• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

1st cycle lets be real

Wiseguy

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Ok I am 57 and been on gear for over 30 years. Pretty much done all kinds of cycles, continue to compete in Masters and learned a lot and made tons of mistakes along the way. I want honest answers here please.
When I started my first cycle there were no blood test, chat boards, youtube, instagram. You just knew a guy at the gym or drove down to TJ got your self 16 syranges of redi-inject Sust 250 with horse needles.
Now every time I see someone posting a first cycle, 19 following replies are " I need your stats" or " Did you do your blood work".
I always laugh at this. How many actually did their blood work on their very first cycle? How do you decide what is good for anyone based on their stats? IMO the person who decided to jump in is going to jump in regardless. I remember guys in high school at the end of school year at 140 pounds and return for football 3 months later at 185 pound with a flannel shirt and construction booths.

Anyway long story short blood work yes absolutely at more advance levels where you are mixing compounds or older. First cycle I don't think it matters because you are already committed.

So did you do your blood work before your first cycle?

Onidus

SB Labs
Board Rep
Reaction score
Nope lol my first pin was in my camaro at a hardees parking lot 10 years ago by a friend who grabbed me a few bottles of test e and gave me 1 needle and 1 syringe 😬

Wiseguy

Registered Member
Reaction score
Nope lol my first pin was in my camaro at a hardees parking lot 10 years ago by a friend who grabbed me a few bottles of test e and gave me 1 needle and 1 syringe 😬
Thank you for your honesty.

Onidus

SB Labs
Board Rep
Reaction score
Thank you for your honesty.
I've learned alot from people like yourself over the years. Thankful for the guidance and helpful people I've met through forums cause without it I would have been lost 🙏

Wiseguy

Registered Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention. Every muscle head back in the day had a copy of Dan Douchaines Steroids bible in the back pocket. LOL I might still have mine some where in the garage. I loved reading that thing over and over again.

CastorTroy01

They/Them
Registered Member
Reaction score
Ok I am 57 and been on gear for over 30 years. Pretty much done all kinds of cycles, continue to compete in Masters and learned a lot and made tons of mistakes along the way. I want honest answers here please.
When I started my first cycle there were no blood test, chat boards, youtube, instagram. You just knew a guy at the gym or drove down to TJ got your self 16 syranges of redi-inject Sust 250 with horse needles.
Now every time I see someone posting a first cycle, 19 following replies are " I need your stats" or " Did you do your blood work".
I always laugh at this. How many actually did their blood work on their very first cycle? How do you decide what is good for anyone based on their stats? IMO the person who decided to jump in is going to jump in regardless. I remember guys in high school at the end of school year at 140 pounds and return for football 3 months later at 185 pound with a flannel shirt and construction booths.

Anyway long story short blood work yes absolutely at more advance levels where you are mixing compounds or older. First cycle I don't think it matters because you are already committed.

Not before but I did do during and after.

Wiseguy

Registered Member
Reaction score
Not before but I did do during and after.
Understood. First time you decide to do gear at least for many its for size and looks. You could have told me anything you wanted to back than and I was going to do gear anyway. As we get older the importance of the blood work takes over. You learn to make adjustments and take care of your organs.

My point is firs timers at least most are not going to do blood work or even understand what they are looking at. So what your lipids are little high? Or your test level is naturally at 800 you want it to be at 3000. So this do your blood work and let tell me know your status before I tell you do 500mg of test followed by nolva pct is pointless.

They'll figure it out like we all did without internet.

CastorTroy01

They/Them
Registered Member
Reaction score
Understood. First time you decide to do gear at least for many its for size and looks. You could have told me anything you wanted to back than and I was going to do gear anyway. As we get older the importance of the blood work takes over. You learn to make adjustments and take care of your organs.

My point is firs timers at least most are not going to do blood work or even understand what they are looking at. So what your lipids are little high? Or your test level is naturally at 800 you want it to be at 3000. So this do your blood work and let tell me know your status before I tell you do 500mg of test followed by nolva pct is pointless.

They'll figure it out like we all did without internet.

Yessir I agree on all counts.

People who sit up on their pedestal and fingerwag about it are just being gatekeeping assholes. It’s pretty transparent imho.

dale.c

OG
Registered Member
Reaction score
I didn’t and once i started pinning i didn’t ever stop but now that I’ve come completely off and gotten TRT i know my baseline and i think that’s what getting bloods at first is really good for.
Got my first two vials of cyp from a old friend in Ponte Vedra and having never done gear before i used a slin pin that took forever to push through

Wiseguy

Registered Member
Reaction score
Yessir I agree on all counts.

People who sit up on their pedestal and fingerwag about it are just being gatekeeping assholes. It’s pretty transparent imho.
Unfortunately true and sadly most are copy pasting what others are saying and they don’t even follow their own advise .

Glycomann

Registered Member
Reaction score
Hay Wiseguy,

I am a few years older than you. I remember those days. Everyone save 0.000002% survived and got way way bigger and stronger on 1/4 the gear. It's the tims man. We were made tougher. At my age I do plenty of blood work and health monitoring.

Wiseguy

Registered Member
Reaction score
Hay Wiseguy,

I am a few years older than you. I remember those days. Everyone save 0.000002% survived and got way way bigger and stronger on 1/4 the gear. It's the tims man. We were made tougher. At my age I do plenty of blood work and health monitoring.
Yea my friend. I do my blood work regularly and pay attention to every marker as everyone should specially at our age.
Amy point is first cycles. Does anyone actually do blood work the very first one they want to do gear? I Highly doubt it

CoachCabo

Registered Member
Reaction score
I too started over 30 years ago. But on my trip to TJ I bought some dbol and Deca redijects. My first cycle was 50mg/day dbol and two of those miserable fucking weak ass harpoons per week. I tapered up and tapered down, no PCT. I got results. Significant results…which I kept.

But no one told me to wait until I reached my natyral potential. No one said that I needed to eat over everything else. There were no protein powders, only soy protein at the hippie store. No one asked me about my health or gave me sound advice about cycles.
All of these things would have been welcomed and I know now the truths.

So when some dude comes on here asking about first cycles, it is upon me (and some others) to admonish them to get blood tests prior, to wait until the have exhausted their natural potential AND that drugs are 5%, maybe 10% at best. Doing these crazy cycles is not only cavalier, but dangerous, ESPECIALLY for someone who hasn’t been around the block.

Even in my entire time being an infrequent user of gear, I have never just thought that “more is better”. Far from it.

A 25 year old coming here with a chubby or even a swimmer’s body that in no time is doing grams of gear a week won’t be doing so for decades. IF they do, they will be either very fortunate OR riddled with health issues.

But no one needs to listen to me. I’m just one more opinionated internet asshole.

p.s. Every client who wants to do the PED thing is encouraged not to and if so, blood work is mandatory.

Wiseguy

Registered Member
Reaction score
I too started over 30 years ago. But on my trip to TJ I bought some dbol and Deca redijects. My first cycle was 50mg/day dbol and two of those miserable fucking weak ass harpoons per week. I tapered up and tapered down, no PCT. I got results. Significant results…which I kept.

But no one told me to wait until I reached my natyral potential. No one said that I needed to eat over everything else. There were no protein powders, only soy protein at the hippie store. No one asked me about my health or gave me sound advice about cycles.
All of these things would have been welcomed and I know now the truths.

So when some dude comes on here asking about first cycles, it is upon me (and some others) to admonish them to get blood tests prior, to wait until the have exhausted their natural potential AND that drugs are 5%, maybe 10% at best. Doing these crazy cycles is not only cavalier, but dangerous, ESPECIALLY for someone who hasn’t been around the block.

Even in my entire time being an infrequent user of gear, I have never just thought that “more is better”. Far from it.

A 25 year old coming here with a chubby or even a swimmer’s body that in no time is doing grams of gear a week won’t be doing so for decades. IF they do, they will be either very fortunate OR riddled with health issues.

But no one needs to listen to me. I’m just one more opinionated internet asshole.

p.s. Every client who wants to do the PED thing is encouraged not to and if so, blood work is mandatory.

Wiseguy

Registered Member
Reaction score
I respect your opinion and advise. There are few people in this site that give legit advise and they follow it too. Again, in my opinion most don’t and the first timer is going to a cycle no matter what we say. I do get plenty of pm’s which leads me to believe they are serious and I help them, but going back to blood work before a first cycle? I still think majority or almost all don’t before a first cycle.

samgraves82

Board Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score

I did but it wasn't for health reasons. It was just out of curiosity. Luckily I did cause test was 112ng and only 36yo at the time. But I agree with you 100%

Pathadden

Registered Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah first cycle didn't know shit. Still didn't know anything for a long time. Took what ever I could get. No blood test no pct. Dbol only at times. Before tren was a big thing in my area at least I would crush up the Fina pellets and snort them. Finally got a conversion kit and lot of funny mistakes made there too. I know all stupid. Just being honest about the beginnings.

Matt88

Registered Member
Reaction score
Couldn't even begin to tell you what my natural test level was prior to starting gear. I mean I feel like it was low bc I had low test symptoms but who knows.

I sure as shit hadn't tapped into much of my natural potential either b4 I started. I really didn't learn proper diet till after I started on gear 🤷‍♂️

Would I do it differently if I knew then what I knew now? Of course but I'm sure as shit not going back to natty now 🤷‍♂️

I LOVE being on test. Truly love how it makes me feel. I'm in for the long haul.

frank zazz

Super duper mod
Registered Member
Reaction score
I did blood work on my first cycle but not before . People would be a lot better off getting blood work for many reasons and not just the “hey my dick doesn’t work is my e2 high or low” . It is wise to get pre cycle bloods to see where your levels are . You could very well be low and want to get on trt instead of doing a pct that doesn’t work and than feeling like shit long term not to mention it’s a great way to see if your test is actually dosed where it should be

Bolan

Registered Member
Reaction score
Never did, until my kid was born....a solid 10 yrs with sporadic blood work. In your 20's you dont give a shit... getting older makes you wiser.

Skinnyguy180

vv mine
Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
yeah I never got bloods before my first cycle. I didnt care about what my test levels were. I started using gear for rehab. My progress was slow after a bad car accident and I wanted to ditch the cane and walker. progress was fast after that, way to fast.... I decided to stay on for a year because it was working and I wanted my life back. I was getting bloods while on but before made no difference to me. I went from using a walker to squatting 315 in a year. When I tried to come off though my test level was so low it was laughable.

Got back on for a while. went through infertility and was off gear for a year and test never got above 212. I wouldn't change any of it. I got three kids. I got my life back. now I just have to pin once a week, donate blood and get blood tests... Though who knows how many years I knocked off my life at this point. but that was like a decade ago now.

MonsterMaker

Registered Member
Reaction score
I’ll be back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Venom2333

Registered Member
Reaction score
Bloods are good for verification but really once you commit, you're already going to be working harder anyways

zionoir626

Registered Member
Reaction score
Hell 20+ yrs ago,no one knew what an AI was....the Steroid Bible..Bill P....Dan D...
MM2000...trial by fire..and don't forget the $$$...damn..150.oo to 175.oo for a bottle of 200 Cyp..

Damn lucky some of didn't die..some did..
Any remember Gorm..??
Football players dropping dead..rare brain disease..

But Times are different..WWW..Iphones..SpaceX..
The Wiser Man would take a more educated approach,more informed with helpful advice from a well aged users to get the best/safest results possible..
Z...

Wiseguy

Registered Member
Reaction score
Great feed back and I appreciate the honesty. As I am older and wiser I pay tons of attention to my blood work and do it regularly. To my original point, IMO the first time user and I am not talking about a legitimate TRT prescription, Doesn't care or know anything about their bloods. They are determined to take gear and no matter what you said they are going to do it.
Will they learn and get better at it, yes just like rest of us. Their advantage is social media and plenty of places to get info, but unfortunately that's still too much work for them.

MonsterMaker

Registered Member
Reaction score
I’ve only got bloods twice but I’ve only been in the game for a little over a year. First time between my first and second cycle while cruising and second time during my second just to check for estrogen levels. I’m honestly don’t know much about how to interpret a full panel. I aughta learn tho seeing as I’ve already had health issues related to AAS (presumedly)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hot rod

Registered Member
Reaction score
Didn't even know u could get blood tests. This was in early 80s. Did test, d- bol and var. Gained 33lbs. Couldn't wear anything but sweats. Looked like the Michelin man-lol. But got strong as he'll. Oh the good old days- just didn't give a shit. Now I have to- if I want to stay alive. ( got the gear from my buds dad's pharmacy- probably the only time I ever have done 100% REAL juice-lol)