ART Topic of the Week - Lessons Learned

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisptrt View Post
    yikes. I donít disagree with what you are saying at all. If anything I definitely agree. Iím a vegan and there isnít any protein options that taste good at all.
    Plant protein powder however is proven to be easy on the stomach and carry benefits. Now , I always do major research and only get the cream of the crop high qualty ones. I am living proof that whatever Iím drinking has what I need because Iíve gotten amazthings by results. I canít speak on most of the industry or whey protein, but yeah... depends on what brand you use. And in my opinion before I was vegan, any whey protein I had caused stomach issues like crazy. It was usually garbage like you stated.
    The same goes with actual food, when I wasnít a vegan , I wouldnít just buy chicken ... Iíd do my research and get the better quality.
    I agree with Malfeasance also. Most of the supplement industry is a joke making outrageous claims that are backed by nothing. They can say whatever they want on the labels and there's no one to hold them accountable for it. I do believe that there are some good companies out there that incorporate the ingredients as they are indicated on the label, and I say that based on my results that I have been using supplements, proteins, etc., from reputable and trusted companies.

********** Labs has been one of these companies that doesn't include the ingredients in their products that they say they do. John Meadows blew the whistle on them a couple years ago and ended up parting ways with them because he didn't want to be associated with their brand. He went off on his own and started his own company, Granite Supplements.
    lll-lll Rest in peace Big Lou lll-lll

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,363 Posts
    Rep Points

yikes. I donít disagree with what you are saying at all. If anything I definitely agree. Iím a vegan and there isnít any protein options that taste good at all.
    Plant protein powder however is proven to be easy on the stomach and carry benefits. Now , I always do major research and only get the cream of the crop high qualty ones. I am living proof that whatever Iím drinking has what I need because Iíve gotten amazthings by results. I canít speak on most of the industry or whey protein, but yeah... depends on what brand you use. And in my opinion before I was vegan, any whey protein I had caused stomach issues like crazy. It was usually garbage like you stated.
    The same goes with actual food, when I wasnít a vegan , I wouldnít just buy chicken ... Iíd do my research and get the better quality.
    If you are a vegan and getting results then I would say you have already put in the work of researching what works, because that is a much tougher road to follow. It can be done, but not half assed.

You should post some threads in the Diet and Nutrition subform about the basics of putting together sufficient protein on a vegan diet. There aren't too many others here (anybody?) who could provide that sort of useful reference information.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by TouaregV8 View Post
    ********** Labs has been one of these companies that doesn't include the ingredients in their products that they say they do.
    Sorry about that, guys. I wasn't thinking. Thank you for the edit.
    lll-lll Rest in peace Big Lou lll-lll

Gym Derelict

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,235 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by TouaregV8 View Post
    Sorry about that, guys. I wasn't thinking. Thank you for the edit.
    That is an automatic edit by this site's firmware, no one did that.

Just say Black Cawk labs and it will not be edited

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    410 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Skip Foursome View Post
    That is an automatic edit by this site's firmware, no one did that.

Just say Black Cawk labs and it will not be edited
    Lmfao!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by malfeasance View Post
    If you are a vegan and getting results then I would say you have already put in the work of researching what works, because that is a much tougher road to follow. It can be done, but not half assed.

You should post some threads in the Diet and Nutrition subform about the basics of putting together sufficient protein on a vegan diet. There aren't too many others here (anybody?) who could provide that sort of useful reference information.
    ill take that as a compliment hah. And I would be honored . I know itís kind of taboo to be vegan in the fitness world but Iím doing my best.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    410 Posts
    Rep Points

ill take that as a compliment hah. And I would be honored . I know itís kind of taboo to be vegan in the fitness world but Iím doing my best.
    To be honest its kinda cool. You keep up on your fats, b12, etc?

also i was listening to a podcast that explained that mollusks have no central nervous system, feel no pain, and are basically lesser being than plants. Have you considered using them as its still ethical? They are abundant with b12 (2 servings a week cover your b12 requirements) are loaded with protein and minerals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by velociraptor44 View Post

also i was listening to a podcast that explained that mollusks have no central nervous system, feel no pain, and are basically lesser being than plants. Have you considered using them as its still ethical? They are abundant with b12 (2 servings a week cover your b12 requirements) are loaded with protein and minerals.
    very interesting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,063 Posts
    Rep Points

"Clams have feelings too"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    723 Posts
    Rep Points

For me the greatest lesson learned is the value of education.
    Im not talking about reading blog posts or opinions, which I am not downplaying, but true programmed and directed education.
    Without it you are just following the crowd, and hopefully not learning bad habits along the way.
    Even basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology, nutrition, exercise selection and form just to name a few, can significantly increase your chances of reaching your goals, whatever they are.

So much of what I call broscience (or maybe a better term is bullshit) exists in these forums.
    So called "steroid experts" always make me cringe. Giving advice based on nothing more than what they have read... to obviously other ignorant people... the bottom line is using steroids is a crap shoot, a gamble.... especially at high doses... use at your own risk.
    Same goes for nutrition advice... but the health consequences aren't as bad.

To answer Montes other question: the greatest life lesson this hobby has taught me is the power of goal setting (with the possible exception of health)
    The skill of learning to make a plan, stick to it and complete it is a foundation for success in anything you do in life.

Ok,
    SCIENCE TO PRACTICE

Team supervisor P.S.L.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,513 Posts
    Rep Points

One of the biggest things that I have learned in all of my travels is that this is truly not a one-size-fits-all way of life.. it's easy to watch one of your peers incorporate something in his diet or his routine and you say to yourself that looks interesting maybe I should try that, and ultimately it doesn't work out for you. It just goes to redefine that the truth of the matter is that everything is personalized in this way of life.. that's another reason why I prefer to train alone because even my sessions are entirely different with movements and intensity.. working out with a partner just slows me down regardless of what stations we're doing even if we're working alternate stations..

I learned more and more that we are truly by ourselves in this journey, we can take the suggestions and read the experience and all of the vast knowledge handed down by those that have paved the way or who have simply just been there and done that, But ultimately we need to pick and decipher what is best for us and employ that for our own selfish reasons...

Even going out with the brothers after a good session in the gym they want to go to a particular food joint and I'm just not feeling it.. I've never been a sheep and I always dance to the beat of my own drum..

I just wish I could go back to my earlier years and use the same mentality, because many times I did what the guy to the right or to the left was doing because they said so.. now I know what's best for me.. it took an awful lot of time, and I'm still fucking learning..

One thing I can say for certain is I'm glad now that I possess the ability to open my goddamn ears and use both ears that God gave me, and use less of that one mouth that God has given me. Two Is Better Than One..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by malfeasance View Post

That would be great if you have the time to post some vegan foods and plant protein that is good.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts
    Rep Points

Bump

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dac2007 View Post
    That would be great if you have the time to post some vegan foods and plant protein that is good.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Would be my honor brothers , however I can help vegans in this lifestyle .

IM>ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,767 Posts
    Rep Points

Bump

- - - Updated - - -

Would be my honor brothers , however I can help vegans in this lifestyle .
    I'm half vegan, I like a baked potato with my steak

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts
    Rep Points

Nutritional yeast has around 400% b12 in each serving and have absolutely no animal substances at all.