• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

By Any Means Necessary

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Goretex for Xmas..??
Z...
The stuff I have keeps the rain off but, I just get soaked with sweat since it's very hot and humid down here.

No win situation. I've looked at some stuff that's supposed to be breathable but, $500 rain gear is rediculos.

zionoir626

Registered Member
Reaction score
I know it is..I used to have a closet full of North Face and Patagonia gear..Used to backpack alot yrs ago..I remember buying a NF Mountain Lite jacket in the 90's for. $350.oo..
On another note,I have some serious digestive problems and with my diarrhea,I can't stay hydrated either..I normally use Gatorade or Pedialyte diluted with mineral water..However,those bananas bags GnT sell are worth trying..Look like piss,taste like piss...but work great..
BTW..Great work Brother..Always refreshing to read your log..
Z...

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Didn't post my pull session from 2 days ago.

Contining to increase weight and reps this session. I seem to be recovering just fine but I'm walking the line as I'll get to in a minute.

The iso work for back is definitely working. Since I've switched to almost all single arm movements I've noticed so much improvement in strength as well as connection to the muscle. I'm deep into the off season so it's harder to see progress but, my back has definitely gotten thicker and wider in the last year.

Yesterday was rest and today was legs. I didn't have the top set strength today much like my last push session. So, recovery is compromised a bit right now BUT, this week the wife and I are on vacation so I won't train all week and free eat each day. This will be my rest week for when I come back and start looking at getting into prep for something this year.

I might prep myself...... Not sure. Looking at myself and never seeing the good is hard to overcome but, I may give it a shot.

Body comp is actually getting better right now too. Weight holding 255-260ish but the midsection has gotten tighter. I attribute it to the gh even though it's only been a couple weeks. Hunger is high, arms are dead asleep when I'm sleeping and my skin is a bit clearer.

I'll be mostly MIA this week while on vacation so I hope everyone is doing well!
9dae95161c11f00cdeb0bd1fec29b161.jpg

HFO3

NO LIMITS.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Didn't post my pull session from 2 days ago.

Contining to increase weight and reps this session. I seem to be recovering just fine but I'm walking the line as I'll get to in a minute.

The iso work for back is definitely working. Since I've switched to almost all single arm movements I've noticed so much improvement in strength as well as connection to the muscle. I'm deep into the off season so it's harder to see progress but, my back has definitely gotten thicker and wider in the last year.

Yesterday was rest and today was legs. I didn't have the top set strength today much like my last push session. So, recovery is compromised a bit right now BUT, this week the wife and I are on vacation so I won't train all week and free eat each day. This will be my rest week for when I come back and start looking at getting into prep for something this year.

I might prep myself...... Not sure. Looking at myself and never seeing the good is hard to overcome but, I may give it a shot.

Body comp is actually getting better right now too. Weight holding 255-260ish but the midsection has gotten tighter. I attribute it to the gh even though it's only been a couple weeks. Hunger is high, arms are dead asleep when I'm sleeping and my skin is a bit clearer.

I'll be mostly MIA this week while on vacation so I hope everyone is doing well!
9dae95161c11f00cdeb0bd1fec29b161.jpg

If you put 1 Splenda mixed in with a banana bag and a water bottle It’s 1000x better.

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Push today. Definitely need the rest this coming week. Strength wasn't there again so, I'm in the ditch.

Anther sign is when my legs start to lose volume. You can see it in this most muscular, they're leaner but, they aren't as big as just two weeks ago. Overall just not as full and a bit run down.

Final pics before vacation for this off season.
e888ee497abcf5a765ade7781c31b4c8.jpg
a43b6959271a23c450613d7d6813f4b8.jpg
e4b22ba4b7465d56b7424661cb1993cb.jpg
a01b262db6cb78e2971cb2afa00a6976.jpg
3f4097144f9afe80c6a9f0d76b4ebf0e.jpg

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you put 1 Splenda mixed in with a banana bag and a water bottle It’s 1000x better.
No idea what you're talking about lol

HFO3

NO LIMITS.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No idea what you're talking about lol

That’s Weird, I (attempted) to replied to znoir6 post that said the hydration banana bags taste terrible.

I use those banana bags time to time and he’s right they do taste terrible, but if you add a Splenda, they’re not so bad lol

Now you know to lol

HFO3

NO LIMITS.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That’s Weird, I (attempted) to replied to znoir6 post that said the hydration banana bags taste terrible.

I use those banana bags time to time and he’s right they do taste terrible, but if you add a Splenda, they’re not so bad lol

Now you know to lol

Post 992

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Now you know to lol
Ahhhh now I see

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Back from vacation.

We had a fucking blast as always in Vegas. Went to see the grand canyon this time though, it was beautiful. Checked off the bucket list.

Our flight home got canceled then rebooked then delayed then I had a flat driving home from the park and ride so we didn't get in until 4 am or so this morning which was the only down part of the entire trip.

I had 3 meals a day of whatever I wanted and ended up coming home down 7lbs, and just kinda bleh. Stomach was not happy after the 2nd day and I just felt a bit crap from all the irregular food.

Back at it today though after a good sleep. Trained legs, prepped food, back to work tomorrow afternoon!
b7429aa2682de2a69b495cff68b1da3c.jpg

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Push.

Solid work today. Shoulder feels a good bit better but I was safe still. Slow and controlled.

Back to a regular pin schedule, gh back to 3iu every day, 250mg test e per week. Gi is distressed for some reason, hopefully it settles down in the next day and isn't my colitis.

9 weeks into the cruise, 10 weeks in 2 days.
bf5312e05f170180359dc7f93aeddf92.jpg

Last edited:

samgraves82

Board Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score
Back from vacation.

We had a fucking blast as always in Vegas. Went to see the grand canyon this time though, it was beautiful. Checked off the bucket list.

Our flight home got canceled then rebooked then delayed then I had a flat driving home from the park and ride so we didn't get in until 4 am or so this morning which was the only down part of the entire trip.

I had 3 meals a day of whatever I wanted and ended up coming home down 7lbs, and just kinda bleh. Stomach was not happy after the 2nd day and I just felt a bit crap from all the irregular food.

Back at it today though after a good sleep. Trained legs, prepped food, back to work tomorrow afternoon!
b7429aa2682de2a69b495cff68b1da3c.jpg
I saw the grand canyon and it was fuckin breathtaking. No picture can compare to in person

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Last 3 sessions. Forgot to update here so this is my update from there -

Last couple days training.

Things are rolling along very well. 10 weeks into the cruise and at least 2 more to go before I start to look at what I'll be doing prep/show wise.

The vacation did me some good for sure. Training is going good and overall intensity in the gym is back extremely high. I would say my strength is still climbing but, I think these last few sessions are a product of the intensity going up honestly.

I was sore as fuck after pull day which is very very rare. Hammered the back hard.

Legs were today after a rest day yesterday and it went great as well. Increased load or reps everywhere. Moved up to 9 plates per side on the leg press for 15 which I haven't done in quite a bit since I started making the 2 count eccentric reps standard in my leg training. I've got room for one more plate per side then I'll have to get creative. This cybex leg press is pretty damn heavy so I don't need much more hopefully. 8 plates on here feels like 12 or more on any other leg press I've used in the past.

Hatfield Squats are still in the rotation but, I've pulled volume there to a single working set and, added a single leg leg press immediately after to really isolate the quad better and keep my left one from falling too far behind.

All sets except muscle rounds are taken too just short of failure by a rep. Muscle rounds and clusters are failure sets.

----------

Push today.

Strength just isn't there for pressing still. I'm being cautious but, for comparison I was pressing 405 for 7 on my top sets of Smith Incline before the shoulder went wonky. Need to substitute those out probably.
b91b107c9017a10acc87dada112ed688.jpg
b45ca45e44d10179e456b4b321528f81.jpg
fdf9fed928e3a1351dbefcc921ced205.jpg

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Last 3 sessions. Forgot to update here so this is my update from there -

Last couple days training.

Things are rolling along very well. 10 weeks into the cruise and at least 2 more to go before I start to look at what I'll be doing prep/show wise.

The vacation did me some good for sure. Training is going good and overall intensity in the gym is back extremely high. I would say my strength is still climbing but, I think these last few sessions are a product of the intensity going up honestly.

I was sore as fuck after pull day which is very very rare. Hammered the back hard.

Legs were today after a rest day yesterday and it went great as well. Increased load or reps everywhere. Moved up to 9 plates per side on the leg press for 15 which I haven't done in quite a bit since I started making the 2 count eccentric reps standard in my leg training. I've got room for one more plate per side then I'll have to get creative. This cybex leg press is pretty damn heavy so I don't need much more hopefully. 8 plates on here feels like 12 or more on any other leg press I've used in the past.

Hatfield Squats are still in the rotation but, I've pulled volume there to a single working set and, added a single leg leg press immediately after to really isolate the quad better and keep my left one from falling too far behind.

All sets except muscle rounds are taken too just short of failure by a rep. Muscle rounds and clusters are failure sets.

----------

Push today.

Strength just isn't there for pressing still. I'm being cautious but, for comparison I was pressing 405 for 7 on my top sets of Smith Incline before the shoulder went wonky. Need to substitute those out probably.
b91b107c9017a10acc87dada112ed688.jpg
b45ca45e44d10179e456b4b321528f81.jpg
fdf9fed928e3a1351dbefcc921ced205.jpg
Since you started incorporating the two second or longer duration with the eccentric portion of the lift, do you do any holds and pauses too?
Example hack squat - 2-3 eccentric, brief pause at bottom, then coming up and stopping halfway for 2 to 3 seconds (hold),, then completing the rest of the range of the motion, and repeating it instantaneously..
What's your thoughts on holds/pauses?
It has been part of my plan with only a few movements, but by the time I get to them I'm spent.. and one of the movements would actually be the hack, but it's just one set until failure.. is there really a greater chance of increasing hypertrophy?

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Since you started incorporating the two second or longer duration with the eccentric portion of the lift, do you do any holds and pauses too?
Example hack squat - 2-3 eccentric, brief pause at bottom, then coming up and stopping halfway for 2 to 3 seconds (hold),, then completing the rest of the range of the motion, and repeating it instantaneously..
What's your thoughts on holds/pauses?
It has been part of my plan with only a few movements, but by the time I get to them I'm spent.. and one of the movements would actually be the hack, but it's just one set until failure.. is there really a greater chance of increasing hypertrophy?
I have tried what your talking about in Meadows training.

Pauses, partial reps, static holds, they are all just ways to add tume under tension or make a movement harder. They aren't going to make a great difference in how you grow more then an extra perfect rep or a slower eccentric, it's just a way to make the movement more challenging.

The slow eccentric stuff I've been doing is just for strength sake. I've gotten stronger then what my body wants to handle over the last year and this is s way I am able to keep the loads manageable for myself and continue to progress strength, aside from making sure the intended muscle is working.

If you enjoy those techniques, then use them because your training should be enjoyable but, I don't think they will make much difference long term as they should be used in certain instances to switch things up for a small time, not the base of your training.

And pauses shouldn't be confused with loaded stretches which WILL help you grow.

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Today was an off day from training and work.

Training has been great since I got back from vacation but, I have neglected my regular off days a little. Typically I'm 2 on 1 off but I went 3 on 1 off 2 on and I can feel it lol. Pumping the brakes today to get back into a good recovery spot.

I work nights so my sleep is always screwed up but, I went to bed around midnight, woke up and ate at 8 then slept in until about 1pm. Feeling very fresh after the second nap.

Did some tinkering around the house, yard work which was putting down a second application of weed and feed then mowing. Cooked chicken and dumplings for the family. Laundry. Started prepping chicken and beef for the work week.

I'll probably take the dogs for a walk then relax the rest of the day.

Tomorrow is pull day which is starting to become my favorite day of training. Legs is usually my jam but, seeing and feeling the progress in my back along with five tuning the exercises in using that really hit it, has me excited about pull day more then ever.

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Slacker.

My gym is closed sunday. My excuse.
Yeah, just looking for excuses at this point

Pull day. I did arms too but I don't track them, just go into they can't move. I also pulled from the floor just for giggles, 405x13 so that's nice.

Stronger, more reps. Let's fucking go. Oh! It's almost time to stop the cruise too
d1fa5b9cf816d55a891b1832cd452fbc.jpg

Last edited:

samgraves82

Board Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score
Today was an off day from training and work.

Training has been great since I got back from vacation but, I have neglected my regular off days a little. Typically I'm 2 on 1 off but I went 3 on 1 off 2 on and I can feel it lol. Pumping the brakes today to get back into a good recovery spot.

I work nights so my sleep is always screwed up but, I went to bed around midnight, woke up and ate at 8 then slept in until about 1pm. Feeling very fresh after the second nap.

Did some tinkering around the house, yard work which was putting down a second application of weed and feed then mowing. Cooked chicken and dumplings for the family. Laundry. Started prepping chicken and beef for the work week.

I'll probably take the dogs for a walk then relax the rest of the day.

Tomorrow is pull day which is starting to become my favorite day of training. Legs is usually my jam but, seeing and feeling the progress in my back along with five tuning the exercises in using that really hit it, has me excited about pull day more then ever.
Back day is my favorite too in a fun way but I really love leg day in a "let's go destroy some shit" type of way. I'm so ready to get some iron moving after this deload week. Me hate deload

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have tried what your talking about in Meadows training.

Pauses, partial reps, static holds, they are all just ways to add tume under tension or make a movement harder. They aren't going to make a great difference in how you grow more then an extra perfect rep or a slower eccentric, it's just a way to make the movement more challenging.

The slow eccentric stuff I've been doing is just for strength sake. I've gotten stronger then what my body wants to handle over the last year and this is s way I am able to keep the loads manageable for myself and continue to progress strength, aside from making sure the intended muscle is working.

If you enjoy those techniques, then use them because your training should be enjoyable but, I don't think they will make much difference long term as they should be used in certain instances to switch things up for a small time, not the base of your training.

And pauses shouldn't be confused with loaded stretches which WILL help you grow.
As always thank you for the methodical breakdown, I wasn't sure if it really made much of a difference or not incorporating the holds and pauses.
I'm really not noticing much of a difference with it putting more tut on glutes when doing hacks.. so now I don't feel so guilty for kind of bailing on doing these.
But on shoulder days I will incorporate just one set of incline presses for chest pumps. 2 x 20 with a 2-3 sec hold and squeeze at top, with a 3 sec negative. But our movements like that I'm feeling the holds.

I'm glad you mentioned loaded stretches.
I was wrestling with how super necessary they would be, I've been incorporating them in my cable flies, but maybe you could correct something here if I'm doing it wrong, what I've been doing is holding the stretch for 60 seconds after each set..3 x 20 (I do these last after all of my chest movements and before I move on to tris, and later on to shoulder pumps.

When I'm doing these weighted stretches with cable flies, I'm fatiguing relatively quickly in my arms and my sets have a tendency to get sloppy so I have to drop the weight. My chest still feels roasted, but I'm not sure if it's really necessary for these holds? It's absolutely brutal like I'm on a crucifix. But I'm doing my best with still following through and twisting so I can touch my pinkies.

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As always thank you for the methodical breakdown, I wasn't sure if it really made much of a difference or not incorporating the holds and pauses.
I'm really not noticing much of a difference with it putting more tut on glutes when doing hacks.. so now I don't feel so guilty for kind of bailing on doing these.
But on shoulder days I will incorporate just one set of incline presses for chest pumps. 2 x 20 with a 2-3 sec hold and squeeze at top, with a 3 sec negative. But our movements like that I'm feeling the holds.

I'm glad you mentioned loaded stretches.
I was wrestling with how super necessary they would be, I've been incorporating them in my cable flies, but maybe you could correct something here if I'm doing it wrong, what I've been doing is holding the stretch for 60 seconds after each set..3 x 20 (I do these last after all of my chest movements and before I move on to tris, and later on to shoulder pumps.

When I'm doing these weighted stretches with cable flies, I'm fatiguing relatively quickly in my arms and my sets have a tendency to get sloppy so I have to drop the weight. My chest still feels roasted, but I'm not sure if it's really necessary for these holds? It's absolutely brutal like I'm on a crucifix. But I'm doing my best with still following through and twisting so I can touch my pinkies.
The loaded stretch should come after the last exercise for the body part so they don't effect the rest of the session

HFO3

NO LIMITS.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The loaded stretch should come after the last exercise for the body part so they don't effect the rest of the session

Good point. So obvious now that I read it but I have never used the loaded stretch specifically at the end only

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
When I have been doing loaded stretches they have been at the very last movement for that body part. That's just the program I have, I didn't put it in that fashion, but now it makes sense on why it is in that fashion. For example on chest day, the loaded stretch with flies is the last movement for pecs..
Weighted stretches can feel brutal, but the blood volume thereafter feels amazing.
I wished that I've used them sooner.

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Leg day
4 hours of sleep but we got it done. Made progress in most spots. Pulled out rdls since I pulled from the floor yesterday.

Felt good during training but I'll be dragging tonight at work I'm sure.

Still cruising on the 250-300mg test and 3iu gh right now. I think I've got about 9 more days until I finish off the current bottle I have which is what I had set aside for this cruise. When is done it'll be around 12 weeks and I'll revisit if I continue to cruise or start a cycle for prep.

Speaking of prep, I think I may do my own this year. I'm supremely confident in my ability to bring others in shape but, I haven't ever gotten to the real nitty gritty with myself. A few years back I pulled down to what I figured back then was 4-5 weeks out and really liked the look but, I was much closer to 3 weeks out given what I learned last prep with how much water I hold until I lower it during the week of the show.

I guess I'll bring myself down slow and steady and if I need help at the end I'll contact Dusty to help finish out.

That's it for now!
7939a1f5b936ba0098a742ac04bff489.jpg

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Push today.

Shoulder felt pretty good so we loaded it up a bit more.

Uploading pics is a pain in the ass now so I'll try to load the log book later
476b28836aa9b9e5344223885d57ee95.jpg

Last edited:

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pull.

Subbed out the regular one arm Bb row for all Meadows. Getting better at these and starting to feel my whole lat contract now.

Feeling good just tired from work and stuff, sleep is around 4 hours a day with all the extra stuff going on atm.
3eba20067d3a18dbd9d419293190686c.jpg

Last edited:

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Leg day.

Left knee got tweaked during my first working set on leg press so I dropped one set there and didn't squat.

Legs feel good, didn't crush them but they got a good working none the less. Had sushi after
b35839015dae285c8e15c324cdc8712c.jpg
982b34f28e246537db6baa303a9ea56d.jpg
cc5ea4645bb05d9d7caea6b0034ee960.jpg

samgraves82

Board Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score
Leg day.

Left knee got tweaked during my first working set on leg press so I dropped one set there and didn't squat.

Legs feel good, didn't crush them but they got a good working none the less. Had sushi after
b35839015dae285c8e15c324cdc8712c.jpg
982b34f28e246537db6baa303a9ea56d.jpg
cc5ea4645bb05d9d7caea6b0034ee960.jpg
Now I have to have sushi!!

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Now I have to have sushi!!
I had a hibachi chicken meal as well. I could have eaten anther 8 rolls but I always have digestion issues the next day due to the seaweed so I didn't want to push it too much.