• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

A close friend had Leukemia/ f this blows

JD1155

God forgives, Inno Doesn’t…. IFFI
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Title says it all

A very close friend is hospitalized with acute Leukemia. Came out of nowhere and he’s sick as one can get. Transfusions and advanced chemo. He’s sick , doesn’t want to eat or drink etc

He is like my brother. We’ve trained together off and on for years, hung out as families, in our younger years cleared out a few bars. He is an amazing dude and I don’t know how this will end.

On my daughters eyes, I would take this out of him and fight it for him if given chance.

Sucks, nothing much else to say

I feel for you and your friend I’m sending prayers to you both. A year and a half ago my coworker got Covid and couldn’t recover then was diagnosed with Leukemia. He’s fighting it but isn’t the same. May they both beat this!

That’s a real bummer. Do you by chance know what kind he was specifically diagnosed with?

That’s a real bummer. Do you by chance know what kind he was specifically diagnosed with?
Acute lymphoblastic leukemia

From what his doctors have said, it’s a very aggressive form of Leukemia. It’s brutal man, when I say he’s a good dude, he’s a good dude. He once read the special Olympics are short referees. Knows nothing about basketball but went to become a ref and only does the special Olympics.

Married, a 16 year old step daughter and him and wife have an 11 year old. His kids are devastated

ALL- That’s a real bummer. I was hoping it was something less aggressive. I wish him and the family the best. Stay positive, people do beat ALL.

ALL- That’s a real bummer. I was hoping it was something less aggressive. I wish him and the family the best. Stay positive, people do beat ALL.
His doctor told him it is beatable but he’s going to have to fight

I’ve seen this sort of thing before. Sounds like he’s got a good support system and that’s key. It’ll be tough, but stay positive. That’s probably the most important thing you can do for him. Let the docs help the body. You and the fam have to help the mind.

Brother...
C is a mother fucker..Yes..I know very WELL..
I'm in the Fight Myself..nearly 7 long hard and most depressing yrs..yrs of my Life..
"The Fog"
A term I coined..after receiving the Diagnosis in 2017..
The time it takes to hear...then process it Mentality..10 to 15 seconds..
Your Life..just changed forever..!!
Then...
Well..It's... absolute Hell..!!
All emotions flood in..
Then..
The Depression and One Million Questions..With No Solid Answers..
Work
Money
House Payments
What kind of C
How will I be able to Pay
AND
Will I Die..???

Hence.."The Fog"

Until...the dust starts to settle it's Chaos..
Only TWO choices...
Fight
OR
Quit.....

And quitting ...though an Option.
Some aren't wired to Quit...like ME..!!
So..We Fucking Fight..
We fight at noon..at night..at the ER..at the countless Dr. visits..test..CT scans..bio's..
We Fight..

We Fight
To Not see pity in people's eye's...
To Stand Tall...
And Spit in that Evil Dragon's Face..
To fight for the Ones...unable to Stand..

One has to find a meaning in this..WHY..???

Until C kicks in your front door..You have No Idea..But...
There is HOPE...yes there IS..
Every Journey is a testimony to ONE'S self..
AND must be endured by all that LOVE and Know Them...

I have reached out to members just LIKE You..to help in AnyWay They Need..
To Instill Only Hope..
and..just maybe some hard earned knowledge gained along My Journey..

Do a ton of Research..learn everything you can..ask why..Every Time..!!
Take Control of Your Health..
Do Not Blindly Follow the not knowing Doctors..I did and nearly died many Times..
For ME...
I had to find that one sliver of Good in This.. took Years..I choose to believe it's not a Curse..God's not Mad at Me..
Rather...the Opposite..
I came to find...it was a
BLESSING...God choose ME..for this Fight..

That isn't easy to except..most never Will..
And that's fine..but it's the Only Way..
I could move forward..
Hate..Depression..Fear..Rage..Sadness..
Guilt..Regrete..
AND
Hopelessness...
All feed the Dragon...well I ain't feeding that Bastard..lol
And I don't know how to Quit..
My Options were limited..

Just like getting up and taking a shake to start your day..
I get up each and every day..say good morning to my life saving buddy Gabriel(Wolf-hybrid service dog)..put on my Big Boy pants..and Face another day of absolute Hell..knowing my clock is slowing down fast..
But Only With One Weapon...
HOPE...

Winning and Loosing is the Game..picking strategies..corses of action and direction.
Change Always to Adapt..and Crawling out-of-the Grave(on#3)..

Fighting isn't for EVERYONE..understand that..and every MAN has to decide for themselves..
A let No Man ever say He Chose Wrong..
For IT is His decision..And I respect that..

This Journey has Already Begun..
Now He has to Choose which Path..
From there Nothing Else Matters...

Truly Sorry...but I hope this finds you..and Helps..
I don't have the Answers..no one really does..
BUT
I'll tell you this..C will define You..
It is the Fire inwhich you will be Born Again..
Born New..to what He Chooses...

If I can help in any way..Any
Z...

Title says it all

A very close friend is hospitalized with acute Leukemia. Came out of nowhere and he’s sick as one can get. Transfusions and advanced chemo. He’s sick , doesn’t want to eat or drink etc

He is like my brother. We’ve trained together off and on for years, hung out as families, in our younger years cleared out a few bars. He is an amazing dude and I don’t know how this will end.

On my daughters eyes, I would take this out of him and fight it for him if given chance.

Sucks, nothing much else to say
Oh man I’m sorry to hear that dude, damn man I wish there was something I could say…. It’s scary when you hear things come out of nowhere like that…. Just be there for him… I hope it gets turned around for you both

Back