• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Bible Thread

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback. Now in your example of a " dirty old man" you are looking at situations of end result of that ingrained behavior. What I'm asking about the exact behavior that's the root of the issue. Should you constantly go out of your way as a believer to change that behavior "dirty old man" and not be that man knowing it could lead to sin. Or do you accept that you are so then in turn try to limit the times it gets the best of you. Knowing full well it will at some point. Sin is sin. Lusting after another beautiful lady is equal as a sin as actually going through with sleeping with her.
I'm using you as example because you gave feedback btw.

No worries. I don't mind/take offense using myself as an example. Plus, I figure everybody knows what I am by this point. I think accepting and limiting those times are key. There is no point in lying to myself and pretending I am something I am not. Not only is it hypocritical, it would probably lead to me doing MORE stupid things because, "hey that's not me." But by acknowledging those flaws, I can also do things to avoid them. So it isn't necessarily a "I will give in at some point, because I can't help it."

I'll tell a story and I'll let you all be the judge on it. Let me say up front, I have never physically cheated on my wife. After 30+ yrs of marriage, I have had my fair share of marital dry spells and outside temptations. During one of those dry spells, a new girl started at work. She was fun and bubbly, overly friendly, and had a rocking little body. I mean rocking...stop traffic, head turning rocking. Fun and bubbly soon turned to flirting which led to full on inappropriate comments/conversation. Mostly by me, but they were encouraged. Bad behavior that gets rewarded gets repeated. To this day, I don't know how or why things didn't go further than they did. It wasn't from my will power. That's for sure. After a couple of years, she got a job someplace else. Her last two weeks was spent mostly in my company. My will power was bottomed out. Her last day came, and I had mentally made up my mind to let whatever happened, happen. Probably because she was headed some place else and I would never see her again. Like that somehow made things better. She was bombarded by well wishers, but she had hung with me most of the morning and was leaving work early that day. When it came time for her to leave, the decision was jointly made that I would walk her out to her car. The parking lot was mostly hidden from prying work eyes. Just as we hit the door to leave, the MOST talkative guy in the building shows up and is leaving early too. He immediately latches onto us and starts in with his 92 stories about this, that, and the other thing. Full on hard core cock block. The girl and I immediately exchange glances and have a little "don't let him ruin this" moment. We walk out to her car and this guy continues on...and on...and on. Meanwhile, she and I are exchanging our little looks. When it becomes blatantly evident that he isn't going to leave, we finally give each other an "oh well, it wasn't meant to be" look and say our goodbyes.

So...did I "win" because I was trying to be a better person? Nope. Did God put our talkative coworker into our way to keep us on the right path? Probably.

1Cor.10​

[13] No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

E.J.D

Registered Member
Reaction score
No worries. I don't mind/take offense using myself as an example. Plus, I figure everybody knows what I am by this point. I think accepting and limiting those times are key. There is no point in lying to myself and pretending I am something I am not. Not only is it hypocritical, it would probably lead to me doing MORE stupid things because, "hey that's not me." But by acknowledging those flaws, I can also do things to avoid them. So it isn't necessarily a "I will give in at some point, because I can't help it."

I'll tell a story and I'll let you all be the judge on it. Let me say up front, I have never physically cheated on my wife. After 30+ yrs of marriage, I have had my fair share of marital dry spells and outside temptations. During one of those dry spells, a new girl started at work. She was fun and bubbly, overly friendly, and had a rocking little body. I mean rocking...stop traffic, head turning rocking. Fun and bubbly soon turned to flirting which led to full on inappropriate comments/conversation. Mostly by me, but they were encouraged. Bad behavior that gets rewarded gets repeated. To this day, I don't know how or why things didn't go further than they did. It wasn't from my will power. That's for sure. After a couple of years, she got a job someplace else. Her last two weeks was spent mostly in my company. My will power was bottomed out. Her last day came, and I had mentally made up my mind to let whatever happened, happen. Probably because she was headed some place else and I would never see her again. Like that somehow made things better. She was bombarded by well wishers, but she had hung with me most of the morning and was leaving work early that day. When it came time for her to leave, the decision was jointly made that I would walk her out to her car. The parking lot was mostly hidden from prying work eyes. Just as we hit the door to leave, the MOST talkative guy in the building shows up and is leaving early too. He immediately latches onto us and starts in with his 92 stories about this, that, and the other thing. Full on hard core cock block. The girl and I immediately exchange glances and have a little "don't let him ruin this" moment. We walk out to her car and this guy continues on...and on...and on. Meanwhile, she and I are exchanging our little looks. When it becomes blatantly evident that he isn't going to leave, we finally give each other an "oh well, it wasn't meant to be" look and say our goodbyes.

So...did I "win" because I was trying to be a better person? Nope. Did God put our talkative coworker into our way to keep us on the right path? Probably.

1Cor.10​

[13] No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
I Appreciate your insights and stories. I feel when we obsess over our shortcomings as humans and strive to completely change ourselves we get stuck in a mental purgatory and get lost in journey through life. We lose ourselves which in turn leads down to dark roads. We are far from perfect individuals.

Sidebar. no judgement from me. I only judge things that I also expect to be equally judged on.

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I Appreciate your insights and stories. I feel when we obsess over our shortcomings as humans and strive to completely change ourselves we get stuck in a mental purgatory and get lost in journey through life. We lose ourselves which in turn leads down to dark roads. We are far from perfect individuals.

Sidebar. no judgement from me. I only judge things that I also expect to be equally judged on.

Yep, I see no benefit from self flagellation.

tatertot

Jesus Christ is the Way, Truth, and Life
Reaction score

Yep, I see no benefit from self flagellation.

Came across this meme and was going to share it here. Then I saw your guys' conversation and thought it was even more appropriate.

Simul Justus Et Peccator
This phrase sums up the duality of our sin nature, but also our righteousness through faith alone in Christ. Once we understand the Gospel, we are then motivated by love (not performance) to glorify God by obeying His law, and he gives us grace and power by the Holy Spirit to do so.

"In and of ourselves, under the analysis of God's scrutiny, we still have sin; we're still sinners. But, by imputation and by faith in Jesus Christ, whose righteousness is now transferred to our account, then we are considered just or righteous. This is the very heart of the gospel." (source)

2 Corinthians 5:21

296179825_615008056649432_3310862783514100763_n.jpg

tatertot

Reaction score

heavyiron

Community Veteran
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Open discussion.... Does it truly matter that a individual practices being a good, honorable, upstanding individual as a believer? To constantly fight against our human nature, the desires of our flesh we encounter. To embody someone we are truly not programmed to be.

Or should we embrace who we are programmed to be flaws an all. We were created with known traits that aren't desirable as humans. Yet seek forgiveness for our transgressions.
I think that its the entire point. If you step back and analyze the point of the Bible its to know the One who made us and to be conformed to His image through relationship. You could probably summarize the entirety of scripture with the word love or relationship. Its the point. We cannot live this "Christian" life without Him. We must constantly rely on Him. You will fail and get knocked down but you get back up. This causes a perpetual reliance on Him. This is relationship with the One who made us.

However some people have a poor self image that is also unhealthy. Just remember that Christ paid for ALL of our sins and then imputed His righteousness to those who have relationship with Him. He sees us as holy not because of us or our actions but because of Christs work on the cross and His resurrection. Positionally in His eyes we are without sin once we accept His Son, now we need to act like it. Its a lifetime of reliance.

If your short comings make you rely on Him over and over you are on the right track. This world is a fight and there are unseen enemies all around.

Anyway, Paul talks about these concepts in many of his writings. Maybe read the entire chapter 6 in Romans and camp out there for a while.

Milford King

Twat Waffle Inspector
Registered Member
Reaction score
Mary Magdalene was NOT a prostitute and is a very significant symbol of Christianity. For without witness there exist no resurrection. Why then, did pope Gregory the 6th make a mockery of her position in Christianity?

Mary was a very articulate and sophisticated woman. Not exactly prostitute material…

Agree or disagree…

so1970

Registered Member
Reaction score
Mary Magdalene was NOT a prostitute and is a very significant symbol of Christianity. For without witness there exist no resurrection. Why then, did pope Gregory the 6th make a mockery of her position in Christianity?

Mary was a very articulate and sophisticated woman. Not exactly prostitute material…

Agree or disagree…
True she became a great follower of Christ. The fact that she had a questionable past should give us all hope . We also have a past we may not be proud of but thanks to Jesus we also have a future we can look forward to

tatertot

Reaction score

Agree or disagree…

Interesting question - There's a few mentions of "Mary" in the Scriptures. The “sinful woman” in Luke 7 who washed Jesus' feet. Mary the sister of Martha and Lazarus (Luke 10:38-42). And there's the woman caught in adultery John 8:3-11.

Maybe these are the same Mary, maybe not. I dont think there's enough evidence to know for sure one way or the other. What I do know is that Jesus forgave them, and offers the same forgiveness of sins to anyone who turns from their sin and follows Him. That's what should give us all hope. Doesn't matter what our past has been, there's always forgiveness offered in Jesus Christ!

Shotta609

Registered Member
Reaction score
I read the Bible 2 times in jail, except that chapter where it explains this person , son of this guy cousin of this one and it’s just 1000s of names, fuck that to hard to comprehend

tatertot

Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I read the Bible 2 times in jail, except that chapter where it explains this person , son of this guy cousin of this one and it’s just 1000s of names, fuck that to hard to comprehend

Hopefully you didnt just read the book of Numbers in KJV, my guy :ROFLMAO: Try reading again from a modern translation (ESV or NIV are good), and hang out in Books like John, Proverbs, Psalms.

ALL Scripture is valuable, and those genealogy lists are good for a) proving the authenticity of the Bible, and b) showing the covenant faithfulness of God through the generations fulfilled in Christ.... But I agree with you, it's a slog to get through those names :)

Reactions: 220

HFO3

NO LIMITS.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

no man can understand the bible in a carnal mind, period, you must be born again with an alive spirit to understand things of the spirit. talk to Jesus bro, from the heart and ask Him to save you by believing what He did at the cross is for you too, He paid the price for sin for the world but ONLY for those who believe in thier hearts, not just their minds. The bible is TRUTH. PM me if you wanna

j2048b

Registered Member
Reaction score
Open discussion.... Does it truly matter that a individual practices being a good, honorable, upstanding individual as a believer? To constantly fight against our human nature, the desires of our flesh we encounter. To embody someone we are truly not programmed to be.

Or should we embrace who we are programmed to be flaws an all. We were created with known traits that aren't desirable as humans. Yet seek forgiveness for our transgressions.

Saul murdered christians by the boat load. Because of his out right jealousy…. Then god appeared before him like a whirlwind and blinded him, just to accept him and forgive him,

Repentance is the only way, repent and take up your cross and follow me…. Turn away from your old self you’ve been made brand new…. You have to give up your old self….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tatertot

Reaction score
Awesome sermon snippet today.
'If we answer the question, "would you go to heaven if you died tonight", in the first person, we've gone wrong. The only proper answer is in the third person... Because HE!'

GYMnTONIC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
After being a long time Satan worshipper.

Eminem has accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior.

Great to have him on our side 🙏🙏🙏

heavyiron

Community Veteran
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Are you watching? We are commanded to watch (grēgoreō)

γρηγορεύω grēgoreúō, gray-gor-yoo'-o; from G1453; to keep awake, i.e. watch (literally or figuratively):—be vigilant, wake, (be) watch(-ful).

1 Thessalonians 5

1 But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you.
2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.
3 For when they say, "Peace and safety!" then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.
4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.
5 You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness.
6 Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober.
7 For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night.
8 But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation.
9 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,
10 who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.
11 Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing.

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This one may have already been posted, but worth a repost.

HFO3

NO LIMITS.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
this is the most underrated scripture in proverbs:

A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
11 Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
12 She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.
13 She selects wool and flax
and works with eager hands.
14 She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.
15 She gets up while it is still night;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her female servants.
16 She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
17 She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.
18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
and her lamp does not go out at night.
19 In her hand she holds the distaff
and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
20 She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.
21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
22 She makes coverings for her bed;
she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
and supplies the merchants with sashes.
25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.
26 She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
27 She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all.”
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
31 Honor her for all that her hands have done,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

LOVE YOUR WIFE. dont ask me how I know ....everything she does and thinks matters

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
this is the most underrated scripture in proverbs:

LOVE YOUR WIFE. dont ask me how I know ....everything she does and thinks matters

I love my wife, but I don't know about EVERYTHING she does and thinks. :unsure:

heavyiron

Community Veteran
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Most people have no idea what is coming. They think of Jesus as passive and weak. He is going to dispel that notion soon.

Reaping the Earth’s Harvest​

Then I looked, and behold, a white cloud, and on the cloud sat One like the Son of Man, having on His head a golden crown, and in His hand a sharp sickle. And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to Him who sat on the cloud, “Thrust in Your sickle and reap, for the time has come for You to reap, for the harvest of the earth is ripe.” So He who sat on the cloud thrust in His sickle on the earth, and the earth was reaped.

1662759509774.png

HFO3

NO LIMITS.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Most people have no idea what is coming. They think of Jesus as passive and weak. He is going to dispel that notion soon.

Reaping the Earth’s Harvest​

Then I looked, and behold, a white cloud, and on the cloud sat One like the Son of Man, having on His head a golden crown, and in His hand a sharp sickle. And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to Him who sat on the cloud, “Thrust in Your sickle and reap, for the time has come for You to reap, for the harvest of the earth is ripe.” So He who sat on the cloud thrust in His sickle on the earth, and the earth was reaped.

View attachment 78357
Great post heavy.

Here is the old testament prophecy of Jesus return spoken by Isaiah

Isaiah 63:3
“I have trodden the winepress alone, and from the peoples no one was with me; I trod them in my anger and trampled them in my wrath; their lifeblood spattered on my garments, and stained all my apparel.

Here is the fulfillment of Isaiah prophecy, when Jesus returns, He is coming back for His people and to slay His enemies and those who oppose His people.

Revelation 19:13
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood
Either in his own, by which he became the Saviour of his church and people; or else in the blood of his saints, he now comes to avenge; or rather in the blood of his enemies, with which he appears as stained, before the battle is fought, the victory being sure, and their slaughter unavoidable: the metaphor is taken from persons treading in a winepress, whose garments are stained with blood of grapes; see ( Revelation 19:15 ) ( Genesis 49:11 ) ( Isaiah 63:1-3 ) . Here may be also an allusion to the Roman general's vesture, which was sometimes purple or scarlet, in which he fought, as did Lucullus F19.

Draig

Registered Member
Reaction score
3fbdbb8377f08a688b97dac7a7b85c1f.jpg

One of my favorite verses from the Old Testament.

So much hope and peace in this verse, we all fall short but His grace is sufficient for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HFO3

NO LIMITS.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pray for me today I'm going to talk to my surgeon about my to t4 to surgery
BY His stripes we are healed and He wishes above all thing that we prosper and be in health even as our minds prosper in Jesus name.

Appropriate your faith to your need which He has already provided by grace on the cross, I know its easier said than done and I have seen miracles in my families life including miracles of my own. I dont understand why sometimes I receive and others I dont, one thing Im sure of, its my failure and not His.