• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Crock / Instant Pot Recipes

You read my mind was just thinking about insta pot and ninja blender recipes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Rice

Very easy one here.

Can sub the cheese for no fat shredded cheese and it's a decently clean meal.

2lbs boneless chicken breast
1 1/3c rice
1 1/3c chicken broth
2c Broccoli (I use frozen)
1 small onion
3tbsp EVOO
2 cloves garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 tbsp flour
1/2c milk
2c shredded cheese

Turn pot on sautee -
Brown chicken with onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook until onion is translucent.

Add in rice, broth and broccoli.

Cook on manual pressure for 6 minutes.

Mix flour and milk together.

Do a quick release and add in the milk and flour mixture.

Stir in cheese. Salt to taste.

I went a little over board on the cheese in this picture is why it looks so thick.
cc705e7b78099045a99e427ec353f1b0.jpg

IP Beef Burgundy

2lbs Sirloin or other lean roast cubed into 1" cubes
Salt
Pepper
Flour, enough to sprinkle on meat
1 medium onion
4-5 cloves garlic, sliced
8oz Cremini mushrooms, thick sliced
1 cup dry red wine
1 tbsp tomato paste
1c beef stock or broth
1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
2 bay leaves

Cube meat accordingly. On cutting board, salt and pepper meat, then sprinkle with a fine layer of flour and turn to coat. Add a little oil of choice into instant pot and turn on manual sautee. When it's hot, add beef in batches to brown. Brown each side for approx 2-4 minutes and set aside. When all meat is done, add onion and garlic to pot to sautee. Do not allow the sucs on the bottom of the pan to burn, when it's at it's limit pour the wine into the pot to deglaze. Scrape sucs (stuck on butts if meat and flour) completely into the wine. Once the alcohol smell goes away, throw the meat, mushrooms, and thyme leaves into the pot. Sautee and stir until wine is reduced to a thick consistency. Turn off instant pot. Add beef broth, bay leaves, and about 1/2 tsp of salt into pot and stir thoroughly, making sure all remnants are gone from the bottom of the pot and it's mixed together well. Set lid and turn vent to sealing. Turn pot onto high pressure cooking for 20 minutes and leave until done. Once timer is done, turn off pot and let it naturally release for 10 minutes. Now quick release vent and it's ready to serve with rice, pasta, or by itself. It'll probably need salt, I add salt after cooking to regulate total amount of sodium in meals

IP Mashed Sweet Potatoes

2.5lb sweet potato cut into 1" cubes
1 cup water
1 tbsp butter or coconut oil
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
Sprinkle of nutmeg to taste

Place steamer basket in pot. Add water to bottom of pot. Place sweet potato cubes on basket. Set lid and place vent on seal. Set to high pressure cooker for 8 minutes and let cook. Quick release vent, remove potato's from pot and drain excess water. Add oil and spices, then mash to desired consistency. Stores for up to 1 week in refrigerator.

The addition of pure maple syrup or honey before mashing is also delicious if sugars are not a dietary concern.

IP Chicken Piccata

INGREDIENTS:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1.5 – 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup chicken stock (see note)
1/2c white wine
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 jar (4 oz) capers, drained

DIRECTIONS:
Heat Instant Pot to Saute and add oil. Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken and add to hot Instant Pot. Brown chicken for about 4 minutes on each side and then remove to a plate.
Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly for about 1 minute or until fragrant.
Add broth, lemon juice, oregano, and basil and scrape any brown bits off the bottom of the Instant Pot. Return chicken to Instant Pot and sprinkle capers on top.
Put cover on (make sure vent is turned to “seal”). Set Instant Pot to Manual for 10 minutes.
Once done, quick release the pressure. Use an instant read thermometer and ensure chicken has an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Serve chicken with sauce in pan.

IP Chicken Piccata

INGREDIENTS:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1.5 – 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup chicken stock (see note)
1/2c white wine
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 jar (4 oz) capers, drained

DIRECTIONS:
Heat Instant Pot to Saute and add oil. Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken and add to hot Instant Pot. Brown chicken for about 4 minutes on each side and then remove to a plate.
Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly for about 1 minute or until fragrant.
Add broth, lemon juice, oregano, and basil and scrape any brown bits off the bottom of the Instant Pot. Return chicken to Instant Pot and sprinkle capers on top.
Put cover on (make sure vent is turned to “seal”). Set Instant Pot to Manual for 10 minutes.
Once done, quick release the pressure. Use an instant read thermometer and ensure chicken has an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Serve chicken with sauce in pan.
I knew you'd come out swinging in this thread!!

Sent from my LG-SP320 using Tapatalk

Ain't proper but still good
2282b6bbecdc84212039201a16a58d41.jpg
24515b29cc8ea8d0438a74d2782db1bc.jpg
4bd3ad560afd97e3e46aba7416a02b21.jpg
6de74b2d08f052a89d9e667e3e1ab79c.jpg
8c12c7a737173541d419d88c210d8fc4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

How is the instant pot different from a crock pot?
It's a digital pressure cooker. Super easy to use and takes minutes instead of hours to cook things.

For example, I can cook a 7lb roast in the instant pot in an hour and a half. It comes out more tender and packed full of flavor then a crock.

Just put it in. Dial the time in and leave it. Once time is over it just goes to a warming temp so it won't burn if you forget it.

Just ordered mine. Great thread and recipes!

LowT

Damn good topic idea Montego! Keep them coming, I just got my hands on a Insta pot this year. Thanks for the recipes GC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice idea. My in-laws gave me a whole book or crock pot recipes ill throw a few up.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

How is the instant pot different from a crock pot?

It's a digital pressure cooker. Super easy to use and takes minutes instead of hours to cook things.

For example, I can cook a 7lb roast in the instant pot in an hour and a half. It comes out more tender and packed full of flavor then a crock.

Just put it in. Dial the time in and leave it. Once time is over it just goes to a warming temp so it won't burn if you forget it.

What Monte said. 3 weeks ago I didn't even know what an instant pot was. Well, MsJD got me one for Christmas. At first I thought do I really need a crock pot? The Instant Pot is way more then a crock pot. It's a programmable pressure cooker, slow cooker (crock pot), rice maker, steamer, saute', and warmer. I love this thing! As Monte alluded to meals that take hours in a crock pot take minutes in the IP. A chili recipe I use that takes 4-6 hours in a crock pot, takes only 35 minutes in the IP, and tastes even better. I always thought jasmine rice cooked in a covered saute skillet came out fine. Until I tried it in the IP. You add rice and water, seal and lock the lid, and set pressure cook time, and forget about it. When it's done it automatically turns off and switches to Keep Warm mode. Perfect fluffy rice every time. Highly recommended.

Great idea for a thread.

Instant Pot Chili

Not a clean meal at all, but great for a cheat on a cold winter day.

1 lb 90% ground beef
1T olive oil
1 large onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
2 14 oz cans chili beans
1 10 oz can tomato sauce
1 10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies
1C beef broth
2T chili powder
1/4t garlic powder
1/4t cumin
1/4t salt
1/4t pepper
1T habanero sauce (optional)
shredded cheese
1T corn starch
1T water

• Turn instant pot to saute and add the oil. Once HOT, add the ground beef, onion, green pepper and cook until meat is no longer pink. Use wooden spoon to break up beef.
  • Turn instant pot off and add the remaining ingredients and stir.
  • Close lid and set the instant pot to pressure cook for 25 minutes.
  • Allow the pressure to release naturally for 8 minutes, then do a quick release.
  • In a small bowl mix together the cornstarch and water until smooth and immediately whisk into hot chili. Add shredded cheese to taste. Allow to thicken for 5 minutes before serving.

What Monte said. 3 weeks ago I didn't even know what an instant pot was. Well, MsJD got me one for Christmas. At first I thought do I really need a crock pot? The Instant Pot is way more then a crock pot. It's a programmable pressure cooker, slow cooker (crock pot), rice maker, steamer, saute', and warmer. I love this thing! As Monte alluded to meals that take hours in a crock pot take minutes in the IP. A chili recipe I use that takes 4-6 hours in a crock pot, takes only 35 minutes in the IP, and tastes even better. I always thought jasmine rice cooked in a covered saute skillet came out fine. Until I tried it in the IP. You add rice and water, seal and lock the lid, and set pressure cook time, and forget about it. When it's done it automatically turns off and switches to Keep Warm mode. Perfect fluffy rice every time. Highly recommended.

Great idea for a thread.

Thanks for info... so regular crock pot is not programmable and does not use pressure.

Get Shredded!
Thanks for info... so regular crock pot is not programmable and does not use pressure.
Remember those old Metal pots with the lid that you lock into place with the hook snaps on the side and when it got hot that little stem rattled its ass off until you opened it?

Kinda the same idea lol.

Instant Pot Chicken Tenderloins and Jasmine Rice in Broth

Very easy recipe and you make your own fresh chicken broth.

1-1/2 lbs of chicken tenderloins
1T olive oil
Mrs Dash chicken grilling blend seasoning (no salt or MSG)
1-1/2C of brown jasmine rice
1-1/2C of water

• Turn instant pot to saute and add the oil. While oil is heating liberally apply the Mrs Dash seasoning to one side of the tenders.
  • Once the pot shows HOT, add chicken tenderloins seasoned side down, and brown for about 4 minutes.
  • While browning apply the seasoning to the other side, and brown for about 4 minutes also.
  • Turn instant pot off and transfer the chicken to a plate.
  • Place the supplied trivet in the instant pot and place the chicken tenderloins on top off it.
  • Add 1C of water to the pot, close and seal the lid, turn on pressure cooker and set for 6 minutes.
  • When done allow the pressure to release naturally for 8 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
  • Remove chicken from the instant pot and put aside and cover.
  • Pour the remaining liquid into a bowl and add water to bring the total volume to 1-1/2 cups. This is your broth with seasoning. Pour this back into the instant pot.
  • Add 1-1/2C of jasmine rice and a dash amount of salt.
  • Close lid and seal, and set the instant pot to pressure cook for 4 minutes.
  • When done allow the pressure to release naturally for 8 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
  • Open the lid and stir and fluff rice with a wooden spoon.

Serve the chicken over rice, with broccoli or veggie of choice

instapot chicken-min.jpg

Remember those old Metal pots with the lid that you lock into place with the hook snaps on the side and when it got hot that little stem rattled its ass off until you opened it?

Kinda the same idea lol.

I got two of the wing nut versions in my garage. Not sure why we save them, considering we haven't had a garden in years.

Anyone else's dog(s) go ape shit when you hit the quick release valve? :roflmao:

Dang, now I want an Instant Pot and an Air Fryer

Correct. You can slow cook in the IP like a crock pot, but it's the pressure cooking that makes it shine

Thanks

Kinda the same idea lol.

Yes a pressure cooker used for canning, remember seeing my grandmother canning.

Ninja Foodie is all in one man, this thing is bad ass... Look it up.
Wait, the ninja foodie is an instant pot and an air fryer? Hell I didn't know that. Thought it was just an air fryer.

Great idea for a thread.

I'll probably be buying one at Sam's tomorrow

Thanks for finally doing this Monte , when im 10 weeks out ,lol

great thread... I've got to pick one of these up, I just saw them at Costco for 99 bucks!

Back