• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Aspiration Experience

bigmnm2

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I started TRT at the beginning of the year and have seen conflicting information on aspirating before injection and just thought I would share my last injection experience as it help me see that aspiration is probably worth doing. First off it was a weird injection from start to finish, I think I had a dull needle from the factory as the first poke didn't even penetrate my glute it just dimpled the skin, so I pulled back and gave it a little more punch the second time and it went in. I have thought that aspirating was a waste of time but usually give a quick light pull back on the plunger then inject, this time it immediately filled with blood. So I removed the needle and not sure if I should but squirted most of the blood out and went ahead and did a third poke moving down in the glute which burned like someone stuck a match to my ass but aspirated and no blood so went ahead and completed the injection. So I know injecting in the vein wouldn't kill me but I think taking 2 seconds to aspirate and avoid discomfort and wasted product is well worth it.

For those who have had similar experience do you just inject the blood/oil mixture right back in as I did or do you start fresh? I assume since its my blood not much risk.

P_Labs

Sponsor
Board Rep
Reaction score
I started TRT at the beginning of the year and have seen conflicting information on aspirating before injection and just thought I would share my last injection experience as it help me see that aspiration is probably worth doing. First off it was a weird injection from start to finish, I think I had a dull needle from the factory as the first poke didn't even penetrate my glute it just dimpled the skin, so I pulled back and gave it a little more punch the second time and it went in. I have thought that aspirating was a waste of time but usually give a quick light pull back on the plunger then inject, this time it immediately filled with blood. So I removed the needle and not sure if I should but squirted most of the blood out and went ahead and did a third poke moving down in the glute which burned like someone stuck a match to my ass but aspirated and no blood so went ahead and completed the injection. So I know injecting in the vein wouldn't kill me but I think taking 2 seconds to aspirate and avoid discomfort and wasted product is well worth it.

For those who have had similar experience do you just inject the blood/oil mixture right back in as I did or do you start fresh? I assume since its my blood not much risk.
Start fresh.

Also, you can buy extra syringe tips for drawing out of the vial since the rubber seal dulls the tip. Then you can swap out to a fresh tip to inject with. This way you can avoid injecting with a dull needle.

Cheers,
-PL

bigmnm2

Registered Member
Reaction score
Start fresh.

Also, you can buy extra syringe tips for drawing out of the vial since the rubber seal dulls the tip. Then you can swap out to a fresh tip to inject with. This way you can avoid injecting with a dull needle.

Cheers,
-PL
Thanks for the advice on starting fresh. I do change from a drawing needle to an injection 25g needle and it usually slides in with almost no force but this time it was just a different experience.

Bigdaddyjak

Registered Member
Reaction score
I never have aspirated . I look at this way, wrong or right . Drug addicts shoot you everything under the sun and the put it right in a vein . If I happen to pass thru one on ocassion , I’ll b ok !

Durro

pct you must
Board Rep
Reaction score

No worries yes you can re inject the blood oil mix I’ve done it a few times glad I aspirate.

hot rod

Registered Member
Reaction score

Never have aspirated- not to say there's anything wrong w/ it. Too me it's just an unnecessary step that can cause u to move the syringe around too much, thus end up w/ pip. Just my take- but have done hundreds of pins w/ zero issues. Good luck bro!-HR

hot rod

Registered Member
Reaction score
Never have aspirated- not to say there's anything wrong w/ it. Too me it's just an unnecessary step that can cause u to move the syringe around too much, thus end up w/ pip. Just my take- but have done hundreds of pins w/ zero issues. Good luck bro!-HR
Meant to say I use BD syringes- have for over 30 years- the BEST imo

Ganjamon

Registered Member
Reaction score
I used to do it when I was a newbie. Then I realized I’ve never seen a doctor or nurse do it. So I stopped. The only people doing it were dope fiends and gear heads. 😊 No offense gear heads.

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Aspirating is smart. Breathing oil isn’t fun at all. 😀

POME

Results: During the 4.3-year period, 90,092 doses of intramuscular testosterone undecanoate were distributed via an Aveed Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy program to health-care professionals for patient treatment. Of 633 individual case safety reports in the Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc safety database, 28 spontaneously reported adverse events were classified as POME, for a yearly spontaneously reported adverse event per-injection rate of <0.1%. Most (21/22) events resolved, and of those with a resolution time reported, most (13/17) resolved in ≤30 minutes. More than 60% (13/21) of patients required no medical intervention (ie, the POME event resolved spontaneously). One fatality was reported 18 months after a documented POME event and appeared unrelated to the reported testosterone undecanoate injection or subsequent injections after the POME event. In 3 out of 4 POME cases with symptoms serious enough to require an emergency room visit, issues with injection technique or dosing were identified as a potential contributing factor.

JJB1

Board Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score
I never have aspirated . I look at this way, wrong or right . Drug addicts shoot you everything under the sun and the put it right in a vein . If I happen to pass thru one on ocassion , I’ll b ok !
Drug addicts are injecting drugs diluted with water, not oil. I’ve gotten oil in my blood stream, a tiny bit. It makes it harder to breathe and less energy, which sucks if you workout after the shot. I never aspirate now because I do daily injects with a 1/2 inch insulin pin and I can visibly see surface veins. When I did 1 1/2 inch deep shots I had the syringe full with blood at least a dozen times over 20 years so why not pull back and check? It only takes a second. I really like the daily insulin pin shot though. I do all fast esters. I like the kick of acetate, propionate, and phenyl propionate. I’ve never been in a vein when injecting 1/2 inch deep.

bigmnm2

Registered Member
Reaction score
Drug addicts are injecting drugs diluted with water, not oil. I’ve gotten oil in my blood stream, a tiny bit. It makes it harder to breathe and less energy, which sucks if you workout after the shot. I never aspirate now because I do daily injects with a 1/2 inch insulin pin and I can visibly see surface veins. When I did 1 1/2 inch deep shots I had the syringe full with blood at least a dozen times over 20 years so why not pull back and check? It only takes a second. I really like the daily insulin pin shot though. I do all fast esters. I like the kick of acetate, propionate, and phenyl propionate. I’ve never been in a vein when injecting 1/2 inch deep.
Is the 1/2 inch insulin pin long enough for IM or is it Subq? I have seen others on here talk about using a shorter insulin needle but thought it had to be at least an inch for IM shots.

JJB1

Board Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score
Is the 1/2 inch insulin pin long enough for IM or is it Subq? I have seen others on here talk about using a shorter insulin needle but thought it had to be at least an inch for IM shots.
I only do intramuscular shots. My body fat is very low so it’s not an issue. It doesn’t have to go deep in the muscle to be effective.

hot rod

Registered Member
Reaction score

Yeah guys- don't get me wrong. All I do is share my experience. I actually used to be an intravenous drug user- so I do have experience w/ aspirating. ( something I'm not very proud of). But I've never lied too anyone on here about anything and I'm not gonna start now. And if u guys think aspirating is safer- by all means aspirate. IM NOT gonna aspirate. I've done hundreds- shit maybe thousands of injections of oil and not once had a single infection or any other problem w/ hitting a vein. (I have had tren cough before- not sure if that's from it going in a vein or not) And I'm not a doctor either- I have had MANY discussions about injections w/ many different doctors and nurses. Some say u should- some say u don't need too. To each his own- do it, don't do it. My experience says u don't need too. I'm not advising anyone whether to do it or not. Happy injecting!-HR

BigDaddySavage

Registered Member
Reaction score

Good advice on buying needles to draw with to keep the needle for pining sharp. Always aspirate unless doing delt shots! I aspirated on quad shots on two occasions, got no blood and went in. Somehow got oil in my bloodstream and on those two particular occasions it was 15 minutes of misery.

latteguy73

Registered Member
Reaction score

I only had that happened twice, both times I'd just pull out and move to a different spot, re-aspirate and inject without changing out needles. Keep in mind, I do re-inject in the the area where I've already disinfected with alcohol. The whole process took like than 10 seconds.

BigDaddySavage

Registered Member
Reaction score
I use an18 ga for drawing and a 25 ga for pinning. I just figured everyone did that? You can get them 100 at a time for $15
I do the exact same. I will say the 25g are way more comfortable than 22 and I bleed less, but it takes longer for sure. 🤣

bigrobbie

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!

I don't aspirate personally, at least anymore.

tommygunz

Registered Member
Reaction score
Aspiration is for when you’re intentionally seeking a vein. Injecting 90° into a muscle almost never finds a vein. That’s not to say I haven’t had tren cough a time or two, but I survived.

Sponx

Registered Member
Reaction score
Personally, I have never aspirated. Have pinned in glute, delt, and lat for 5+ years without a problem.
Not to say aspirating is a bad practice; however, never saw nurses do it, never had my gear friends do it, and just followed what I knew by example.

GYMnTONIC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Personally, I have never aspirated. Have pinned in glute, delt, and lat for 5+ years without a problem.
Not to say aspirating is a bad practice; however, never saw nurses do it, never had my gear friends do it, and just followed what I knew by example.
Aspirating is no longer practiced "medically"

I would only aspirate if you are hitting a high risk area like biceps or calves, etc. Never a major or larger muscle group :)

Canebrake

Registered Member
Reaction score
Been doing gear and trt for over 10 years. Never aspirated once