Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad PIP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Rep Points

Bad PIP

So I decided to pin my biceps for the first time, so the muscle was virgin muscle. I did 1CC in each bicep. Everything went fine with my right bicep, but the left one hurt a bit. I figured I nipped a vein; however over the next three days the redness spread and became very tender and sore. I have no fever or blisters. The swelling is minimal, but three days after my pip it's still extremely sore. I know it's not the gear because I've been pinning the same gear from the same source for two weeks. I am curious if it's an infection or something else? Also, I'm wondering how long it will last?

IMG_0973.jpeg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    339 Posts
    Rep Points

Looking awfully red.

any heat to the touch?

Did you reuse the same pin?

If so, did you reswab the pin and your bicep?

Did you rub your arm before taking this pic?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Rep Points

No heat to the touch. And no, I didn't use the same pin or same swab. Different pin and different swabs for each arm. I also cleaned each vial. One arm got test and the other got tren. I can't remember which arm got what, but both shots were 1 CC. It is very red and the red has spread over the past three days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Rep Points

Curious what you are pinning,test 300 will get me swelling and some redness and very sore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,972 Posts
    Rep Points

The same thing happened to me the first time I pinned my biceps. The first go round went find second go round it looked exactly like yours. It was not an infection and I just chalked it up to me pinning a Virgin muscle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Rep Points

Yep...test 300 and tren 100. But I can't remember which arm got what. At first, I thought it was just due to never pinning my biceps before.

- - - Updated - - -

How long did the tenderness and soreness last?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jswole220 View Post
    The same thing happened to me the first time I pinned my biceps. The first go round went find second go round it looked exactly like yours. It was not an infection and I just chalked it up to me pinning a Virgin muscle

How long did the tenderness and soreness last?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Rep Points

ice and ibuprofen
    if no improvement or fever see a dr immediately

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Rep Points

Mine lasted several days.Never infected but swolen and some redness but mostly sore.I still get it every now and then.Your looks pretty red,much worse then mine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,060 Posts
    Rep Points

That looks like cellulitis. TouraregV8 had what looks like the exact same thing happen to him. I would start antibiotics if you have some. Otherwise I'd see the doc for that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Rep Points

I had cellulitis in my quad once from pinning test 500 (never again) but it was very noticeably hot to the touch, and really prevented my from making many leg movements. If it was cellulitis i feel as though he'd know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,060 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by hannamuscles View Post
    I had cellulitis in my quad once from pinning test 500 (never again) but it was very noticeably hot to the touch, and really prevented my from making many leg movements. If it was cellulitis i feel as though he'd know
    Yeah it may not be but it sure looks like it. Especially the shape of the swelling, it doesn't look like the gear is running down beneath his skin like oil leaking back out of the muscle.

Team supervisor P.S.L.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,934 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by hannamuscles View Post
    That is cellulitis, you don't have to run a fever or anything of that nature to have cellulitis..I am prone to cellulitis on the right side of my body, I have had it dozens of times.. I've even had two major operations because of it..

To the OP.. I would not be concerned about it watching it and waiting to see if it spreads at this point because the surface area has already exceeded that, it will get worse if this is not treated.. I suggest going to your urgent Care or an emergency room as soon as possible.. they may need to put you on a IV antibiotic for upfront targeting and then they'll probably send you home with the script for 10 days..

Team supervisor P.S.L.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,934 Posts
    Rep Points

By the way it doesn't have to be a bad batch from the gear it could just be a local immune response.. this can happen with Pharmaceutical products including vaccines and other shots.. in fact I had this happen over the summer wall finishing some work on my sleeve tattoo.. almost two months later I had cellulitis in my opposite shoulder from Pharmaceutical TRT script.. there is so many unforeseen hazards that are on your epidermis there is a reason why we have multiple skin layers including Sub-Q tissue.. there is extremely harmful bacteria and other elements on our skin daily that we may appear impervious to but once they make it through the layers via injection or scrape the lymphatic system is now exposed.. cross-contamination can happen to anyone in any environment at any time, no one is immune or resistant..

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,279 Posts
    Rep Points

Just go to the urgent care doc or even the ER- If that is cellulitis you dont want to wait
    I had cellulitis once behind my knee (random occurence- no injections) and it hurt like a bitch. It even started to make me limp it hurt so bad. I finally went to the ER and got an antibiotic IV like Vision suggested and sent home with antibiotics.
    Whatever you got, if the redness spreads any further, you better take care of it asap.