• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

anyone in the military out there....

irishbrah69

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
What are your chances of not being able to enlist because of a misdemeanor? Well in this case technically 2 one sealed from y.o. status back in the day and one recently but it was dropped.

Depends on what branch you want to join. The army will take you and probably the marines but air force probably not. Just talk to your recruiter and let him know right off the bat and he will see what he can do for you. They are trying to get recruits to boot so they will do everything they can.

I got in to the army.. With way way way more than that. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not in the current state of the branches. They are a lot more strict since they aren't trying to get people to join anymore. Tats near the elbow will disqualify you now as well as a GED. Def not as easy as it used to be. I'm talking mainly about the army btw. The other forces will be harder.

I have one tattoo on my shoulder. I have more than a misdemeanor and I got in very recently. All about that waiver

But like previous post says. It's a bitch. Disqualified from MEPS 3 times before I got in.

As in the last year you got in? Remember the drawdown took a major turn this past 6-8 months.

Yeah

well a few years ago i was in work release and did 4 years was at the end dude said that he would go to the judge get all my charges droped and me off probation with phelonies i have ged to and could still go, but i don't see why not is this something you really want to do tho theres stuff i'm not putting up on here but if you pm me that my boy see and did and saw his fellow soldiers do that fucks him up in his head bad like i said be sure and pm me if you want bro

Last edited:
Good luck getting in irish, and good luck with your army career snor. I got off active duty in 2004. I'm so freaking glad I went straight after high school and got it over with. I was in OEF 1 and OIF 1. I had some good times but honestly I would never volunteer for that shit again. If you can't get a good job (mos) think twice about it bro. I thought I was tough so I signed up for the infantry. The problem is combat jobs don't mean anything when you get out. You won't be qualified to do anything in the real world. I ended up a homeless vet for a few years. Choose a job you can do after you get out.

IML Gear Cream!
I chose 11xray.

That makes me feel marvelous. I have a family though, so I was LATMOVE to a new mos after 4-8 years. It's peace time pretty much so.

Good luck getting in irish, and good luck with your army career snor. I got off active duty in 2004. I'm so freaking glad I went straight after high school and got it over with. I was in OEF 1 and OIF 1. I had some good times but honestly I would never volunteer for that shit again. If you can't get a good job (mos) think twice about it bro. I thought I was tough so I signed up for the infantry. The problem is combat jobs don't mean anything when you get out. You won't be qualified to do anything in the real world. I ended up a homeless vet for a few years. Choose a job you can do after you get out.

I agree. 0311 here been in for 4 years and getting out soon and I'm glad I joined the infantry as well but damn does it come with a whole bunch of extra shit you don't expect when you are first joining. If you plan on being a cop or something I guess it would help, but not if you are going to college for a science of exercise degree. Much luck to you.

Ground pounders never join for the marketability. It's for the awesomeness. Oh and the ass kickery at least was my excuse initially before I changed.

Ground pounders never join for the marketability. It's for the awesomeness. Oh and the ass kickery at least was my excuse initially before I changed.

Fucken A right brotha ... I'm a former 0311/0321 and was in in the early '90's, deployed to Somalia for Operation Restore Hope .... I never expected to get out and get a great job, just wanted to try to live up to my dad and uncles before me who kicked ass and took names in Vietnam ... and help pay for my last two years of college. I entertained the idea of going back after college as an officer but decided I didnt want to be sleeping in the dirt and humping the hills of Camp Pendleton for the rest of my natural life. I have nothing but respect for the guys who do though. Anyone thinking about enlisting should really do their homework ... there are some really fun jobs in the military but very few will be able to transfer into a civilian career so keep that in mind ... if you go in to test yourself and have some fun without super high expectations you'll be alright ... I hear the college plans they have now are fucken unreal too.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I will lat move*

Still gotta be a dickswinger for my first four years.

Thanks everyone for the responses, i mean i actually just got a great job here in the states but its always something i've wanted to do but idfk i have a lot of buddies that are out there now some say they love it some say they hate it. Realistically i'm the kinda guy that would sign up just for the rush of it all but i know thats no reason to go in. I'll def be looking into it but i'm not going to just march on to a recruiters office and tell them to sign me up and ship me off right away lol. My good buddys actually a Staff Sarg. down at the local recruitment center i've known the guy since i was 15 (btw hes a fellow juicer!:p) so i'll prob end up talking to him and seeing whats up and what kinda stuff i can get myself into

Back