• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Anyone else hate drinking plain water?!?

PositiveVibes

Keep it simple stupid
Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Anyone else hate drinking plain ol' water?? I used to never drink water because it was bland and boring with no flavor. A little while ago I came across Mio flavoring (picture attached). They have little to no nutritional value but also seem to have little to no negative values either. Since discovering these I now drink water all day long. Just figured I'd pass this on incase there are others like me that hate drinking plain ol' boring water.

Attachments

• 20220504_200627.jpg
    20220504_200627.jpg
    961.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220504_200633.jpg
    20220504_200633.jpg
    833 KB · Views: 17

Dogs_of_War

Reaction score
I eventually just got used to it. I did hate it at first though. I’ll drink one sprite a day to treat myself.

JJB1

Board Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score
I drink 2 gallons of water a day. Best thing ever! But the humidity where I live gets as low as 5% so even with 2 gallons a day I’m sipping all throughout the night because my mouth gets so dry.

MindlessWork

Registered Member
Reaction score
I add a packet of Hawaiian Punch Fruit Juicy Red to the bottle of water...pure bliss!

HFO3

NO LIMITS.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
hate water? wtf. no man you are made of water, drop that mental block and repeat after me “I love drinking my water” "I wake up and slam a bottle of water" "water is allI drink cause I grow from water” “ my pumps are bigger from water” , "I despise everything else but water” "Only bitches complain about drinking water"

Registered Member
Reaction score
Besides a cup of coffee in the am, water is all I drink. I do add electrolytes before/during training.

BBruce

Registered Member
Reaction score
Nope, love water and rather drink water than anything else.

Reactions: 220

Rot-Iron66

Registered Member
Reaction score
I don't drink enough, I get cramps, etc. I have a large one in the AM at the gym with some EAA's and Creatine in it.
Then spotty throughout the day after that. Trying to drink more. Yes, plain water kinda sucks.
Been doing two cans of Perrier a day with my pills/supps as its easier w/ carbonation, and maybe I'm getting a few minerals along with it.

Augustine5I

Carpet-Chewer
Registered Member
Reaction score
I only drink water.

However, I am rarely thirsty. Strange right?

My whole life I have to remind myself to drink water.

I have met other ppl who feel the same way.

Idk.

Anyone else like this??

CoachCabo

Registered Member
Reaction score
This just goes back to my belief that everyone seems to live in some strange mindsetted world where they think everything they do needs to be gratifying in some way.
People think they must be pain free, must be happy all the time and never sad or depressed, their skin must look like it did as an infant, they have to be comfortable all the time (see house temp thread).
Food seems to be no different. Not every fucking meal needs to be some white-eyed rollback orgasmic experience. ESPECIALLY in the bodybuilding game. Not just competitive bodybuilding but the iron/nutrition/self improvement game as a whole.
One of the challenges of coaching folks is convincing them of this after a lifetime of short term gratification through stuffing shit foods into their mouths.

Water is no different. An absolute ESSENTIAL element of life yet people have a problem drinking “plain“water. I guess some have never been deprived of water when their bodies were screaming for it. A tall glass of awesome, clean water when you are thirsty is sufficiently satiating to me as any chemical soup aka soft drink.
If Mio helps someone develop the HABIT of drinking water, I’m all for it AS A TOOL. Perhaps dropping the concentration over time to train yourself to love water the way you should.
As mentioned, YOU create a mental block and only YOU can overcome it. No different than (for me) hating back day and going in and half-assing a workout.
Always seems to go back to an epiphany I had in boot camp; hate it all you want but it ain’t going away. To use the old Navy phrase “You don’t have to like it. You just have to do it.”

Let me finish by telling a little story. I was on deployment in 2006-07 and we had a guy named (sounds like) Para-shawn. He was a scrawny, sickly looking thing that got kicked out of the Navy for being a drunk, which used to be hard to do. Not eligible for re-enlistment BUT being hard up at that time, they called him back in. He was known as “Smeagol” to give you a better picture of what looked like.
We had endless supply of soda in our compound and as such, he drank a six pack before noon each and every day. I never saw him drink water and it was over 125f some days. We had water on pallets in stations every 50 meters or so EVERYWHERE. Still people dropped from dehydration.
One day I saw Smeagol pull out both sets of choppers to rinse them. I asked how old he was. His response was “Older than you bitch!” Hmmmm, ignoring his insubordination, I answered that I was 45. Turns out he was 38. Because I was into working out and health, he assume my civilian occupation was a trainer at Bally’s. Lol!
This forever stays in my mind the disparity in lifestyles, geographic concepts and application of aging and to almost NEVER drink sodas.

I still enjoy this new Pepsi Black from time to time as I also eat a donuts sometimes. But I understand not everything I eat or drink needs to be satisfying to my taste buds. Just being satifying to my body and health is enough.

PositiveVibes

Keep it simple stupid
Registered Member
Reaction score
Water with lemon juice.
Dumping chems, dyes & preservatives (they stop biological functions at the cellular level) into your water is not advisable.
You learn something new everyday, I did not know dyes stop biological functions at cellular levels.

To clear up my op, I have always drank water but never as much as I do now with some flavor added to it. I will definitely take your responses and use them as a lesson, ignoring the shit talk to which I find no value in, and I will cut out the dyes/chemicals out as I've now learned are no good. I will try the lemon juice or electrolytes as stated in reply above. If I'm drinking a shit ton of water I'd like to try and enjoy it as much as possible.

Posmx

Registered Member
Reaction score
Crystal light tea packets is my go-to. Only way I can convince myself to drink as much as I need.

Sponx

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Honestly, I do have to force myself to drink 'plain water' on occasion.
However, to help me get all the hydration possible through the day (and to favor my taste buds) I do add some Mio Electrolytes/Vitamins.
Sometimes will also add some EAA's or BCAA's in there, as well.

Durro

pct you must
Board Rep
Reaction score
It’s harder for me to drink water in the in cold weather in winter but when summer and warm weather comes around no problem.