• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

from obesity to anorexia, and back again. FORUM INTRO/PED"s use questions

Willy_Bird

Reaction score
Get Shredded!
A TL;DR will be provided at the bottom.

Hello this is some background about my journey, current self, and then some. I am 24 Y/O 6'2 M at 285 going to the gym 5-6 days a week depending on school. I was about 388 pounds at 18 Y/O the heaviest of my senior year in high school before I started focusing on health. I rapidly lost weight once I started caring about my calorie intake, as well as 3 times per week seasons with a trainer. I was about 250 when I switched from a mix of cardio/CrossFit (whatever the trainer had me doing) to solo lifting at the gym. By the time I was late 19-20 I developed eating disorder in order to faster loose weight going from 250 to my lowest at 155. As you can imagine, this was ROUGH on my body and despite working out 6 days a week I was weak as hell. At my lowest my skin started to become jaundiced from the beating I was giving myself, so another change was in order. I kicked the bulimia habit with some professional psychiatric help, and starting eating right. I slowly gained weight and mass until I was 22 when the pandemic hit. By this time I was 185 pounds, and doing pretty well for myself physically.

Fast forward through late 2019 - late 2021 and I was 295! I didn't workout at all during the lockdown, and I subsisted off of at least 2 ben and jerry pints a week (in my defense I work health care, and have been going grey since covid kicked off). As I continue on my journey I've accepted that this weight gain in a way was a blessing instead of a curse. Instead of eating then vomiting everything I ate , I am responsibly cutting from 295 to 240 after spending some time at 290 lifting weights and getting strong. DL 425x5 SQT 425x8 BP 265x6 I don't really care for shit 1-rep maxes so here's some digits I can comfortably lift. Despite making excellent progress, I have been doing some reading into PED's in my free time.

When I was new to the scene I genuinely thought that the enhanced physiques I saw on the internet, were obtainable by diet/exercise alone. This defiantly contributed to my eating disorder, and still effects how I see myself to this day. As I work towards my goal of 240 pounds, I am deeply considering a cycle to dip my foot in the water and see what I can do.

My question to ya'll as I'd like to hear some of your input is to when/if I should cycle. I know some say not to cycle if you are above 13% BF, but from what I've seen this is said mainly because of the assumption that you are inexperienced with the gym/diets at that point. Is there actually backing behind this rule, if so do share!

The best,

Willy

TL;DR Was fat, lost fat, got an eating disorder, became a skinnyfat jaundiced abomination, got healthy/gained some muscle, GOT FAT AGAIN, going back on the weight loss journey responsibly, wanna take steroids.

I’d get baseline testosterone blood work done first.

Before I considered jumping on any cycle… at 24 years old your taking a chance on having low t (if you don’t already). You gotta ask yourself… do you want to depend on exogenous testosterone your entire life? You ok with sticking needles in your body one to two times a week for the next 40-60 years?

then after you get your baseline test I’d start collecting post cycle therapy ancillaries, estrogen control, etc…

then if I still wanted to do it… test only at 500mg per week for 12-16 weeks… then come off completely and get more blood work done. And make an informed decision regarding your future and PEDs…

Milford knows what he’s talking about man. Get blood work and dial in a healthy diet plan to cut the fat (thats the hard part for me) work your ass off in the gym. 500mg of test maybe? You’ve been on one HELL of a ride.
Welcome to the forum, this is the place to be!! Good luck brother

I appreciate your thoughtful reply, bloodwork will always be done. Back when I was 22 I told my NP that I was considering steroid usage, and wanted to get blood panel so I can make an informed decision. After getting the OK for bloods I ended up not going in because I made the decision that I was too young, and getting bloods would have put me one step closer to a hastily made decision.

Thanks again
images

Last edited:
You already know what you can accomplish with diet/exercise/lifestyle..

Just stick with those. Most people have no idea what they can accomplish with these BEFORE jumping on steroids, myself included.

You already know what you can accomplish with diet/exercise/lifestyle..

Just stick with those. Most people have no idea what they can accomplish with these BEFORE jumping on steroids, myself included.

And you forgot coach !…..lots of Anal !
Kidding (your right though ) ,not Kidding .

Btw - i need some down time ….Non work Vacation.

Back