[RESOLVED - see first post edit] Basicso STOLE over $500 in bitcoin from meter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by repitup View Post
    i mean the communication was intercepted....somehow like me another name was given after checkout... like his, another bit address was given that wasn't yours
    I know I've seen this elsewhere maybr not on asf. I'm positive i read about emails being intercepted with a different, btc address. Like everyone says there's a history of all your btc transactions. This should be simple to prove.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by 303055622lr View Post
    I know I've seen this elsewhere maybr not on asf. I'm positive i read about emails being intercepted with a different, btc address. Like everyone says there's a history of all your btc transactions. This should be simple to prove.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk
    They won’t be able to intercept. They can send phishing emails though

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by repitup View Post
    i mean the communication was intercepted....somehow like me another name was given after checkout... like his, another bit address was given that wasn't yours
    oh, ok, misunderstood.
    Regarding the subject of this thread. I checked the txid again. I will not public it yet, because i do not knbow, if customer agrees, i will ask him. But it is a very odd story, i see something like this for the first time. Transactio id says this transfer was sent from 2 addresses starting with bc... to another address starting with bc...
    According to bitcoin wiki it is possible
    https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/List_of_address_prefixes
    It is some Bech32 pubkey hash or script hash... I do not really have deep knowledge about this sytem, but those addresses are possible. Another thing worries me.
    If i copy the destination address, which i get after i enter the txid, and put it into any bitcoin block explorer, it says that this address is not found. Some say it is not a valid bitcoin address... Somebody has any idea, what this could mean? If customers agrees, i can publish the txid, it might help to resolve the situation with common efforts.

UPD. blockexplorer.com says it is Unparsed address [0]
    blockcypher.com shows the txid, it is registered in the blockchain, but it does not show any info about source and destination addresses at all.
    blockchain.com says this address is not found.
    Last edited by Basicstero; 04-10-2019 at 02:21 AM.

https://www.basicstero.ws - DIRECT PHARMACOM LABS STORE!
    PHARMACOM LABS - FASTER.BIGGER.STRONGER.

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts
    Rep Points

So, I googled this address and found it mentioned here
    https://www.bountysource.com/issues/...hishing-attack
    Man, sorry to say this, but it looks like you are a victim of a phishing attack. You used electrum wallet to send coins? Let me guess: you launched electrum wallet. It poped up a window with the advise to update the wallet. You agreed, right?
    Electrum is under attack latest few weeks. There is a respective message on their site "Warning: Electrum versions older than 3.3 can no longer connect to public servers, and must be upgraded. This is in order to prevent user exposure to phishing messages. Do not download Electrum from any another source than electrum.org."
    Your coins are stolen indeed, but not by basicstero.
    I can post the destination address, it is bc1qcla39fm0q8ka8th8ttpq0yxla30r430m4hgu3x and it has numerous incoming transfers. Latest were done on 9th of April.
    https://chainz.cryptoid.info/btc/add...430m4hgu3x.htm
    This block explorer shows full transfers history, others do not see it for some reason.

I don`t really like to finish this thread on a negative note. This was a loval order. We offer the following solution. Although we did not get funds, but we offer to send this order from our international warehouse. You don`t stay without goods, we minimize losses on international delivery.
    Last edited by REHH; 04-10-2019 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Domestic talk rule

https://www.basicstero.ws - DIRECT PHARMACOM LABS STORE!
    PHARMACOM LABS - FASTER.BIGGER.STRONGER.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,190 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Basicstero View Post
    Man, sorry to say this, but it looks like you are a victim of a phishing attack. You used electrum wallet to send coins? Let me guess: you launched electrum wallet. It poped up a window with the advise to update the wallet. You agreed, right?
    Electrum is under attack latest few weeks. There is a respective message on their site "Warning: Electrum versions older than 3.3 can no longer connect to public servers, and must be upgraded. This is in order to prevent user exposure to phishing messages. Do not download Electrum from any another source than electrum.org."
    I can post the destination address, it is bc1qcla39fm0q8ka8th8ttpq0yxla30r430m4hgu3x and it has numerous incoming transfers. Latest were done on 9th of April.
    This block explorer shows full transfers history, others do not see it for some reason.

I don`t really like to finish this thread on a negative note. This was a domestic order. We offer the following solution. Although we did not get funds, but we offer to send this order from our international warehouse. You don`t stay without goods, we minimize losses on international delivery.
    Figures. A lot of crypto repositories are under attack and users need to protect themselves by heeding warnings.

To OP: This sounds like a good deal from Basicstero to make this right. Why not take it?
    Show me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts
    Rep Points

I don`t really like to finish this thread on a negative note. This was a domestic order. We offer the following solution. Although we did not get funds, but we offer to send this order from our international warehouse. You don`t stay without goods, we minimize losses on international delivery.
    Damn that's krazy. But not unheard of. Very stand up of Basic in honoring the order. Props to you sir.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts
    Rep Points

I was looking into this last night and figured it would end up going this way. Not saying this is a scam but I saw the potential to introduce enough doubt into the system to make it work.

A source like this is usually gonna err on the side of maximum possible fairness and unfortunately that can often be manipulated.

I hope OP appreciates the offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    Rep Points

Extremely generous and kind of Basicstero to make an offer to help someone with something that was not at all the fault/responsibility of the source -- and even more so, generously offer to someone that came on here (unknown with no posts) and harshly bash/accuse the source.

I have seen phishing before.
    I remember on ProMuscle TP (the provider, a popular GH source) warned about some phishing scam last year or so (fake emails were sent to customers) and he explained one must check carefully the header etc to make sure they are interacting with whom they intend.
    Sources cannot sit at your end and do this for you -- such an issue is not associated with the source's end – the individual must stay up-to-date and careful.

In such a case of phishing attack with the wallet or other steps (not the source).
    Then it is NOT at all any fault the source (Any source) and not the source's responsibility.
    Clearly the if this is what happened, then the scam occurred before payment ever reached Basicstero (the source did not get paid).

This is responsibility of the customer to make sure payment is sent to the correct place.
    IF we have it any other way, people can scam by simply sending BTC to another address of their own and claim it was sent to the source.
    It is only the source’s fault if the source provided wrong address or made a mistake.

Also, keep in mind, if the OP was victim of phishing (as warned about on the electrum website, see below), then he would be able to see in the BTC transaction history on the blockchain that the money was NOT sent to the address Basicstero provided.
    So I still do not understand the bashing and accusations??? has the transaction history been looked up yet by the OP (I explained how to do so)?

Basicstero made no mistake here, Basicstero did not steal/scam anyone, and the OP made very serious slanderous accusations without even considering all possibilities.
    With that said, I think Frank’s (Basicstero’s) offer is amazingly generous.
    Clearly, the source was not at all involved nor at fault, and did not get paid.

(from: https://electrum.org/#home )
    Last edited by RThoads; 04-10-2019 at 06:34 AM.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,102 Posts
    Rep Points

Well I guess ban hammer averted. But still shitty how the guy called basic a thief then takes off and doesn't come back to own up to his mistake. I'll let you guys handle the thread the way you want.

Rehh
    IRONLION LABS
    Quality HGH, Raws and Peptides
    Wickr: ironlionlabs

Click here**PLEASE READ THE RULES**

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,972 Posts
    Rep Points

I don`t really like to finish this thread on a negative note. This was a loval order. We offer the following solution. Although we did not get funds, but we offer to send this order from our international warehouse. You don`t stay without goods, we minimize losses on international delivery.
    one of the many reasons I don’t do bitcoin anymore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Rep Points

Wow, this is extremely generous!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    339 Posts
    Rep Points

Wow. Honoring a $540 order when it wasnt even their fault. That is one hell of a gesture on their part.

Ive had the address change when pasting it into my wallet before and didnt catch it. The source still got their money somehow, but ever since then I triple check it everytime I send a payment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Rep Points

That would be awesome Basicstero I really do appreciate that. When I made this post I was completely under the impression that my money was taken so I apologize sincerely for any backlash that I have caused.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Rep Points

I had no idea that this phishing was even possible and I do feel very bad for what I've said. Basicstero was not at fault in any way. Also feel like it's necessary to say that I'm not a scammer and did send the money it just got intercepted by a hacker? Regardless, I am very sorry and thank you to Basicstero.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jswole220 View Post
    one of the many reasons I don’t do bitcoin anymore
    Dude, I get it but your like a guy saying he doesn’t like the new horseless carriages because they make too much smoke.

The train is coming. Get on board. All other payment methods are going extinct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk