• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

5 on 2 off vs Daily

Lar7251

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Anyone with experience running both methods care to share their preference? I've been running 3iu daily for 6 months. Honestly, I can't say that I've noticed any of the GH benefits. Thinking about giving 4.5iu 5 on 2 off a shot so I'm increasing the dose, but going through a similar amount.

What benefits were you looking to notice? How old are you? What else were you running and what were your goals during the six months? Did you blood test what you ran during that 6 months (serum, IGF-1) and a baseline beforehand?

When I go off for at least a month and start back on I can feel some effects the same day, actually an hour after the shot I get amped up feeling and more energy like taking a pre-workout. Then I put on about 1lb a day for the first week and get a big pump in the gym. Week two the pumps continue but the pre-workout effects start to wane, also the weight gain slows down. Weeks 3+ i get more vascular and slowly get leaner. I take at least 4 weeks off every 3 or 4 months.

What benefits were you looking to notice? How old are you? What else were you running and what were your goals during the six months? Did you blood test what you ran during that 6 months (serum, IGF-1) and a baseline beforehand?

I'm looking to notice any and all of the reported benefits. I've got some nagging shoulder and elbow problems I wouldn't mind seeing improved. I've ran TB-500 and BPC-157 that's helped with those. Improvements in sleep, fat loss, and lean mass growth. Or improved appearance of hair, skin, and nails. I can't say I've noticed a significant affect one way or another with any of those, but I also understand my dose isn't that high. That's why I'm asking for experiences with the 5 on 2 off method so I can bump it up. I've ran MK-677 for several months before. It bloated me and made me hungrier than I wanted to be, but it improved my skin a lot. That's the only thing I noticed from it. So it's not worth the sides to me. Even tried running it lower and alongside GH but immediately noticed the bloat and dropped it.

Current age is 34. I was on a blast when I started. Currently cruising. It's worth mentioning that I've put on about 20Ibs of lean mass in that time frame. Went from 200-205 and now at 220-225 after going all the way up to 235. It was also my first cycle in about 8 years and included 12 weeks of Tren/Mast/Test. Then another 10 weeks of Test at 500mg/week, with various orals Var, Tbol, Superdrol, and injectable Winstrol throughout the 22 weeks. Giving my body a lengthy break after that doozy.

Never got bloods on GH. It's been 3 different sources. I was suspect of the first one, but I got it from a good source. The past couple of months have been Iron Lion orange tops.

I suppose you could say that GH could've contributed in some way there, cause my goals have been a success. But back to your original question. I guess I'm looking mostly for improvements in sleep, fat loss when I cut, and appearance. I've attributed the quick lean mass gains to the other stuff.

I would give the 5 on 2 off a try, don't think you'll see a dramatic difference but you might like it better.
This method is supposed to help with blood sugar too since prolonged use can raise it

This method is supposed to help with blood sugar too since prolonged use can raise it

Yes basically a reduction in side effects is the reason for a 5 on 2 off schedule

If you're concerned about sides such as blood sugar or anti bodies, eod dosing is the better option.

5 on 2 off doesn't change much at all in terms of sides besides, the price of running gh.

The two days off, after, igf levels are elevated (4 weeks on every day dosing) won't cause the igf to drop much if any at all.

To your point of which will work better, they'll will both be similar and I doubt you'll notice any difference.

I would suggest a single dose either first thing in the morning or about an hour pre workout.

If you choose to dose pre workout, you can also try splitting your entire weekly dose, if you're gonna run 22iu a week, evenly only on training days.

So if you want to use say 5iu every day, and you train 4 days, use 7.5iu pre workout and so on. This is how I prefer gh when I get into higher doses.

Last edited:
If you're concerned about sides such as blood sugar or anti bodies, eod dosing is the better option.

5 on 2 off doesn't change much at all in terms of sides besides, the price of running gh.

The two days off, after, igf levels are elevated (4 weeks on every day dosing) won't cause the igf to drop much if any at all.

To your point of which will work better, they'll will both be similar and I doubt you'll notice any difference.

I would suggest a single dose either first thing in the morning or about an hour pre workout.

If you choose to dose pre workout, you can also try splitting your entire weekly dose, if you're gonna run 22iu a week, evenly only on training days.

So if you want to use say 5iu every day, and you train 4 days, use 7.5iu pre workout and so on. This is how I prefer gh when I get into higher doses.

Appreciate the informative response. I'm not really worried about sides. Just trying to notice some benefits that I can attribute to the GH specifically considering the amount I spend on it. I'm giving the 5 on 2 off method a shot so I can up the dose to 4.5iu while using the same approximate amount. I like your other idea of dosing on workout days, but I do a constant 6 day rotation and don't take days off till I start to feel run down. So this would be more days for me.

I have always felt that the way you look is more a result of what you were doing from 1 month ago to 2 months ago. And even longer. So, I feel like the cumulative average of

gh is the more important aspect. So, I agree mostly with the total iu per week. I am not advocating a 35iu once weekly protocol. I honestly think ed dosing is simply worth it.

Unless you can’t afford it or are trying to give your natural response time to produce it’s own chemicals and stabilize itself.

I truly prefer REHH’s protocol of 3-4 months on and 1 month off. Imagine taking dianabol 5 days on and 2 days off. I know we are talking a completely different animal,

but I just think stable blood levels will yield the best results as long as side effects and budget don’t restrict you.

Last edited:
Back