• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Aspiration - YES or NO?

veniceboy

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
hey guys

lets discuss this topic: Aspiration - Yes or No?

Some say yes, some say no... do u aspirate?

Since i inject the gear in my delts i find it hard to aspirate by myself, so sometimes i dont aspirate. when my girlfriend's doing my injection, she aspirates every time cause she's paranoid... lol

i'm working at a doctor's office and we learned to aspirate every time... but when a doc himself is doing an injection he will NEVER aspirate...

It's one of those "why wouldn't you" kind of things. Plenty of guys don't, but if it takes just 2 seconds for the slight chance of avoiding a problem, it seems like a no brainier to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed with the above post. Why risk it? Just do it and avoid the risk of not doing it and fing up :)

It's one of those "why wouldn't you" kind of things. Plenty of guys don't, but if it takes just 2 seconds for the slight chance of avoiding a problem, it seems like a no brainier to me.

This^^^

I don't. I did in the beginning, but quit, I mainly inject in my glutes and delts with no issues.

Used to, but have stopped for a long time. No need to spend more time jabbing your tissue fumbling to aspirate. I would like to think after so many successful pins without issue, it's not necessary (for me anyways)

I have always in the past, but I was just reading about this due to another discussion and they don't even teach it apparently.. so if the nurses and docs aren't doing it (in most cases) then why should we.

The article I did read, did say that it's really governed on the vaccine, the patients and the area as to whether or not aspiration is needed

IML Gear Cream!
honestly in some areas like glute and delts its difficult to aspirate. for me its hard to pull the plunger back when i can only work with one hand

Quads = yes.
glutes = no. I can't see wtf I'm doing anyway, so I'd never know if I found blood in the aspiration.

Quads = yes.
glutes = no. I can't see wtf I'm doing anyway, so I'd never know if I found blood in the aspiration.

Haha, I can see what your saying here. Yeah some of the less vascular areas I would feel perfectly safe no aspirating. Ex:glutes/ventro glutes, but with quads I would just never feel comfortable without it.

I never have and havent had an issue yet. Even when my doc gave me a trt shot with a damn turkey baster he didnt aspirate. One thing docs should learn is a 23 or larger gauge pin isnt needed!!

I do. Always have. I have no problem with the glutes. I got me sum Monkey fangers!(ask the wife)But I'm with sig. Better safe than sorry. Some will say they never had an issue... that's awesome For yall!
But even tho I'm not 100% guaranteed to not have issues doing it, my chances are slim to none by doing it.
Preventive maintenance. Lol

I always do. It literally takes like 2sec. A better question is why would you NOT do it?

Only when I pin quads.

shoot glutes and bury the 1.5" needle.

Attachments

• rolling_dice.jpg
    rolling_dice.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 28
Get Shredded!
I am of the camp that says aspirating is pointless for IM injections. You are never going to be flush in a vein from a perpendicular angle. As far as everyone asking "why WOULDN'T you?" Well, when you aspirate on yourself you almost always cause the needle to move a bit inside of you, and this leads to more scar tissue and PIP than is necessary.

I haven't aspirated in years.....

Right from the CDC concerning IM injection of vaccines......

“There are only two routinely recommended IM sites for administration of vaccines, the vastus lateralis muscle (anterolateral thigh) and the deltoid muscle (upper arm). Injection at these sites reduces the chance of involving neural or vascular structures. The site depends on the age of the individual and the degree of muscle development. Because there are no large blood vessels in the recommended sites, aspiration before injection of vaccines (i.e., pulling back on the syringe plunger after needle insertion but before injection) is not necessary…."

I did a little more research and also found there is no evidence that aspiration with or without blood return confirms proper needle placement or eliminates the possibility of an IM injection into a blood vessel.

I also noticed most of the posters that do aspirate say they do not aspirate when injecting in the glutes, and that is the one place where aspirating is still recommended because there are large blood vessels present.

This is interesting also...

http://www.nnpnetwork.org/Uploads/EBP aspiration poster 9 25 12 for iowa .pdf

Great info! Life just got easier. On the off chance you get nailed by the Golden BB and inject into a vein. Can 3cc's of oil and possibly a little air f__k you up?

Great info! Life just got easier. On the off chance you get nailed by the Golden BB and inject into a vein. Can 3cc's of oil and possibly a little air f__k you up?

Try it and report back to us,...............................................................if you survive.

I figure I'm doing more tissue damage aspirating than not aspirating.

I aspirate out of habit.. But to of vets have told me they never aspirated and they never had a problem

Eat. Lift. Sleep. Repeat.

i dont. i aways pin nice slow and let my body tell me something is wrong. haven't had a single issue yet. its really personal preference whichever you feel most comfortable with.

It really depends where you are shooting. Delt shots really don't need to be aspirated. Unfortunately (I know you don't want to hear this) but the glute does have a pretty delicate major vessel back there, so glute aspiration is usually recommended. But I have seen enough tren coughing fits to always tell people aspirate aspirate aspirate, but if it was me? 50/50 .. Think about an IM clinic: You wait in line, you walk in, they whip that shit out and prepare in a hasty 1.3 seconds, shove it in, plunge with one harsh push, rip it out, band-aid, BYE . Unless you are shooting into vital areas with compounds that CAUSE a negative reaction when getting into these places, I think it causes more harm moving it to aspirate than good.

It really depends where you are shooting. Delt shots really don't need to be aspirated.

i noticed when i'm doing it by myself (delt shot) and try to aspirate (which is difficult and uncomfortable with only one hand) the syringe always move a bit so the aspiration doesnt make sense right? when you have 2 hands to work (leg shot) you can do a proper aspiration without moving the syringe…

Back