• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Spotify Removes Neil Young's Music After His Joe Rogan COVID-19 Ultimatum

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Neil Young's catalog is no longer streaming on Spotify -- the rock legend told the platform it couldn't have him AND Joe Rogan, so Neil's gone ... but he's already found another home.

Young essentially gave Spotify an ultimatum earlier this week, claiming it's allowing Rogan to spread misinformation about COVID-19 on his immensely popular podcast. In a letter to his managers, he wrote, "They can have Rogan or Young. Not both."

Not shockingly, Spotify chose Rogan -- with whom it has a $100 million deal -- but it also responded to Neil's criticism about misinformation. Spotify says it's actually removed 20,000 clips containing false COVID-19 info since the start of the pandemic.

Meanwhile, SiriusXM is seizing on all the Neil buzz this week ... announcing it's relaunching Neil Young Radio -- a channel spinning his catalog 24/7 -- for the next month. BTW, you can still find his music on other streaming platforms too.

Source: https://www.tmz.com/2022/01/27/spotify-removes-neil-young-music-joe-rogan-covid-ultimatum/

Attachments

• 01147056875d473b895e652abcb8f22d_md.jpg
    01147056875d473b895e652abcb8f22d_md.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 79
SiriusXM is welcoming Neil Young with his own channel

I think Neil Young needs to stop watching CNN and find a real news channel. He's obviously brainwashed into narrow-minded left wing thinking. I think its laughable that he thought they would pick him over Joe Rogan.

They want to kill Rogan and stop him from spreading the truth at all cost.

I feel like Neil is pulling a toddler temper tantrum. I mean what would have been next, my dad can beat up your dad? I seen where other artists are jumping on his band wagon supporting him except for David Dramin from Disturbed. What gets me is Neil was all about freedom of speech back in the day. Now it looks like he's for freedom of speech if it agrees with his views. I don't see why he didn't bring it up to Spotify to look into what was being put out on their platform and let them make the decision if Joe needed pulled or not. I haven't personally listened to any Neil Young in awhile so nothing lost on my part. Neil just wanted to be a bully and it didn't work out for him.

I never personally cared for Neil Young but listened to a bunch of bands that were influenced by him. Obviously Neil isn't listening to what Joe is saying only what news outlets are saying. Joe is having open discussions over the vaccine mostly concerning possible negative aspects that the news isn't covering very much of while encouraging people to get healthy/take supplements. And giving people a voice when they've been de platformed from social media for being critical over the vaccine.

I think Neil Young needs to stop watching CNN and find a real news channel. He's obviously brainwashed into narrow-minded left wing thinking. I think its laughable that he thought they would pick him over Joe Rogan.

He’sfrom that whole hippy generation!! Hes always been a left wing nut!! And hes from Canada.

In this moment, Rogan has more power, influence and brings in more money then Neil Young.

If it were the other way around? Rogan would go...

It's always about the money.

This is why entertainers need to stfu about their political views. They automatically alienate half their fan base.

Neil's music was alright. Probably his best song, imo:

LeBron...play Bball
Neil..try to sing

Stay in your lane...
OH..Joe..eat ice cream
Z...

Attachments

• Jim and Jean_People World_LP_Jean.jpg
    Jim and Jean_People World_LP_Jean.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 36
Multislacking...love you bro.

BUT IDK how the heck you are so active on this forum?? Since I have joined I have never seen a more active moderator.

You have a legit job or anything?

Multislacking...love you bro.

BUT IDK how the heck you are so active on this forum?? Since I have joined I have never seen a more active moderator.

You have a legit job or anything?

lol

Why do you think I took the handle "multislacking"? I may have started the coasting to retirement a little early though. We'll see.

Niel Young is a nasly, obnoxious and boring singer that is a politically correct cunt going back to the 70s.

I loved it when Lynyrd Skynyrd took him to task with the sweet home Alabama song.

BTW, SiriusXM is circling the drain with revenue growth and profit margin lagging hard. Meanwhile, I think in Spotify's last quarterly report they grew 170% in just one year.

Who's the loser in this pissing contest?

Really, just really unfuckingbelievable. You saw here it first. If you go down the rabbit hole, you keep seeing the same few rabbits. Was surprising to see these tied together though. They have removed the audio on youtube...probably to avoid copyright infringement.

Twitter original with audio:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1486917368253136898

The conspiracy nutter that made that video above was right.

Hipgnosis has the rights to Neil's music
https://www.npr.org/2021/01/08/954788608/investment-firm-buys-rights-to-neil-youngs-music-catalog

In October 2021 The Blackstone Group, an alternative investment management company, announced that it would partner with Mercuriadis to invest $1bn US to acquire song catalogues and music rights. It also announced that Blackstone would take an ownership stake in Hipgnosis Song Management.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hipgnosis_Songs_Fund#2021:_Valuation,_Blackstone_Group_Investment

Blackstone Announces Appointment of Jeffrey B. Kindler, Former Chairman and CEO of Pfizer, as Senior Advisor
https://www.blackstone.com/news/pre...chairman-and-ceo-of-pfizer-as-senior-advisor/

Not connected at all, i'm sure...

Attachments

• FKM6aGDX0AMun1c.jpg
    FKM6aGDX0AMun1c.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 11
  • FKM6aRNX0AUSihM.jpg
    FKM6aRNX0AUSihM.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 10
Now Joni Mitchell

Another irrelevant has been. Good riddance you fucking communist cancel culture cunt.

Waiting for a few more.

James Taylor probably

However, this is a revenue source for these assholes. So idk.

I think Niel got what he was looking for, we are talking about him and he was pretty much forgotten. The real irony tho it Niel is a protest anthem artist yet he chose the side of government here. I wonder what young niel would say about this old niel. probably call him a corporate sellout

Back