• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

500mg/ml L-carnitine homebrew

Shlux

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey everyone. I found time today to do my 60ml L-carnitine brew at 500mg/ml and I think it turned out pretty well. I owe @01dragonslayer props for this one because I roughly copied his method.

Supplies -
30ml sterile vials
100ml cylinder
Stir rod
32ml distilled water
.9ml BA
30g L-Carnitine Base
20ml syringe
18g blunt fill needle
25g needle
1ml slin pin
Isopropyl
Alcohol swabs

I washed my 100ml cylinder, glass stiring rod, and work tray with soap and water, then 70% isopropyl and let it sit a few minutes. I then rinsed everything off with distilled water.

Once everything was fairly dry I drew 20 then 12ml distilled water with my 20ml syringe and put it in the 100ml cylinder. Then with the slin pin I drew .9ml BA and also put it in the cylinder and gave it a swirl.

I then set the cylinder on my 2 point scale and added 10g of L-car at a time while stirring (i noticed once I dumped the second 10g portion in it turned into what looked like a crack rock and it didn't want to dissolve) So i threw it in the microwave for 20 seconds, it only took a minute of stirring and it dissolved into the water. Added the 3rd 10g portion, stirred, good to go.

At this point I realized I was a bit shy of 60ml so I added 2ml distilled water.

I had 2 sterile 30ml vials, wiped off the top with a alcohol swab and stuck my 25g breather in and my 18g blunt fill with ,22um PES syringe filter. I then drew up my L-car solution and filtered it into my vials.

So far so good, its clear and holding 4 hours later. I pinned 1ml an hour after and no issues.

Looks like a success

Shlux

Registered Member
Reaction score
Fantastic brotha. So simple to make and much more cost effective.

Love the professional looking labels.
Thanks man! I appreciate your post. It was straightforward and helped alot. This was my first go with L-car