 for non training and 4000 for training days. And I'm 6'1" 205 pounds and 15 percent bodyfat

Jbswole40

Board Rep
Reaction score
I'd up it to 3500 on training days first and see how that does. I find it's easier to eat more on those days. I'm at 3500 for non training and 4000 for training days. And I'm 6'1" 205 pounds and 15 percent bodyfat
Great answer here..
If u at 3200,bump to 35..and gradually increase,at your size 4000 may be your sweet spot to grow..track your food and increase calories .time will tell

bigcrunk

Registered Member
Reaction score
sorry wesley, its 3500 cal. your going to gain weight if you eat that much. yes its different for everyone.
I think you're confused man. You can't universally claim 3500 cal will gain weight. That's just not true. It depends on your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) and whether or not you are eating above that amount. Consider people who work out and work a labor job. They will need much more than 3500 cal if they are of a decent size. Please consider reading more on nutrition basics.

Jbswole40

Board Rep
Reaction score
I think you're confused man. You can't universally claim 3500 cal will gain weight. That's just not true. It depends on your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) and whether or not you are eating above that amount. Consider people who work out and work a labor job. They will need much more than 3500 cal if they are of a decent size. Please consider reading more on nutrition basics.
That's a great point..it's a little hard to estimate this(tdee) also it may change day to day..
Example, I may burn 1500+calories at work+ add in gym, on top of that bmr is different for everyone..
I am about 5'11,190 lbs now,I was eating 3800 calories and loosing weight..
You just need to figure things out ,calories in calories out play a big roll in gaining or loosing weight,..good luck

bigcrunk

Registered Member
Reaction score
That's a great point..it's a little hard to estimate this(tdee) also it may change day to day..
Example, I may burn 1500+calories at work+ add in gym, on top of that bmr is different for everyone..
I am about 5'11,190 lbs now,I was eating 3800 calories and loosing weight..
You just need to figure things out ,calories in calories out play a big roll in gaining or loosing weight,..good luck
Absolutely agree. You'll need to find your sweet spot by titrating cal intake up or down from week to week in order to determine where your intake needs to be for maintenance, or lean gains. Spot on.

gearhead80

Registered Member
Reaction score
Hey man, this worked for me and hopefully it can for you too. For breakfast, I would make a shake with 2C egg whites, 1C oats, 1 banana, few TBSP earth balance peanut butter and maybe some almond milk to thin it if need be. It came out to about 1k calories. If I don't have cottage cheese before bed, a 2-scoop casein shake with tart cherry juice, shaved chocolate, almond butter, fat free Greek yogurt and cherries to garnish makes a nice black forest shake. Lot more calories (around 600 some if I recall). My appetite was sucking something awful for a while, but shakes made it easier to get the calories in. Red meat and starches worked better than fish and vegetables. Enjoyed some calorically dense things once in a while like sweet potato fries and cheesecake. I kept increasing cals where I could and eventually broke my plateau. I am 213 now at 5'9". Spent a while stuck at 194-198 but got up to 227. Anyways, good luck bro!

Jbswole40

Board Rep
Reaction score
Hey man, this worked for me and hopefully it can for you too. For breakfast, I would make a shake with 2C egg whites, 1C oats, 1 banana, few TBSP earth balance peanut butter and maybe some almond milk to thin it if need be. It came out to about 1k calories. If I don't have cottage cheese before bed, a 2-scoop casein shake with tart cherry juice, shaved chocolate, almond butter, fat free Greek yogurt and cherries to garnish makes a nice black forest shake. Lot more calories (around 600 some if I recall). My appetite was sucking something awful for a while, but shakes made it easier to get the calories in. Red meat and starches worked better than fish and vegetables. Enjoyed some calorically dense things once in a while like sweet potato fries and cheesecake. I kept increasing cals where I could and eventually broke my plateau. I am 213 now at 5'9". Spent a while stuck at 194-198 but got up to 227. Anyways, good luck bro!
Nice 👍

rdm

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
That black forest shake sounds bomb!

gearhead80

Registered Member
Reaction score
That black forest shake sounds bomb!
Give it a try sometime. I am a chef from hell, so I live for kicking things up a notch. BAM! The plain Jane whey in water or milk just gets so old so fast and zaps the joy out of it for me. When I look forward to having something that will be delicious, it keeps me in it, you know? CT Fletcher always said it's not supposed to taste good, it's to make you look good. Well, I look for the win-win any chance I get. lol.

Reactions: rdm

rdm

Registered Member
Reaction score
Give it a try sometime. I am a chef from hell, so I live for kicking things up a notch. BAM! The plain Jane whey in water or milk just gets so old so fast and zaps the joy out of it for me. When I look forward to having something that will be delicious, it keeps me in it, you know? CT Fletcher always said it's not supposed to taste good, it's to make you look good. Well, I look for the win-win any chance I get. lol.

I'll check it out brother.

I need my food to taste good too.

gearhead80

Registered Member
Reaction score
Have had a sweet tooth like a mofo lately but am eating as clean as I can. Things like this have always helped me that way. Used to do tuna omelets every morning and the smell was like prom night limo. Burnt me out. Variety is the spice of life.

markpeter856

Registered Member
Reaction score
Thanks man I’m deff gonna try this too. I have been stuck for awhile. My end goal is 220 -230 lbs. so I need to pack on the calories just have a hard time getting them down.

markpeter856

Registered Member
Reaction score
I appreciate everyone’s input. I’m very happy I found this forum. I have been on this forum for 3 weeks and have gotten more useful information than my 3 years of lifting lol.

rdm

Registered Member
Reaction score
I appreciate everyone’s input. I’m very happy I found this forum. I have been on this forum for 3 weeks and have gotten more useful information than my 3 years of lifting lol.
Same brother! Love this place.

gearhead80

Registered Member
Reaction score
Thanks man I’m deff gonna try this too. I have been stuck for awhile. My end goal is 220 -230 lbs. so I need to pack on the calories just have a hard time getting them down.
It happens but you will get past it. Just a hurdle. Drinking the cals helps and just swapping out dishes can do wonders. Bison and rice is another good one. This forum is the best I have been to, hands down. Stick around man, it only gets better.

Reactions: rdm

JJB1

Board Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score
It’s often very yard to want to eat more food but it’s very easy to chug a tasty shake right after eating food. I’d throw in 3 shakes a day. Chug them right after your meal. Some taste delicious these days. The regular version of syntha/6 is 200 calories per scoop. I would put 2 scoops of the flavor of their protein you think you’d like best along with a cup oats in the shake. That’s 554 calories times 3 which is an extra 1,662 calories per day, and it’s delicious and easy to drink after eating.

AlbyVa

Registered Member
Reaction score
I'll just share what I usually do. It's not so long since I've been here.
33 years old, 5'9", 84kg
Here's the diet I've devised; I thought I'd gather everyone's feedback, good or bad.

Training Days -
Daily macro:
Protein: 250
Carbs: 250
Fat: 80
Total calories: 2720

My Meal plan (Bulking):

10:00 A.M - 4 Scrambled eggs, Handfull of raisins, Apple, Protein shake (Whey perfection)
12:00 P.M - 1 scoop of N.O-Xplode (Currently 3 week creatine break)
1:30 P.M - Protein shake (Whey perfection made on this blender)
2:00 P.M - Brown rice, Chicken breast, Broccoli
4:00 P.M- 2 slices of whitebread with peanutbutter, Banana
7:00 P.M - Brown rice, Chicken breast, Broccoli
10:00 P.M - 2 slices of whitebread with peanutbutter, Apple
12:00 A.M - Protein shake (Whey perfection), 1 scoop of Cellmass 2.0

Also I have been planning after my whey perfection runs out, I'm going to use Syntha 6 or Syntha 6 isolate instead!

My training program:

MONDAY (day1)/ LEGS, BACK, BICEPS & ABS

Leg Press
Walking Lunges
Pull Down (PS)
Low Pulley (ST)
Lower Back
Cable Curl (rope)
Hammer Curl (Dumbells)
Abs:

TUESDAY (day2)/ CHEST, SHOULDERS, TRICEPS & ABS

Bench Press