• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Berberine vs Metformin

maxmuscle1

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Quick Review :

Striking Simularities
Recent studies show striking similarities between the popular diabetes drug metformin and its natural alternative berberine. It’s also as effective as metformin, but without the side effects and long-term implications.
Compared with metformin, berberine exhibited an identical effect in the regulation of glucose metabolism. In the regulation of lipid metabolism, berberine activity is better than metformin.

Berberine – A Natural Alternative
Berberine is the most effective natural supplement known to protect against chronic diseases and aging and one of the few supplements shown to be as effective as a pharmaceutical drug.
A growing body of research emphasizes that berberine can outperform metformin’s antidiabetic, blood sugar stabilizing and longevity-enhancing effects.
A review of 14 studies found that berberine lowered blood sugar levels and seemed to be as effective as metformin.

Max

Quick Review :

Striking Simularities
Recent studies show striking similarities between the popular diabetes drug metformin and its natural alternative berberine. It’s also as effective as metformin, but without the side effects and long-term implications.
Compared with metformin, berberine exhibited an identical effect in the regulation of glucose metabolism. In the regulation of lipid metabolism, berberine activity is better than metformin.

Berberine – A Natural Alternative
Berberine is the most effective natural supplement known to protect against chronic diseases and aging and one of the few supplements shown to be as effective as a pharmaceutical drug.
A growing body of research emphasizes that berberine can outperform metformin’s antidiabetic, blood sugar stabilizing and longevity-enhancing effects.
A review of 14 studies found that berberine lowered blood sugar levels and seemed to be as effective as metformin.

Max

Also Metformin has been shown in studies to actually lower your IGF-1 levels.(At least that's what my "TRT" Doc says) Not ideal for building muscle.
Berberine for me!

Also Metformin has been shown in studies to actually lower your IGF-1 levels.(At least that's what my "TRT" Doc says) Not ideal for building muscle.
Berberine for me!

For sure! Metformin has its place but, Berberine HCL seems to be super effective and has many positive qualities.

Max
Say no to low Igf-1 ! Lol

If fasting blood glucose is any indicator, I did a 60 day/60 day experiment. I took 500mg day and night of metformin extended release. The second 60 days I used a GDA with berberine in the formulation. Same number in the morning finger stick.
I now use the supplement exclusively if my fasting BG gets near 100.

If fasting blood glucose is any indicator, I did a 60 day/60 day experiment. I took 500mg day and night of metformin extended release. The second 60 days I used a GDA with berberine in the formulation. Same number in the morning finger stick.
I now use the supplement exclusively if my fasting BG gets near 100.

That is a great experiment because it shows the effectiveness of a drug vs a supplement. It will probably become the next NAC! Lol

Max

Berberine for me!
berberine inhibits mTOR...

both of these aren't good for building muscle

Metformin and resveratrol inhibit mTOR through upstream pathways, inhibiting the mitochondrial complex I activity and increasing AMPK respectively.

I guess you decide if mTOR is more important than your pancrease or a beating heart.
EVERYTHING has a cost. We all decide what to give or take.

IML Gear Cream!
What's up max, it's been a while since I've been on here how's things going

Back