ART Topic of the Week - Lessons Learned

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 61
  1. #46
    Registered User
    TouaregV8's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4,037

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    231
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,026
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisptrt View Post
    yikes. I donít disagree with what you are saying at all. If anything I definitely agree. Iím a vegan and there isnít any protein options that taste good at all.
    Plant protein powder however is proven to be easy on the stomach and carry benefits. Now , I always do major research and only get the cream of the crop high qualty ones. I am living proof that whatever Iím drinking has what I need because Iíve gotten amazthings by results. I canít speak on most of the industry or whey protein, but yeah... depends on what brand you use. And in my opinion before I was vegan, any whey protein I had caused stomach issues like crazy. It was usually garbage like you stated.
    The same goes with actual food, when I wasnít a vegan , I wouldnít just buy chicken ... Iíd do my research and get the better quality.
    I agree with Malfeasance also. Most of the supplement industry is a joke making outrageous claims that are backed by nothing. They can say whatever they want on the labels and there's no one to hold them accountable for it. I do believe that there are some good companies out there that incorporate the ingredients as they are indicated on the label, and I say that based on my results that I have been using supplements, proteins, etc., from reputable and trusted companies.

    ********** Labs has been one of these companies that doesn't include the ingredients in their products that they say they do. John Meadows blew the whistle on them a couple years ago and ended up parting ways with them because he didn't want to be associated with their brand. He went off on his own and started his own company, Granite Supplements.
    lll-lll Rest in peace Big Lou lll-lll

  2. #47
    Registered User
    malfeasance's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,745

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    339
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,978
    Thanked in
    1,363 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisptrt View Post
    yikes. I donít disagree with what you are saying at all. If anything I definitely agree. Iím a vegan and there isnít any protein options that taste good at all.
    Plant protein powder however is proven to be easy on the stomach and carry benefits. Now , I always do major research and only get the cream of the crop high qualty ones. I am living proof that whatever Iím drinking has what I need because Iíve gotten amazthings by results. I canít speak on most of the industry or whey protein, but yeah... depends on what brand you use. And in my opinion before I was vegan, any whey protein I had caused stomach issues like crazy. It was usually garbage like you stated.
    The same goes with actual food, when I wasnít a vegan , I wouldnít just buy chicken ... Iíd do my research and get the better quality.
    If you are a vegan and getting results then I would say you have already put in the work of researching what works, because that is a much tougher road to follow. It can be done, but not half assed.

    You should post some threads in the Diet and Nutrition subform about the basics of putting together sufficient protein on a vegan diet. There aren't too many others here (anybody?) who could provide that sort of useful reference information.

  3. #48
    Registered User
    TouaregV8's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4,037

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    231
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,026
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by TouaregV8 View Post
    ********** Labs has been one of these companies that doesn't include the ingredients in their products that they say they do.
    Sorry about that, guys. I wasn't thinking. Thank you for the edit.
    lll-lll Rest in peace Big Lou lll-lll

  4. #49
    Gym Derelict


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    15,409

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,226
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,755
    Thanked in
    2,235 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by TouaregV8 View Post
    Sorry about that, guys. I wasn't thinking. Thank you for the edit.
    That is an automatic edit by this site's firmware, no one did that.

    Just say Black Cawk labs and it will not be edited

  5. #50
    Senior Member
    Velociraptor44's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,428

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    686
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    564
    Thanked in
    410 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Skip Foursome View Post
    That is an automatic edit by this site's firmware, no one did that.

    Just say Black Cawk labs and it will not be edited
    Lmfao!!!

  6. #51
    Senior Member
    Chrisptrt's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    825

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    378
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    108
    Thanked in
    87 Posts
    Rep Points
    547602753

    Quote Originally Posted by malfeasance View Post
    If you are a vegan and getting results then I would say you have already put in the work of researching what works, because that is a much tougher road to follow. It can be done, but not half assed.

    You should post some threads in the Diet and Nutrition subform about the basics of putting together sufficient protein on a vegan diet. There aren't too many others here (anybody?) who could provide that sort of useful reference information.
    ill take that as a compliment hah. And I would be honored . I know itís kind of taboo to be vegan in the fitness world but Iím doing my best.

  7. #52
    Senior Member
    Velociraptor44's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,428

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    686
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    564
    Thanked in
    410 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisptrt View Post
    ill take that as a compliment hah. And I would be honored . I know itís kind of taboo to be vegan in the fitness world but Iím doing my best.
    To be honest its kinda cool. You keep up on your fats, b12, etc?

    also i was listening to a podcast that explained that mollusks have no central nervous system, feel no pain, and are basically lesser being than plants. Have you considered using them as its still ethical? They are abundant with b12 (2 servings a week cover your b12 requirements) are loaded with protein and minerals.

  8. #53
    Member


    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    50

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Rep Points
    600100

    Quote Originally Posted by velociraptor44 View Post
    To be honest its kinda cool. You keep up on your fats, b12, etc?

    also i was listening to a podcast that explained that mollusks have no central nervous system, feel no pain, and are basically lesser being than plants. Have you considered using them as its still ethical? They are abundant with b12 (2 servings a week cover your b12 requirements) are loaded with protein and minerals.
    very interesting.

  9. #54
    Registered User
    GarlicChicken's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,960

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    8,059
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,572
    Thanked in
    3,063 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by velociraptor44 View Post
    To be honest its kinda cool. You keep up on your fats, b12, etc?

    also i was listening to a podcast that explained that mollusks have no central nervous system, feel no pain, and are basically lesser being than plants. Have you considered using them as its still ethical? They are abundant with b12 (2 servings a week cover your b12 requirements) are loaded with protein and minerals.
    "Clams have feelings too"

  10. #55
    Registered User
    Oldschool's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    5,734

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    579
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,262
    Thanked in
    723 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    For me the greatest lesson learned is the value of education.
    Im not talking about reading blog posts or opinions, which I am not downplaying, but true programmed and directed education.
    Without it you are just following the crowd, and hopefully not learning bad habits along the way.
    Even basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology, nutrition, exercise selection and form just to name a few, can significantly increase your chances of reaching your goals, whatever they are.

    So much of what I call broscience (or maybe a better term is bullshit) exists in these forums.
    So called "steroid experts" always make me cringe. Giving advice based on nothing more than what they have read... to obviously other ignorant people... the bottom line is using steroids is a crap shoot, a gamble.... especially at high doses... use at your own risk.
    Same goes for nutrition advice... but the health consequences aren't as bad.

    To answer Montes other question: the greatest life lesson this hobby has taught me is the power of goal setting (with the possible exception of health)
    The skill of learning to make a plan, stick to it and complete it is a foundation for success in anything you do in life.



    Ok,
    SCIENCE TO PRACTICE

  11. #56
    Team supervisor P.S.L.
    SUPER MOD
    Vision's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Anabolic Erudite
    Posts
    20,667

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,885
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    8,955
    Thanked in
    5,513 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    One of the biggest things that I have learned in all of my travels is that this is truly not a one-size-fits-all way of life.. it's easy to watch one of your peers incorporate something in his diet or his routine and you say to yourself that looks interesting maybe I should try that, and ultimately it doesn't work out for you. It just goes to redefine that the truth of the matter is that everything is personalized in this way of life.. that's another reason why I prefer to train alone because even my sessions are entirely different with movements and intensity.. working out with a partner just slows me down regardless of what stations we're doing even if we're working alternate stations..

    I learned more and more that we are truly by ourselves in this journey, we can take the suggestions and read the experience and all of the vast knowledge handed down by those that have paved the way or who have simply just been there and done that, But ultimately we need to pick and decipher what is best for us and employ that for our own selfish reasons...

    Even going out with the brothers after a good session in the gym they want to go to a particular food joint and I'm just not feeling it.. I've never been a sheep and I always dance to the beat of my own drum..

    I just wish I could go back to my earlier years and use the same mentality, because many times I did what the guy to the right or to the left was doing because they said so.. now I know what's best for me.. it took an awful lot of time, and I'm still fucking learning..

    One thing I can say for certain is I'm glad now that I possess the ability to open my goddamn ears and use both ears that God gave me, and use less of that one mouth that God has given me. Two Is Better Than One..

  12. #57
    Senior Member
    Dac2007's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    146

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    22
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    32
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Rep Points
    110575353

    Quote Originally Posted by malfeasance View Post
    If you are a vegan and getting results then I would say you have already put in the work of researching what works, because that is a much tougher road to follow. It can be done, but not half assed.

    You should post some threads in the Diet and Nutrition subform about the basics of putting together sufficient protein on a vegan diet. There aren't too many others here (anybody?) who could provide that sort of useful reference information.
    That would be great if you have the time to post some vegan foods and plant protein that is good.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  13. #58
    Senior Member
    Chrisptrt's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    825

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    378
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    108
    Thanked in
    87 Posts
    Rep Points
    547602753

    Bump

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dac2007 View Post
    That would be great if you have the time to post some vegan foods and plant protein that is good.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Would be my honor brothers , however I can help vegans in this lifestyle .

  14. #59
    IM>ASF
    heckler7's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    trolling ASF pit
    Posts
    16,171

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6,240
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6,402
    Thanked in
    3,767 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisptrt View Post
    Bump

    - - - Updated - - -



    Would be my honor brothers , however I can help vegans in this lifestyle .
    I'm half vegan, I like a baked potato with my steak

  15. #60
    Senior Member
    Chrisptrt's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    825

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    378
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    108
    Thanked in
    87 Posts
    Rep Points
    547602753

    Quote Originally Posted by velociraptor44 View Post
    To be honest its kinda cool. You keep up on your fats, b12, etc?

    also i was listening to a podcast that explained that mollusks have no central nervous system, feel no pain, and are basically lesser being than plants. Have you considered using them as its still ethical? They are abundant with b12 (2 servings a week cover your b12 requirements) are loaded with protein and minerals.
    Nutritional yeast has around 400% b12 in each serving and have absolutely no animal substances at all.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-13-2016, 01:08 PM
  2. Part 2 - Topic of the week (CHANCE TO WIN) Join the topic!
    By Vision in forum Purity Source Labs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-09-2016, 09:15 PM
  3. Part 2 - Topic of the week (CHANCE TO WIN) Join the topic!
    By Vision in forum Anabolic Steroids
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-07-2016, 10:40 AM
  4. Lessons Iíve learned From Bodybuilding
    By Arnold in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-10-2014, 06:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2012-2022 Anabolic Steroid Discussion Forums