Eating Big For a Little Guy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41
  1. #1
    Board Rep
    BOARD REP
    Bundy74's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,167

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    45
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    240
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Eating Big For a Little Guy

    So as any of you who have ever read my bulk logs know, eating BIG is always a struggle for me. I just dont have the appetite to eat like a grazing cow all the time. I have seen so many mass diets and am blown away by people who can put down 10 eggs in one sitting or something even crazier. Im just curious if most of you BIG dudes have been big your whole life. I mean were you fellas already eating big and looking big even as a youngster?
    The forced feedings will only work for so long before it takes a mental toll. So more than anything im just curious what your eating habits were like before the gear or if you were already pretty big to start out with?
    Just curious. Nowadays when I see a big son of a gun, beit a pro on social media or a dude at the gym, I dont even think about the gear, or time in gym or any of that..just think to myself damn you have got to be sick of eating all the time.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Rajput's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,371

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    895
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    769
    Thanked in
    569 Posts
    Rep Points
    1572414459

    It depends on body type too.
    I gain fast but getting shreded is hard for me.
    When im not on a diet, i am used to binge on the foods i like.
    For example, i always order 1 extra large pizza for myself to solo. I enjoy eating a lot.
    On a calorie restriction diet, im just dying all day to eat. I have one meal and keep thinking about the next one.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Board Rep
    BOARD REP
    Bundy74's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,167

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    45
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    240
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rajput View Post
    It depends on body type too.
    I gain fast but getting shreded is hard for me.
    When im not on a diet, i am used to binge on the foods i like.
    For example, i always order 1 extra large pizza for myself to solo. I enjoy eating a lot.
    On a calorie restriction diet, im just dying all day to eat. I have one meal and keep thinking about the next one.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Funny thing is im cool with caloric restrictions. Hell I thrive in that restricted zone but constantly eating even if its not clean is way more of a struggle.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    tren2k14's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,035

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    213
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    763
    Thanked in
    507 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Eating Big For a Little Guy

    I force feed. Chew enough until I can swallow and use water to get it down.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Board Rep
    BOARD REP
    GGG's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    9,086

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,338
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,370
    Thanked in
    974 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    its mostly mental for me.

    i can put down a Large pizza no problem , but i have trouble with 9oz of steak , salad and 1 cup of rice.
    Monster labs representative
    GGG10 = 10% discount mymonsterlabs.com
    Www.monster-gear.com

  6. #6
    I would like a nap.
    Flipper's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Left
    Posts
    956

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    383
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    308
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Rep Points
    1221344533

    I freaking love to eat so going on a bulking cycle is like a dream come true. I like to sit down and eat a whole rotisserie chicken then a couple hours later make a steak omelet with a whole carton of egg whites and a head of broccoli... and then do it again a couple hours after that. I feel like Augustus Gloop in the candy forest.

    Calorie trimming absolutely sucks, eating measured portions of cold cuts and protein shakes. Ugh.
    Fools don't fit in the boots that I tread in.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    tren2k14's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,035

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    213
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    763
    Thanked in
    507 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    I look at it like this if your will isnít there to force feed how is your will going to be when training gets hard? You can stretch your stomach sack slowly if done properly and donít throw a shit ton of food at it at once.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Registered User
    CompoundLifts31's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    The Sunshine State
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,359

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,926
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,729
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Bundy74 View Post
    So as any of you who have ever read my bulk logs know, eating BIG is always a struggle for me. I just dont have the appetite to eat like a grazing cow all the time. I have seen so many mass diets and am blown away by people who can put down 10 eggs in one sitting or something even crazier. Im just curious if most of you BIG dudes have been big your whole life. I mean were you fellas already eating big and looking big even as a youngster?
    The forced feedings will only work for so long before it takes a mental toll. So more than anything im just curious what your eating habits were like before the gear or if you were already pretty big to start out with?
    Just curious. Nowadays when I see a big son of a gun, beit a pro on social media or a dude at the gym, I dont even think about the gear, or time in gym or any of that..just think to myself damn you have got to be sick of eating all the time.
    Yeah. I think the same thing. It's funny when you start lifting, you think it's all about the gym. Then step two is usually gear usage.

    Then after time, you realize gear isn't everything. If you don't eat correctly to attain your goal at hand, the gear will only do so much.

    Now to go eat more lol

    Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    bc123jm's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    6,450

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    97
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    924
    Thanked in
    567 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    eating 5-6 k cals a day every single day for say 2-3 months straight is just sickening.
    most people have never really done it say they dont know what its like.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    tren2k14's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,035

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    213
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    763
    Thanked in
    507 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by bc123jm View Post
    eating 5-6 k cals a day every single day for say 2-3 months straight is just sickening.
    most people have never really done it say they dont know what its like.
    I done it for 6 months it really comes to to will power. You know youíve done it force feeding when you think your going to puke on every bite but you still keep shoveling to grow.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD
    Montego1's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    21,201

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,676
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9,628
    Thanked in
    5,141 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by bc123jm View Post
    eating 5-6 k cals a day every single day for say 2-3 months straight is just sickening.
    most people have never really done it say they dont know what its like.
    Quote Originally Posted by tren2k14 View Post
    I done it for 6 months it really comes to to will power. You know youíve done it force feeding when you think your going to puke on every bite but you still keep shoveling to grow.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fucking right.

    I did that for about 6-8 months and it gets too be a job for real.

    The things that helped me hold on were mainly variety. Not only is variety in protein sources important for Amino acid profiles and micro nutrients, it helps break the monotony.

    Changing HOW you cook the protein. Bake chicken some weeks, grill it sincee others. Same for fish and such.

    Carbs are easy to eat but, using different spices helps there too. Chicken/beef broth or curry powder in rice, Cinnamon on sweet potatoes and oats. Fresh spices like basil and sage thrown in the rice cooker.

    I just had a conversation with Brutus about water intake around meals. Limiting water not only gives you more space for food, it won't lead to as much distension from sheer volume and, you won't be diluting digestive enzymes either.

    Key here would be you have to enjoy the food you're eating or, man the fuck up and do what needs to be done, or both lol.

  12. #12
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,806

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    110
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    89
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    I just had a conversation with Brutus about water intake around meals. Limiting water not only gives you more space for food, it won't lead to as much distension from sheer volume and, you won't be diluting digestive enzymes either.
    I never drink until I'm done eating. When I first joined the boards someone mentioned this (had a write up but the board is gone) and I've been doing it ever since.

  13. #13
    Wickr: egalois
    galois's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,631

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    986
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    357
    Thanked in
    242 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147473647

    Itís not the constant eating itís the constant shitting.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    ResistingNut's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Caves of Afghanistan
    Posts
    1,856

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    504
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    525
    Thanked in
    404 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by galois View Post
    Itís not the constant eating itís the constant shitting.

    ^^ this. I have been in a surplus and I am literally shitting 6 times a day.

  15. #15
    Board Rep
    BOARD REP
    Bundy74's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,167

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    45
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    240
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by tren2k14 View Post
    I done it for 6 months it really comes to to will power. You know youíve done it force feeding when you think your going to puke on every bite but you still keep shoveling to grow.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shit ive said it on a few occasions but I have so much respect for you guys who can pound it down day in day out over the long haul. I truly dont know if people have really felt that pain so really man much respect to you dudes.

Similar Threads

  1. Eating, Bulking, Eating! Fat Ronnie!
    By Big Ronnie in forum The Pit
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-07-2015, 10:47 AM
  2. Clean Eating vs. Healthy Eating Ė Part 2
    By The Admin in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-19-2015, 08:53 PM
  3. Clean Eating vs. Healthy Eating Ė Part 1
    By The Admin in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2015, 08:40 AM
  4. F--- Eating
    By galois in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-04-2015, 02:58 PM
  5. Are You Eating Enough?
    By The Admin in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-31-2013, 04:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2012-2021 Anabolic Steroid Discussion Forums