• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

A rookie over 70

Skip Foursome

Gym Derelict
Registered Member
Reaction score
I am 64 and my endocrinologist has me at 200mg and 1,000ui test and HCG.

50mg a week of test is really low.

And for the record 500mg a week of test when blasting is still a good number for this age group.

I only say this because I think you are shorting yourself of something better.

SF22

Registered Member
Reaction score
It seems to have a lower side-effect profile than TRT, but why do you personally recommend it? I read on another thread that a fairly standard dose is 500 IUs per week. What results could I expect from 500 IUs? IM or subcutaneous?

Thanks.

Clomid has harsh sides for a lot of people. Also, there is the chance for ocular damage. HCG does "essentially" the same thing you're trying to accomplish but is generally tolerated better.

500IU is a good starting dose. I'd personally split it up into 2 shots of 250IU.

IM or Sub-Q, doesn't really matter.

Ghost Dog

Registered Member
Reaction score
Clomid has harsh sides for a lot of people. Also, there is the chance for ocular damage. HCG does "essentially" the same thing you're trying to accomplish but is generally tolerated better.

500IU is a good starting dose. I'd personally split it up into 2 shots of 250IU.

IM or Sub-Q, doesn't really matter.

Thanks, buddy. Much appreciated.

Ghost Dog

Registered Member
Reaction score
I am 64 and my endocrinologist has me at 200mg and 1,000ui test and HCG.

50mg a week of test is really low.

And for the record 500mg a week of test when blasting is still a good number for this age group.

I only say this because I think you are shorting yourself of something better.

I know that 50 mg is low, but higher doses cause my blood pressure to rise, from a healthy 110/70 to an alarming 140/85, which in turn causes or aggravates other serious problems, such as kidney disease. I'm glad that you're still going at 64 and that your body can tolerate the prescribed doses. If I could, I would.

Skip Foursome

Gym Derelict
Registered Member
Reaction score
Have you tried 100mg of test per week? Even then if your BP goes up take the medication to keep BP where it needs to be? There is cheap generic BP medication out there that is very effective without side effects.

I know when I got to 218 pounds lean that was it for me and I had to take BP medication to keep in check. About four years ago I decided to lean down to 205 and I came off BP medication.

I know as we get older our cardiovascular system is not as playable and causes these BP issues.

Not trying to talk you into anything, just some random thoughts.

Bft84

Registered Member
Reaction score
Drop the clomid it’s doing nothing but adding possible side effects.

Bft84

Registered Member
Reaction score
I know that 50 mg is low, but higher doses cause my blood pressure to rise, from a healthy 110/70 to an alarming 140/85, which in turn causes or aggravates other serious problems, such as kidney disease. I'm glad that you're still going at 64 and that your body can tolerate the prescribed doses. If I could, I would.
Have you tried 10mg Ed sub q?
Emeric a very knowledgeable guy who has been in this game for a long time uses and advises people to do that.
How is your diet? Are you doing cardio? Taking health supplements?

Ghost Dog

Registered Member
Reaction score
Have you tried 10mg Ed sub q?
Emeric a very knowledgeable guy who has been in this game for a long time uses and advises people to do that.
How is your diet? Are you doing cardio? Taking health supplements?

What is Ed? Regardless, 10 mg sub-q may be a good way to go. I don't know. I appreciate any and all suggestions.

Yes, my diet is good. I follow the Mediterranean diet, one of the best, and avoid the three items on my blacklist--sodium, alcohol, and caffeine, all of which will spike my BP. To keep the BP under control, I take lisinopril and amlodipine. This morning, it was 109/69.

My cardio is good. I love high-speed intervals and specialize in the 100-meter dash. My diet and fitness have helped me through a couple of health setbacks, which tend to be more frequent and serious as the years pile on. I'm 74 now. But just because I'm older. it doesn't mean that girls are less attractive.

Bft84

Registered Member
Reaction score
What is Ed? Regardless, 10 mg sub-q may be a good way to go. I don't know. I appreciate any and all suggestions.

Yes, my diet is good. I follow the Mediterranean diet, one of the best, and avoid the three items on my blacklist--sodium, alcohol, and caffeine, all of which will spike my BP. To keep the BP under control, I take lisinopril and amlodipine. This morning, it was 109/69.

My cardio is good. I love high-speed intervals and specialize in the 100-meter dash. My diet and fitness have helped me through a couple of health setbacks, which tend to be more frequent and serious as the years pile on. I'm 74 now. But just because I'm older. it doesn't mean that girls are less attractive.
It’s everyday. So with an insulin needle do just 10mg a day sub q.
It’d be only 70mg a week but more than what you’re doing now.
The thing with injection frequency is it leads to more stable levels and less sides.
I like the Mediterranean diet a lot.

Glycomann

Registered Member
Reaction score
Before arriving at this clomid/50 mg regimen, I read any number of papers on PubMed, my go-to source for all things medical. Some of the data are inconclusive and some are contradictory, but on the whole what I have learned there is of very high value. I'm not looking to get jacked. I'd be happy to stay where I am for another 5-10 years, if that is possible. I'd like to load up with a higher dose of test, but I know from experience that 150 mg would increase my blood pressure. Hence, I am supplementing the low-dose T with clomid. This combination has had some success. Clomid alone has been known to double the amount of free T.

My natural test is about 300.
I would do blood work 6 and 12 weeks in to see where things stand. There are plenty of online services that you can use to order your own tests and just go to a Labcore or Quest nearby. you would aim for these te3sts plus and LH test to see if the Comid is working.
CBC with Differential/Platelet Count
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP 14)
Cortisol
Prostate-specific Antigen (PSA)
Testosterone, Total, (Males)
Thyroxine, T4, Free, Direct, Serum
TSH
Uric Acid
Triglycerides

Ghost Dog

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
It’s everyday. So with an insulin needle do just 10mg a day sub q.
It’d be only 70mg a week but more than what you’re doing now.
The thing with injection frequency is it leads to more stable levels and less sides.
I like the Mediterranean diet a lot.

I like this idea. A 10-mg sub-q with a Proviron enhancement could be a safe but effective combo. Thanks for the input.

Ghost Dog

Registered Member
Reaction score
Have you tried 100mg of test per week? Even then if your BP goes up take the medication to keep BP where it needs to be?

I don't think BP meds can be used like that, at least not in my case. As you point out, the cardiovascular system gets less resilient with age and the veins start to calcify. You'd think that with the way veins pop out on body builders that T would dilate the blood vessels, but the opposite occurs. A side-effect of ABS is vasoconstriction. They also mess with the heart and kidneys. I think my precaution is justified.

Drop the clomid it’s doing nothing but adding possible side effects.

I take 25 mg of clomid a day, a moderate dose that hasn't resulted in any sides. After a month or so, I don't think it's doing any harm. It may be doing nothing, but the protocol says to give it three months. However, I may switch to Proviron, which has been strongly endorsed by a few guys here.

Skip Foursome

Gym Derelict
Registered Member
Reaction score
I don't think BP meds can be used like that, at least not in my case. As you point out, the cardiovascular system gets less resilient with age and the veins start to calcify. You'd think that with the way veins pop out on body builders that T would dilate the blood vessels, but the opposite occurs. A side-effect of ABS is vasoconstriction. They also mess with the heart and kidneys. I think my precaution is justified.

I take 25 mg of clomid a day, a moderate dose that hasn't resulted in any sides. After a month or so, I don't think it's doing any harm. It may be doing nothing, but the protocol says to give it three months. However, I may switch to Proviron, which has been strongly endorsed by a few guys here.
What are your test results? How many days after last injection do you have blood draw for analysis?

lottalead

Registered Member
Reaction score
New to the game, I'm experimenting, going low and slow. My schedule consists of 25 mg of clomid daily and 50 mg of test per week. I know this is minimal, but I just want a little boost, not an overhaul. There is at least one research study that found a 75% response rate to this regimen in guys my age.

I am a runner and all around fitness buff. I'm lucky that my joints have held up, allowing me to do intervals. The exhilaration I get from running is one of those things that make life worth living. I'm sure you guys get the same rush from weights. The idea is to keep going, Don't stop and don't slow down. And if you need some additives, some artificial enhancements, there's absolutely nothing wrong with a little test or THC..
turn 62 and shit got very hard---you at 70 is very impressive