• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

BodY DysmorphiA

GYMnTONIC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
How many here suffer or have suffered with this?

Have you grown out if it as you have aged or progressed?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220122-090403.png
    Screenshot_20220122-090403.png
    554.1 KB · Views: 65

I sorta have an issue like this but i see the opposite in the mirror, fat vs puny !
I’ve actually gotten down to 157 thinking i was doing good but in reality i looked like i was dying which I probably was.
Never Again !!!

i used too, then i taken a break from lifting and went on a TRT dose of test, lifted really casually and played sports. turns out it was the best thing i ever did.

Oh man I have had this for as long as I can remember. When it gets bad I won’t even look in a mirror to groom my face or body. In fact I’ve lost count of how many mirrors I’ve punched the fuck out of because of how bad I think I look. I will say however it has worked really well for me in the past as far as motivation. Thats kinda what drives me. I also have to admit that the older I get the less I give a fuck about what others might think about my appearance.

Last edited:
It never matters the condition I’m in. I always see the overweight kid of my youth. I’m a grown ass man who struggles daily with this despite the comments I get from random people almost daily it never clicks in my head. It is what it is. I guess in a way it makes me pursue in my eyes this unattainable form which I probably already achieved so in a way it pushes me every day.

When I was bigger I never saw it that way despite being told almost daily, it wasn't until I over did it on some MT2 and caught a glimpse of this big black dude across the gym and thought, wow that dude's pretty big...and then realized I was looking at myself but didn't recognize it because I looked like a big, aboriginal inmate from a distance in the mirror 😂

Being around bodybuilding for so long it is impossible for me ever see myself as “big”. I understand I am significantly more muscular that the average guy but having been around bodybuilders, I just don’t find my physique impressive.
I have mentioned before that I don’t like the attention. But yesterday was a beautiful day, a sunny 85F, so I wore a tank out shopping. I stopped for sushi at our regular place. A lady across the room, appearing either crazy or drunk, perhaps both, kept eyeballing me. Without my glasses people in the restsurant all look fuzzy to me so I just ingnored it.
But then she came over, rambled some incoherent shit and proceeded to pull up at chair at my table.
”Well, help yourself to a seat.” I said.

She finally got around to her query; “Are your muscles real? I mean, are they implants?”

First time I’d heard that. Seems so strange to me. What did she see that I don’t?

I generally hate my body. My thick waist from getting old and many years of using my body in terrible ways outside the gym, in the military. My one gimpy, smaller leg from severe trauma foot bone to the hip bone.

But regardless, I am happy to be walking and know I look better than nearly everyone in my age group here in the “Leaving Las Vegas” boozeland that is Cabo.

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
I’m never satisfied!

Chaz Michael Michaels , BOOM . Lol
(Blades of Glory)

When I was bigger I never saw it that way despite being told almost daily, it wasn't until I over did it on some MT2 and caught a glimpse of this big black dude across the gym and thought, wow that dude's pretty big...and then realized I was looking at myself but didn't recognize it because I looked like a big, aboriginal inmate from a distance in the mirror 

Lmao...

Everyone here. Most would give a teen girl a run for her money with mirror time and body issues.

Pretty much this right here.
Mine started young, around 10. Loved Marvel comics,WWE and, of course, everyone is hyper masculine and muscular. It imprinted upon me and looking like the Ultimate Warrior, Hogan, etc was what a real man should look like. I was amazed at how muscular they were, was unreal. Was awesome! The path was set at that point.

I saw a guy who looked good. I had to ask my wife if I was bigger then him.

She laughed and said are you serious. I'll always see my self as that skinny kid with bony elbows. Probably be the death of me.

I have suffered from body dysmorphia since I was a child. Things are better as I age, don't care much anymore

Here. Still struggle at 52 yo but trying to grow the fuck up. I look better than most the 20 and 30 year olds at my gym, bur my head still messes with me.

I don’t know man… i mean, yeah I have it just like every other person that uses exogenous testosterone without needing it. I never gave a shit when I was younger and I still don’t have “bigorexia” but I am most certainly “dadbodaphobic”. But it’s weird…. It changes daily…. Days I get to myself I don’t give a fuck…. Days when I have to be around or interact with hot bitches… I am an inferior species inside my head… even when they ask me “do you work out a lot” … I’m like “haven’t in a really long time”

lol

by the way i bought some of that l-dopa shit and then I looked up the side effects and it’s pretty horrendous. What is wrong with you guys?

I mean I could still kick Jan Michael Vincent’s ass.. 78% sure.

Back