• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Beyond Use Date - Compound Pharmacy T-Cyp

LilDude_41

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So, newb question here.

I was given an unused 10ml vial of Test Cyp 200mg / Anastrazole 1mg by a guy who stopped his TRT treatment and had a month supply that he never started. Never opened, just stored in the back of a medicine cabinet for the past year. The 'Use By' date marked on the label from the compounding pharmacy is Nov 2021, so about 6 months past the expiry date.

I'm not sure what the oil base is, or anything other than what's on the label really. I know it's from a real pharmacy, but beyond that nothing.

Question is on shelf stability : I've read varying accounts on whether or not the 'Use By' dates on testosterone oils are relevant or not. I'm probably not going to use particular vial in any event, since it includes anastrazole and I don't want to take any AI unless I need to .... but I'm curious if it's worth holding on to in case I decide that Cyp + Anastrazole is a good fit for me?

wesley_swolle

Large Member 🍆
Registered Member
Reaction score
Using gear past the expiration is perfectly fine. I never personally have, but there are many on this forum that have used gear 'years' past the expiration date and have lived to tell about it.
As for a test/anastrozole blend, that would be a hard pass for me.

LilDude_41

Registered Member
Reaction score
Using gear past the expiration is perfectly fine. I never personally have, but there are many on this forum that have used gear 'years' past the expiration date and have lived to tell about it.
As for a test/anastrozole blend, that would be a hard pass for me.
Yeah the fact that it has the anastrozole in it is a negative for me, since I don't even know yet if I need AI - and 1mg is (from what I've read) a massive dose. I guess I'm just curious if it's worth holding on to in case I need it, or if it's just junk. Sounds like the expiration is less of a concern than the mix containing a (probably) unnecessary AI.

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is actually pretty acceptable for trt (obviously). Even with the AI included. That's 200mg test cyp per week and only 1mg of azole. That's not likely going to crash your estro and you probably won't even notice it. But that's just me. And the expiration is not a big deal at all.

BBruce

Registered Member
Reaction score
I would use it, it’s a weird blend but it should work fine.

LilDude_41

Registered Member
Reaction score
Based on pretty much unanimous feedback, I'll hold on to it. Thanks everyone for your thoughts!

I'll follow up if I decide to actually use it.

j2048b

Registered Member
Reaction score
I have 5-7 visls of test cyp from 2007 ish still sitting in a cupboard from my trt company not sure if they are still good hahah, but pharmacy grade fo sho, i might have to see if they are good or not or get the contents tested

LilDude_41

Registered Member
Reaction score
I have 5-7 visls of test cyp from 2007 ish still sitting in a cupboard from my trt company not sure if they are still good hahah, but pharmacy grade fo sho, i might have to see if they are good or not or get the contents tested
Not a chemist, but that is an interesting thought.... it hadn't occurred to me to get it tested, or test it myself. Do they have test strips or something? Or is it a needs a lab sort of thing?

Probably not worth sending off to a lab for just one vial, but if someone sells purity test kits or something that might be good to know. So many different varieties of T though, I imagine it's probably not so simple.

GYMnTONIC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Most of drug expiration dates information is from the study conducted by the Food and Drug Administration at the request of the military. With a large and expensive stockpile of drugs, the military faced tossing out and replacing its drugs every few years. What they found from the study is 90% of more than 100 drugs, both prescription and over-the-counter, were perfectly good to use even 15 years after the expiration date.

NY_Angie

Registered Member
Reaction score
Most of drug expiration dates information is from the study conducted by the Food and Drug Administration at the request of the military. With a large and expensive stockpile of drugs, the military faced tossing out and replacing its drugs every few years. What they found from the study is 90% of more than 100 drugs, both prescription and over-the-counter, were perfectly good to use even 15 years after the expiration date.

So those legit amps of bayer primo from 2009 are good to go?