• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Baby Formula Issue

ldog

Pain is Pleasure
Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Guys,

What’s this all about?

I also read where there is an abundance of baby formula at the border for illegal immigrants?

Please enlighten me.

L

Milford King

Twat Waffle Inspector
Registered Member
Reaction score
The American government is corrupt

GYMnTONIC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
At the White House press conference today, the Press Secretary mistakenly said that our formulas were tainted and killed two infants. The deaths of these infants are a tragedy. 🧵 [1/11]

• The facts, however, are critical: A comprehensive investigation by Abbott, FDA and CDC found no evidence that our formulas caused infant illnesses. Specifically… [2/11]
  • CDC concluded its investigation with no findings of a link between our formulas and infant illnesses.
  • We conduct microbiological testing on products prior to distribution and no Abbott formula distributed to consumers tested positive for Cronobacter or Salmonella. [3/11]
  • All retained product tested by Abbott and the FDA during the inspection of the facility came back negative for Cronobacter and/or Salmonella. No Salmonella was found at the Sturgis facility. [4/11]
    The Cronobacter sakazakii that was found in environmental testing during the investigation was in non-product contact areas of the facility and has not been linked to any known infant illness. [5/11]
    Genetic sequencing on the two available samples from ill infants did not match strains of Cronobacter in our plant. Samples from ill infants did not match each other, meaning there was no connection between the two cases. [6/11]
    In all four cases, the state, FDA, and/or CDC tested samples of the Abbott formula that was used by the child. In all four cases, all unopened containers tested negative. [7/11]The formula from this plant did not cause these infant illnesses. [11/11]
    Source:
    threadreaderapp.com/thread/1525191088159477760.html

Oldman85

Registered Member
Reaction score
Combination of the Abbott shutdown and panic buying on the part of the public.

I know a family that the child can ONLY use formula and they panic bought way more than they’ll ever need. But if faced with you child starving or not, would most people act any differently?

Not that dissimilar from the toilet paper debacle of yore.

And to the point of the formula in the border, if the US Govt detains a baby, the US Govt bears the responsibility of feeding said baby. I can’t say if that is having an impact but we can’t detain and starve kids. Fact.

ldog

Pain is Pleasure
Board Rep
Reaction score
Combination of the Abbott shutdown and panic buying on the part of the public.

I know a family that the child can ONLY use formula and they panic bought way more than they’ll ever need. But if faced with you child starving or not, would most people act any differently?

Not that dissimilar from the toilet paper debacle of yore.

And to the point of the formula in the border, if the US Govt detains a baby, the US Govt bears the responsibility of feeding said baby. I can’t say if that is having an impact but we can’t detain and starve kids. Fact.
Good info

SiliconeSack

Registered Member
Reaction score
Its sad. I know when my daughter was born, my wife stopped producing milk fairly quickly like a few months if I remember right. Id be losing my shit right now if I still needed it. But hey Ukraine can get 800 million.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seattlesbest

Registered Member
Reaction score
My new born has been shittying his brains out. Can't find he's normal formula anywhere. I mean wtf, this is America right?

Seems like I'm living in papa new guineas somewhere in the fucking words.

Dano22

Registered Member
Reaction score
My babygirl has to take a special amino formula . She is allergic to dairy. Stuff is extremely expensive to begin with but now things are a tad more difficult to say the least . Hopefully this nonsense will end, I’ve seen mom meltdown videos not being able to find their formula, painful to watch.

ldog

Pain is Pleasure
Board Rep
Reaction score
My new born has been shittying his brains out. Can't find he's normal formula anywhere. I mean wtf, this is America right?

Seems like I'm living in papa new guineas somewhere in the fucking words.
Yo Seattle...kinda hard to make out the sentences...you ok?

Seattlesbest

Registered Member
Reaction score
Yo Seattle...kinda hard to make out the sentences...you ok?
Lol, ya. Good old talk to text. I'm saying it's like we are living in a 3rd world country. Hard to find baby formula is just stupid

ldog

Pain is Pleasure
Board Rep
Reaction score
Lol, ya. Good old talk to text. I'm saying it's like we are living in a 3rd world country. Hard to find baby formula is just stupid
Copy that...I didn't know you had a young one.

Onidus

Grape Ape
Registered Member
Reaction score
I feel bad for the parents that have to go through this bs 😕

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm just throwing this out there. Do your own research and come to your own conclusions. For those without the fortune of growing up on a farm and living the rural lifestyle....pretty much EVERY animal can be raised on goat's milk. Little surprise that many homemade recipes of infant formula call for exactly that:

As a heads up for new parents, karo syrup is made a little bit differently today than it was back then. The main goal back then was to get your kid to pooping with it--so I'm dubious about the recipes that straight out call for karo if your child is already pooping ok. But...since the new karo is missing those key pooping ingredients, maybe it is "ok"? Again, I recommend doing your own research. And again, every animal that didn't have a mother, got goat's milk and lived just fine. Using this as a "supplement" if you're in a bind and not for every single bottle, would probably work just fine and you'd never know the difference.

Also, by the time our third child came along, all the "you have to do this" and "never ever do that" went straight out the window. That third kid got mashed taters and gravy at a month old and was perfectly fine. Just make sure everything is soft puree and no choking hazards.

5bd40b78ccc640dae48194fcff46e7ed.gif

GYMnTONIC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can make your own guys. Buy some pepto pro protein and blend it in with rice cereal or oats if they are not allergic to it.

Pepto Pro is predigested aka hydrolized proteins, so even if your kids are on Nutramagen or Allimemtum or one of the very special hard to get formulas for kids with severe allergies. This can work.

I had to make my own for my daughter when she was little because we were going through hundreds of dollars of Nutramagen per month bc she was an allergy baby.