• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Need Help!! Back injury Mid Cycle!

Absolut321

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So I'm at a crossroads! Last week I blew out my back. I have history of back pain but it's a completely new injury. Typical L5-S1 rupture pressing my sciatic on the right side.

I'm roughly 3 weeks into a test p/tren a with 5-6 weeks left. I have all pct on hand as I never start a cycle without my full compliment of gear. I've also been running HCG 2x Week @ 300ui each.

My dilemma is to continue the cycle like I want to or start PCT.

I just received my MRI results and they are not looking good. Would it be worth it to drop to a trt dose of test during recover and then pick up tren after?

I've made some serious gains in the 3 weeks 8lbs of lean muscled and a 3% drop in BF. Which I would love to keep!

Thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated!

If it were me I would probably ride it out as long as the tren wasnt fucking with me too much. Hell, who knows maybe it'll help you heal. Do some sciatic nerve stretches when you're able bro and good luck.

If you have results from a mri that say your injured it would be smart to pct if you don't want to fuck up your future. Back injuries suck but gear isn't going to help heal shit like the guy above suggested!

If the prognosis is poor (doctor recommending surgery or saying it will take several months...nerve injuries sometimes do) then forget continuation of the cycle. Get well and heal up. Live for a new day. And should you recover consider serious core work to avoid "blowing out" your back again.

End it brother..dont keep going. If you have a blwn disc or whatever CONFIRMED BY MRI?? What are you thinking??? Hang it up and get better. My gym partner is 47 and is out of the gym everyother month because he never takes the god damn time to heal. He just got back today from hip pain and did squats..i bet you $100 i wont see him in the gym for another fuckin month
....sorry about the rant...pisses me off.

Well don't I look like the dumbass of this thread lol I thought I read he has 3 weeks LEFT.

Thanks for the input guys.. Yeah I'm gonna start pct here the next week. Last pin Sunday. I've been dealing with back pain in general same location for 5 years and have lifted through out... Just a weak link in the chain I guess.. Def gonna redesign my core program.. I thought it was good but obviously not stable enough! Thanks All I appreciate it!

I've been dealing with back issues since I was 19. I was diagnosed with spondylolysthesis of the L5. My back has flared up ever since then every time I squat and deadlift when I train NATURAL. At first I thought I was fucked for sure because I was always into the BIG 3 LIFTS. I was a competitive powerlifter. My first recommendation is to take care of that back. Let it heal. There's always going to be more gear to do down the line but you've only got ONE BACK! Treat that sum bitch right! Here's something to keep into consideration when you decide to saddle back up once your back is healed. Now I understand everyones different but I've found out FOR OWN SELF that when I use deca during my cycles I can do squats and deadlifts until the fucking cows come home. Just my 2 cents.

Im gonna start with my history, former competative power lifter, played college football (offensive line) small division 2 school. At 16 i herniated L4 L5, bulging L3 L4 and L5 S1. I am now a registered nurse for 10 years. Bulging, herniated, and ruptured are all different things. Rupture being the most severe and dangerous. Ruptured = surgery and messed up shit the rest of your life. With my condition the big three lifts, cleans, deadlifts, and tradtional squats are out of the question. I have rehabed myself over the years, went to physical therapy for 6 months after the injury, Surgery was recommended and I declined. I do not put any undo stress on my lumbar. I do modified front squats on a cable machine. I work out the rest of my body using as much weight as I can safely tolerate, I do plenty of core work to keep things strong. I can do some leg press machines. Some back work like seated rows bother me. I would tell you to let the back rest and heal. You can do chest and arm work and leg work on a machine. No deads, cleans or squats. As far as stopping you cycle, I would if I had a ruptured disc, If it is just bulging or herniated I would rest a little, stay away from lumbar stress and do every thing else. Use the machines and take it easy on the free weights, Loading and racking free weights stress the lumbar.

IML Gear Cream!
@miznike thanks for the advice man! Yeah I've been dealing with back issues for about 5 years. I'm a firefighter and beat the shit out of my body for only being 30.. Sucks... Currently I'm scheduled for three spinal injections over the next 6 weeks with the first shot on Friday... I'm currently working on rewriting my leg workouts and back program to try to take the lumbar out. Def gonna avoid the big three. Nice to hear from guys who have been in my shoes

@wannabeswole interesting? Deca seems to help you even with that history? Last deca cycle I did I had no injuries so that's definitely something I might try next cycle! Thanks for the the advice! I'm def gonna give it some time to heal and take care of my back!

The worst part about it is I still have no idea what caused it... oh well.. Thanks everyone for the support and advice. I'll let you all know how it goes. Currently I'm feeling a lot better but that could be the pain meds.. Lol

I have had several steroid (anti-inflamatory) injections (epidurals) and I did not find them very helpful personally. I do not get them anymore. If my back flares up is just take motrin and rest. I use Bengay too. rub on the Bengay, put seran wrap over it, then sit with an ice pack. I bought some of those nice gel ice packs that are used a physical therapy places. If I do that over night I feel pretty good in the morning. I just stay away from the lumbar stressors. Good luck to you brother. Also stay away from the pain pills. They are crap and only lead to other problems while only masking the pain.

Hey bro, I feel your pain , iv been in your position before, to much to list but basically I broke my back. Was scared to have surgery, did some research & found A guy named Louie Simmons, he runs westside barbell in Columbus Ohio, he developed a piece of equipment called a reverse hyper extension, I rehabbed my back on this thing , I can squat, deadlift, & do anything I want , I use this thing twice a week every week & never have any back issues, tons of core work also, Google him & do some research, you won't regret it. Good luck

I'm in the same situation, mid cycle, first recomp, going great and throw out my back! I'm 12 years into a degenerated l5-s1 (every disc actually but ghats the worst). Im used to the back pain, nerve pain, tingling & numbness in legs etc but this time something is different. Not sure how I would know if I ruptured it but if I sit on the toilet for 3 minutes I can't feel my legs and either my girl helps me or I use the counters and walls to get to the next room. No insurance, being sued over hospital bills ATM so I'm not going there. I have an appointment to be referred to pain management finally after turning down surgery for years. I'm just going to stick it out at the time being but depending what your MRI showed I'd follow the given advise & trt.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I'm in the same situation, mid cycle, first recomp, going great and throw out my back! I'm 12 years into a degenerated l5-s1 (every disc actually but ghats the worst). Im used to the back pain, nerve pain, tingling & numbness in legs etc but this time something is different. Not sure how I would know if I ruptured it but if I sit on the toilet for 3 minutes I can't feel my legs and either my girl helps me or I use the counters and walls to get to the next room. No insurance, being sued over hospital bills ATM so I'm not going there. I have an appointment to be referred to pain management finally after turning down surgery for years. I'm just going to stick it out at the time being but depending what your MRI showed I'd follow the given advise & trt.

from my experience sounds like you ruptured the disk or further herniated. Don't do the laser treatment center crap

from my experience sounds like you ruptured the disk or further herniated. Don't do the laser treatment center crap
My Dr when I had insurance suggested I might make it 2 years or so on pain management before emergency surgery came into play. He wasn't sure but thought they may want to fuse them? Of course that was 2 1/² years ago ..... Of course he would send me straight to the surgury center, but a pain pill? Absolutely not! Drs suck. I suppose if I ruptured it I'll know in time soon enough?

Thanks for all the responses guys. Had my first of three spine injection yesterday... Actually feeling amazing.. Like night and day... I've got some of those really nice ice packs too and have been icing like crazy... Still going to be playing it super safe tho and staying with my plan to pct then just build a new cycle.. Since I've been dealing with this back pain for 5 years these docs have given me everything.. I've got a quality Tens unit and multiple forms of back braces... So I'm set there... But taking the Bengay route I've had this prescription type called lidopro... That shit is amazing for everything... Lol even used it on pip before... But def playing it safe .. Since the shot I havnt need any pain meds so that's awesome... And try a super light modified workout tomorrow at the firehouse and see how it goes.. Doc told me to go to work but be super careful.. Which is sometimes hard to do especially in my line of work... But thanks again everyone I appreciate it! Stay safe!

Glad the injections seem to be working well for you! They helped my back pain a lot but didn't do much in the way for the tingling & numbness in my legs. At that time that was my greater concern, these days my tune may be a bit different lol.

Back