• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Sciatica pain

glock4319

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Has anyone developed this from lifting or maybe pinning in the glutes? Fuck I’ve been having sharp pain on my right side lately.

I’ve been dealing with it on and off for years. Stretch your hips, glutes, and calves daily. Also pay attention to and avoid any movements or exercises that aggravate it. Deep tissue massage and a good chiropractor help if you can afford it. I’m no expert by any means though. I know if I sit too long it can aggravate it. I haven’t found any medication whether its otc or prescription that would help.
I’m also interested in any advice.

I’ve been dealing with it on and off for years. Stretch your hips, glutes, and calves daily. Also pay attention to and avoid any movements or exercises that aggravate it. Deep tissue massage and a good chiropractor help if you can afford it. I’m no expert by any means though. I know if I sit too long it can aggravate it. I haven’t found any medication whether its otc or prescription that would help.
I’m also interested in any advice.

+1 to all of this. If you can find a good "hands on" chiropractor that will *really* crack you, it helps. The "side position" (or side posture) adjustment is my all time favorite. You lay on your side, and he pushes top leg down at the knee and top shoulder backwards. It really puts a twist on your body.

I may look into the chiropractor thing or eventually see my back doc if it doesn’t stop. I looked it up and it says most of the time these go away on their own within a couple weeks. Alternating ice and heat is supposed to help.

@augustine5i I believe is a physical therapist or something similar. Not sure how to tag correctly

All great ideas
Been dealing with back pain 90% of my life..started at the Chiropractor at 12...

Best advice I can give...find out if it's just an irritation or a real problem...then approach it correctly..
If just an irritation..
Inversion table...no.1
Hot tub...anti inflammatories otc...turidoil(injectable anti inflammatory),works miraculously..get the shot..!!
PT works great... Chiropractor works but likely never fix it..stay away from pain meds..Predisone(but very short burst..only 2 a yr)

And then work on the cause..
And that takes work...Im still working on that...but listen to your body..get some Xrays and MRI if needed..and A Good Othro..
A bad back is No Fun..and as you age it won't get better..unless you work on it..
Good Luck..
Z...

Staying on top of stretching/yoga and seeing a chiropractor at least a couple times a month pretty much eliminates mine otherwise it's constant for me

IML Gear Cream!
Has anyone developed this from lifting or maybe pinning in the glutes? Fuck I’ve been having sharp pain on my right side lately.
I have it. An MRI and X-ray show I have very little to no risk space left in my spine. It’s important to do your best to keep inflammation at a minimum when dealing with sciatica. Any inflammation will cause the swelling to press on the sciatic nerve.
A guy on another forum said fasting has helped his pain reside. He did a 60 hour fast.
Sciatica pain is the worst. Try to eat clean with fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meats, no saturated fats and not too high on the starchy carbs. I still pin my glutes which isn’t an issue. I know it seems like that would cause it but it’s more spine related I believe, at least for me.

Stretching helps me a great deal, focusing in on the key areas, steady and not overdoing do it too much. The pain I get radiates down like a band from right glute area down outer sweep of thigh.

The shoes I wear make a great deal of difference as well. Shoes with strong support and/or special insoles helps reduce the discomfort.

+1 to all of this. If you can find a good "hands on" chiropractor that will *really* crack you, it helps. The "side position" (or side posture) adjustment is my all time favorite. You lay on your side, and he pushes top leg down at the knee and top shoulder backwards. It really puts a twist on your body.

This is actually the main stretch for the sciatic nerve; thats what’s alleviating the pain. I know a PT that specializes in sciatica.

The other best stretch is to get in the soggy style position as if you were about to get fucked in the ass and rock back and forth, stretching your glutes, hamstrings and hips. You’ll know its legit if you have sciatica because its gonna hurt.

This is actually the main stretch for the sciatic nerve; thats what’s alleviating the pain. I know a PT that specializes in sciatica.

The other best stretch is to get in the soggy style position as if you were about to get fucked in the ass and rock back and forth, stretching your glutes, hamstrings and hips. You’ll know its legit if you have sciatica because its gonna hurt.

Was sounding good..up to the part that looks non consensual...you know..F'ed in the Ass
If it hurts that bad...take a pain pill..damn
Z...

Can't recommend Chiropractic enough for back pain. I had chronic pain when I was younger and Chiropractic helped a lot.

Ohh fuck ya I have, I’m you’re guy. Wife stuck me in the glute. Went too low and too inward towards Butt crack. She did not hit my sciatic nerve directly because the injection was painless, but I think she hit the piriformis muscle that the sciatic nerve runs through.

So although The shot was painless about 20 mins later I started to feel a pinch in my lower back/buttock. Couple hours later I was in excruciating pain. The kind of pain that just makes you laugh like a mad man or scream into pillows… couldn’t drive straight cause the pain was fucking with my head and even making my lightheaded at times. The muscle she shot into was aggravated and pinching my nerve…

Worst part is it took about 6 straight weeks of that pain before it went away… almost went to the hospital a couple times but just kept saying fuck it this can’t last forever…

Pain was felt from butt all the way down through leg and ended behind my knee… just throbbed … if you ever get nerve pain you know, it’s a whole different story…

Ibuprofen, Motrin, and naproxen didn’t touch it… excedrine was a god send. Made the pain bearable…

Prednisone is the only thing that helped me when I had bad sciatica. It helped the inflammation alot.

Get Shredded!
It eventually went away though?
It will eventually, yes. Sciatica (in simple terms) is the sciatic nerve being pinched by the inflamed muscles surrounding it. Taking a break from work/training, stretching multiple times a day, massaging the area and eating anti-inflammatories will eventually get rid of it.

Remember too Z; pain pills don’t fix the issue. Just a band-aid.

You’ll never once find a post where I made the claim that I might not be retarded
^^^This Retarded Part Right Here^^^^
We gotta be Brothers from different mothers lmfao. I post religiously about how fucking stoned and stupid I just might be

With that being said THC n CBD are miracle flowers,waxes or candies.. You'll forget all about pain and problems!!!

The one I used was medrol dose pack that my Dr. gave me.

Funny you ask. I had my first doctors appointment about this same issue on Tuesday. I have had lower back “issues” for the last 7-8 years. In the last couple of months I have started getting so tight in my lower back it makes hard to walk for a period of time and I have to lay down until it goes away. Also, my legs have been going numb (the outer quad area) from my butt down to my knee, some days it’s the right leg and some days it’s the right.

I started at square one with my primary doc and we did x rays and are going from there.
I will be starting physical therapy also.

Sounds like lumbar spinal stenosis. Not sciatica.

Only an MRI will tell for certain.

I just went through this.. My old boss,, who is my very good friend has major back issues and has been pushing his Chiro on me for 15 years, I finally went.
When she explained this to me it clearly made sense for my issue in just the lower left area, and how compensating resulted in issues all over everywhere else. Of all the adjustments she did,, the one particular that was the game changer was the lumbar spine manipulator, laid on my said raised leg up and bent while on my side and she just slammed her weight on my bent upper leg and things just pop..

It went away.. I felt cured for a moment, but I needed to go back a few times after to really keep things aligned. You'll need to go back within a weeks time, and from there its just maintenance visits..
Here's a pic of what she explained to me.. She adjusted both sides, but the one side needed it most, where you see those wing like things (articular process?!?!?) had to look that one up), that's where the issue was and ran down my glute/leg.

From there lots of stretching, knees to chest, knees across, one straight leg, one bent.. I did this for a good while and slacked off.. The slacking has now brought back the sensitivity. Any slight spinning, pivoting from cutting something on the counter and rotating with feet planted to place something in the sink will activate it.. No joke.

The guys all above suggested a Chiro, like my boss/friend did for me, wish I did it sooner.. TAKE THEIR SUGGESTIONS!

JtHqdSl.gif

Back