• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Breakfast ideas?

0zarks2

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I get up every morning at 3:30 and have breakfast before working out. Usually at the gym by 4:30. I've had egg whites with a whole egg every way you can imagine. I've eaten them a thousand different way over the last couple of years. I also have oatmeal as well.
However I can't hardly choke down the egg whites anymore so looking for some new ideas. Any early risers out there? What do you eat before training?

MidWest

Registered Member
Reaction score
I get up every morning at 3:30 and have breakfast before working out. Usually at the gym by 4:30. I've had egg whites with a whole egg every way you can imagine. I've eaten them a thousand different way over the last couple of years. I also have oatmeal as well.
However I can't hardly choke down the egg whites anymore so looking for some new ideas. Any early risers out there? What do you eat before training?

I stopped putting such a focus on egg whites only a long time ago and increased my breakfast to 4 whole eggs. We have plenty of evidence now in my opinion that cholesterol in yolks does not have a significant impact on blood cholesterol levels. With all whole eggs it is highly more palatable for me.

I eat plenty of oatmeal with eggs but I also mix it up with an everything bagel tore up into pieces with 4 over easy eggs in a bowl and avacado. It isn’t pretty but is tasty!

maxmuscle1

Registered Member
Reaction score
Have 2lbs grilled Patties in the fridge or sliced steak/Chicken and whip them eggs(whites) up with all your veges and Roll it up in a Massive Wrap/Tortilla and smash it w some new sauce /seasonings.

2 cups Grapenuts/2 cups Fairlife FF /Banana1-2 almost no fats /40+ protein / 220carbs /

Quick Cubed Steak & Eggs w Dave’s Powerseed Bread w Milk or Water takes me 5min-6mi. Total . I put some McCormick spices on the steaks and pan fry or have precooked w a Dave’s bagel and a Smoothie (out the door )

Max

Day old Baked Potatoes(cut thin, spray & Airfry ) w some Chicken or Turkey Tenderloins .
400deg. 8 min or so . Squirt mustard /Red pepper sauce

wesley_swolle

Large Member 🍆
Registered Member
Reaction score
This isn't for everyone, but i thought I'd throw it out. Since you have to be at the gym so early, have you ever considered training fasted? I recently started 16/8 intermittent fasting. My last meal of the night is around 7pm, so i fast from 7pm to 11am(16 hours) My training session starts at 9:30am, so I eat my first meal of the day when I'm working out. Then I have an eight hour window to eat my second meal (I only eat 2 meals per day and a snack)
I was actually surprised how easily I transitioned from training on a full stomach, to training fasted. No loss of strength at all, which surprised me the most.

0zarks2

Registered Member
Reaction score
I stopped putting such a focus on egg whites only a long time ago and increased my breakfast to 4 whole eggs. We have plenty of evidence now in my opinion that cholesterol in yolks does not have a significant impact on blood cholesterol levels. With all whole eggs it is highly more palatable for me.

I eat plenty of oatmeal with eggs but I also mix it up with an everything bagel tore up into pieces with 4 over easy eggs in a bowl and avacado. It isn’t pretty but is tasty!
This is what I used to do. I'd have 3 eggs over easy every morning. However my cholesterol was inching upwards the last couple of years so I was trying to reverse that trend if I could. I'm not disputing your claims, but I honestly haven't ever heard that. That'd be great as I always did pretty well with the whole eggs over easy. Still LOVE my oatmeal with some Splenda and cinnamon though lol.

0zarks2

Registered Member
Reaction score
This isn't for everyone, but i thought I'd throw it out. Since you have to be at the gym so early, have you ever considered training fasted? I recently started 16/8 intermittent fasting. My last meal of the night is around 7pm, so i fast from 7pm to 11am(16 hours) My training session starts at 9:30am, so I eat my first meal of the day when I'm working out. Then I have an eight hour window to eat my second meal (I only eat 2 meals per day and a snack)
I was actually surprised how easily I transitioned from training on a full stomach, to training fasted. No loss of strength at all, which surprised me the most.
No I've never considered it to be honest. I may have to give it a try.
So what's your first meal after you're through training?

wesley_swolle

Large Member 🍆
Registered Member
Reaction score
No I've never considered it to be honest. I may have to give it a try.
So what's your first meal after you're through training?
I normally prep three days worth of meals, so my post workout meal could be grilled salmon with oven roasted potatoes or grilled chicken breast and basmati rice or ground beef and rice. If I don't have anything preped, I just have a good old fashioned breakfast of eggs, turkey bacon, hash browns, toast with pb and Greek yogurt.

HFO3

NO LIMITS.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

A few options: tbsp pure peanut butter with raw honey, 40 grams isolate//large banana, 1/4 cup almonds, fruit, but with such little time from eating till you get to the gym, I’d keep it light and load the carbs the night before. If I had more time, I'd make a ground turkey bowl, rice beans turkey, avocado, cheese

0zarks2

Registered Member
Reaction score
A few options: tbsp pure peanut butter with raw honey, 40 grams isolate//large banana, 1/4 cup almonds, fruit, but with such little time from eating till you get to the gym, I’d keep it light and load the carbs the night before. If I had more time, I'd make a ground turkey bowl, rice beans turkey, avocado, cheese
This is eerily similar to what I do now, just on a different schedule.
I do a PB sandwich at night with honey, a protein shake, and a banana. That's good stuff. Love it!

I also do ground turkey bowls all the time. Usually a bed of rice, black beans, corn, avacodos, and diced tomatoes. I usually prep a week's worth of ground turkey and veggies over the weekend.

It sounds like I can just move things around to make this work. I just get it in my head that only certain things are breakfast foods so I honestly hadn't even thought about just switching things around. Appreciate it.

tommygunz

Registered Member
Reaction score
Whey protien isolate, a bannana, 1 tblsp PB and 8 oz almond milk for early a.m. breakfast is my go to, normal days it's overnight oats, 1 scoop whey, 1/2 cup oats, 1/4 cup walnuts and handfull of blue berries in a 16 oz mason jar, top off with almond milk and let sit in the fridge overnight. It's a grab and go breakfast that won't need refrigeration for several hours.

Pathadden

Registered Member
Reaction score
Cream of rice or oatmeal with some protein powder mixed in. 3 minutes 30 seconds in the microwave

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Board Rep
Reaction score
Steak and eggs with a side of hash browns and hot sauce