• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Bible Thread

heavyiron

Community Veteran
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ezekiel 38 and Isaiah 17 incoming?

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Joshua 14
7 I was forty years old when Moses the servant of the LORD sent me …to spy out the land…
10 And now, behold, the LORD has kept me alive, as He said, these forty-five years, …and now, here I am this day, eighty-five years old. 11 As yet I am as strong this day as on the day that Moses sent me; just as my strength was then, so now is my strength for war, both for going out and for coming in. 12 Now therefore, give me this mountain of which the LORD spoke in that day; for you heard in that day how the Anakim were there, and that the cities were great and fortified. It may be that the LORD will be with me, and I shall be able to drive them out as the LORD said.”
13 And Joshua blessed him, and gave Hebron to Caleb …14 Hebron therefore became the inheritance of Caleb …because he wholly followed the LORD God of Israel.

The Anakim were referred to as giants. So essentially what Caleb is saying here is, “I’m 85 years old! And I’m as strong as I ever was! Let me have this mountain and the Lord and I will go up and smite these giants! I don’t care if they have the high ground. I don’t care if their walls are 20 feet high and 10 feet thick.”

Pmfj1oYgtiMatR8tPhyQSYNHgu27M1YtqswmPvWeU7Y.jpg

heavyiron

Community Veteran
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Deuteronomy 30:15-19​

15 “See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil, 16 in that I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in His ways, and to keep His commandments, His statutes, and His judgments, that you may live and multiply; and the Lord your God will bless you in the land which you go to possess. 17 But if your heart turns away so that you do not hear, and are drawn away, and worship other gods and serve them, 18 I announce to you today that you shall surely perish; you shall not prolong your days in the land which you cross over the Jordan to go in and possess. 19 I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live;

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
2 Corinthians 4

3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.

tatertot

Jesus Christ is the Way, Truth, and Life
Reaction score
Havent been on in a while but figured I'd pop in to remind everyone that Jesus saves and forgives all sins, God is sovereign and holy, and we were created to glorify Him and enjoy Him forever!

Soli Deo Gloria

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The whole house has been down sick with "something". Horrible memorial day weekend. And the sickness continues.

Jeremiah 17:14
Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed;
Save me, and I shall be saved,
For You are my praise.

HFO3

NO LIMITS.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The whole house has been down sick with "something". Horrible memorial day weekend. And the sickness continues.

For You are my praise.
3 John 1:2 “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.”

j2048b

Registered Member
Reaction score

For You are my praise.

Yup kids are bringing it home as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tatertot

Reaction score
(the true meaning of the rainbow)

Genesis 9:8-17

...I establish my covenant with you, that never again shall all flesh be cut off by the waters of the flood, and never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth.” 12 And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations: 13 I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth...

(edit, link for more information on the Noahic covenant: https://www.ligonier.org/learn/devotionals/noahic-covenant-1670)

june.jpg

E.J.D

Registered Member
Reaction score

Hebrews 10:30-31 NKJV​

For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. And again, “The LORD will judge His people.” It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Hebrews 9:28
28 so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.

GYMnTONIC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is this accurate, anyone?

Revelation 13, the second beast that exercises the power of the first beast is the USA. The day is coming when it will force the political/religious power of the first beast upon the world. The first beast is the same power as the “little horn” in Daniel

heavyiron

Community Veteran
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Revelation 13, the second beast that exercises the power of the first beast is the USA. The day is coming when it will force the political/religious power of the first beast upon the world. The first beast is the same power as the “little horn” in Daniel
Highly unlikely. The USA is not mentioned is scripture.

JD70

Registered Member
Reaction score

There's a lot of symbolism in Revelation which is apocryphal literature. Lots of interpretation. I say we just keep our eyes out for these events and be ready

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Milford King

Twat Waffle Inspector
Registered Member
Reaction score
I think the west is definitely involved but not under the authority of the nation of “America”…

The pope is involved. World authority organization such as WHO and NATO are involved.

Rome is involved.

But I digress… it’s all speculation.. as we were told we will not know until it’s here.. which is why it’s important to be ready. Seek the redeemer. Seek the redeemer every day.

tatertot

Reaction score

I'mma throw out a slightly different approach than most and say that the beast in Rev 13 is a simply a combining of the four beasts spoken of in Daniel 7 (Babylonian, Medo-Persian, Greek, and Roman empires). It could be argued this beast has been around since the Church in John's day.

"By combining the features of Daniel’s four beasts, this beast from the sea exists as an escalated threat to believers. He is the epitome of evil governments who attempt to destroy the church by killing its members or by getting professing believers to deny Christ through idolatrous worship. In fact, Revelation 13:4 indicates that many people worship the beast from the sea."

"We must not forget that the spirit of antichrist is already in the world (2 John 7). Indeed, many antichrists will attempt to destroy God’s people (1 John 2:18). Every false teacher and persecutor of the church follows the spirit of antichrist."

https://www.ligonier.org/learn/devotionals/the-beast-from-the-sea

heavyiron

Community Veteran
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Roughly 1,000 years before Christ was crucified, David wrote Psalm 22. Christ quoted the first verse as he was dying on the cross after a brutal torture. Jesus was giving us a clue and He was authenticating that He was in fact the Christ.

My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?
Why are You so far from helping Me,
And from the words of My groaning?
2 O My God, I cry in the daytime, but You do not hear;
And in the night season, and am not silent.
3 But You are holy,
Enthroned in the praises of Israel.
4 Our fathers trusted in You;
They trusted, and You delivered them.
5 They cried to You, and were delivered;
They trusted in You, and were not ashamed.
6 But I am a worm, and no man;
A reproach of men, and despised by the people.
7 All those who see Me ridicule Me;
They shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,
8 “He [c]trusted in the Lord, let Him rescue Him;
Let Him deliver Him, since He delights in Him!”
9 But You are He who took Me out of the womb;
You made Me trust while on My mother’s breasts.
10 I was cast upon You from birth.
From My mother’s womb
You have been My God.
11 Be not far from Me,
For trouble is near;
For there is none to help.
12 Many bulls have surrounded Me;
Strong bulls of Bashan have encircled Me.
13 They [d]gape at Me with their mouths,
Like a raging and roaring lion.
14 I am poured out like water,
And all My bones are out of joint;
My heart is like wax;
It has melted [e]within Me.
15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd,
And My tongue clings to My jaws;
You have brought Me to the dust of death.
16 For dogs have surrounded Me;
The congregation of the wicked has enclosed Me.
They[f] pierced My hands and My feet;
17 I can count all My bones.
They look and stare at Me.
18 They divide My garments among them,
And for My clothing they cast lots.
19 But You, O Lord, do not be far from Me;
O My Strength, hasten to help Me!
20 Deliver Me from the sword,
My[g] precious life from the power of the dog.
21 Save Me from the lion’s mouth
And from the horns of the wild oxen!
You have answered Me.
22 I will declare Your name to My brethren;
In the midst of the assembly I will praise You.
23 You who fear the Lord, praise Him!
All you [h]descendants of Jacob, glorify Him,
And fear Him, all you offspring of Israel!
24 For He has not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted;
Nor has He hidden His face from Him;
But when He cried to Him, He heard.
25 My praise shall be of You in the great assembly;
I will pay My vows before those who fear Him.
26 The poor shall eat and be satisfied;
Those who seek Him will praise the Lord.
Let your heart live forever!
27 All the ends of the world
Shall remember and turn to the Lord,
And all the families of the nations
Shall worship before [j]You.
28 For the kingdom is the Lord’s,
And He rules over the nations.
29 All the prosperous of the earth
Shall eat and worship;
All those who go down to [k]the dust
Shall bow before Him,
Even he who cannot keep himself alive.
30 A posterity shall serve Him.
It will be recounted of the Lord to the next generation,
31 They will come and declare His righteousness to a people who will be born,
That He has done this.

Footnotes
Psalm 22:1 Heb. Aijeleth Hashahar
Psalm 22:7 Show contempt with their mouth
Psalm 22:8 LXX, Syr., Vg. hoped; Tg. praised
Psalm 22:13 Lit. have opened their mouths at Me
Psalm 22:14 Lit. in the midst of My bowels
Psalm 22:16 So with some Heb. mss., LXX, Syr., Vg.; MT Like a lion instead of They pierced
Psalm 22:20 Lit. My only one
Psalm 22:23 Lit. seed
Psalm 22:27 Gentiles
Psalm 22:27 So with MT, LXX, Tg.; Arab., Syr., Vg. Him
Psalm 22:29 Death

heavyiron

Community Veteran
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm still camping out on Psalm 22

As I read through this psalm, written by David about a millennium before Jesus’ death and resurrection, I noticed the three or four verses that I believe many Christians would recognize immediately as prophesies of Christ. However, the more I read, the more I realized that the entire psalm references events related to Jesus’ death and resurrection!

GYMnTONIC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You guys have taught me alot. I genuinely thank you all.

The "interpretation" thing gets me. I feel like I see so many "interpretations" that seem solid but I am not sure which is correct.

I know in the beginning a few people thought or assumed I was being Naive or joking but I am not. I don't understand almost all of this but I want to

Any additional info is appreciated :)

GYMnTONIC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Off topic I love the story of David and Goliath.

Do you guys think that this description of the story is accurate? Is this a good source? Resource?