• ✋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 📢 Check Out IronMag Labs® ANDRO HARD- Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 📢

ASHWAGANDHA - who is using this, and is this a serious cortisol reducer? Feedback pls

nightwing

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Like the the title says, is this just a passing supplement, one of 20 more I "should" be taking? @Fletcher you have any background? I really want to prioritize the right supplements, not take 1500 dollars of filler pills a month in the hopes I get .1% out of it. I still stand that Vitamin D3 K2 and Fish Oil are probably the most solid in my stack along with a decent multivitiamin that covers zinc, magneseum, and some other micronutrients.

On a passing note, with the weeks of dieting, walking through town passed one of these Middle Eastern Skin Care places where they try to drag you in for a treatment, fella asked me, "Do you do skincare?", I immediately wanted to reply "Do you want to keep your teeth?" I'm a wee lil short tempered might be one of the three compounds that rymes with clen giving me that short fuse. :)

Ashwaghanda is great.

they dont tell you that when you start gear the supporting supps are more expensive then the actual gear.

Ashwaghanda was a life saver for me for about 1.5 years. It definitely reduces cortisol. I personally benefited from the Sensoril version, not KSM.

I stopped taking though when my life became less stressful, did not need it anymore.

I've used Ashwaghanda, seemed to help with stress a bit. I ran out a few months ago and haven't ordered more.

Trying to minimize my supplements, working with a dietician to see what we can come up with as far as what I can and/or am getting from food.

Like the the title says, is this just a passing supplement, one of 20 more I "should" be taking? @Fletcher you have any background? I really want to prioritize the right supplements, not take 1500 dollars of filler pills a month in the hopes I get .1% out of it. I still stand that Vitamin D3 K2 and Fish Oil are probably the most solid in my stack along with a decent multivitiamin that covers zinc, magneseum, and some other micronutrients.

On a passing note, with the weeks of dieting, walking through town passed one of these Middle Eastern Skin Care places where they try to drag you in for a treatment, fella asked me, "Do you do skincare?", I immediately wanted to reply "Do you want to keep your teeth?" I'm a wee lil short tempered might be one of the three compounds that rymes with clen giving me that short fuse. :)
Never tried it brother. 🤷
The big thing with any supplement is the QUALITY of whatever it is. There are great things like vitamin D etc... but so many versions are junk.

I used to take it but discontinued it a few months back. I'll be getting more next weekend. I felt good on Ash. little to no stress. better energy levels compared to when I'm not on ash. It helps me with my sleep as well. I could have the worst day of my life and sleep peacefully. That's the most noticeable effect of ash for me

I literally started taking Ashwagandha before it became mainstream back in 2015. It was amazing, focus, sense of well-being, no short attention span due to my ADHD. (Little did I know, I just needed a physically intense hobby like jiu-jitsu.) Now? When I even take 300mg or 600mg, I feel jittery, lack the ability to focus and for whatever reason.. feel a slight bit depressed. It was definitely helpful for working out in the beginning though, exercise can hit those adrenals heavy. Possibly due to CNS beatdown?

Nonetheless sir.. It's a useful supplement, just be cognizant of how you FEEL, and how you REACT to it in the first week or two. Best brand is ORGANIC INDIA.

Can tell a difference in sleep and stress levels when I stop taking it. I like to alternate between Ashwaganda and Phosphatidylserine

The new pre-workout I got this week, has it in it. One of the better pre workouts I have had in a while. The quality of the ashwaghanda, is probably debatable. I have never taken it by its self, may give it a try.

Actually a lot of double blind studies on it with positive results.

A 225-400mg dose reduces cortisol roughly 15-20%
Slight increases in cognitive functions and CNS activity/recovery
Mood is hit or miss and hard to evaluate considering everyone's stress level is vastly different.

Nice mix !!

I use ashwaganda, gaba, and 5-htp and a dash of red kratom at night for sleep..

It works for that but I think it’s bad to mix them all …. Makes my tummy hurt.

I use ashwaganda, gaba, and 5-htp and a dash of red kratom at night for sleep..

It works for that but I think it’s bad to mix them all …. Makes my tummy hurt.
gaba as in gabapentin? if kratom shows up in any drug tests I'd have to steer clear, but I've been dealing with a fuckton of stress past few months and looking for ways to sleep better. Last night I used my CPAP and it actually stayed on for about 5 hours - best sleep I've had in months.

thanks for the feedback fellas I have some, probably of dubious quality but will check out some of the vendors mentioned.

I started using it 20 years ago to deal with stress form working graveyard shifts and switching my sleep schedule a couple times a week. so did others i worked with. Haven't taken it much recently as stress is lower. But i don't see it combating the negative effects of large doses of hormones.

gaba as in gabapentin? if kratom shows up in any drug tests I'd have to steer clear, but I've been dealing with a fuckton of stress past few months and looking for ways to sleep better. Last night I used my CPAP and it actually stayed on for about 5 hours - best sleep I've had in months.
It’s the gaba you can buy in the vitamin section at wal mart. I think it’s related to gabapentin though.

Back