• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

What is it about rice

MonsterMaker

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I doesn’t take long to realize that rice based diets (for carb source anyways) seems to be the most popular on here. So I’m just curious what it is about rice that would make it preferred over, wheat for example?

Also are things like rice cakes, rice cereal, rice flour, just as “good” as rice?

I’ve been eating a ton of rice just not sure exactly why lol would just like to hear your thoughts.

Is that it though? Is that the only thing that makes it superior to other grains?

I thought maybe it had something to do with the bodies ability to get the nutrients from it, something about it being easy to digest and such…

Guess I’m gonna have to do some research into carbs. It’s always intrigued me but i never looked into it.

In addition to ease of digestibility already mentioned, rice is cheap (less than $30 for a 25lb bag) and easy to prepare in large quantities. There are no disadvantages with rice

Why aren’t all rices the same? White rice seems to be bad, I love white sticky rice. If I could only make better choices I’d be ripped

Easy on the digestive system, and convenient as fuck. And yummy yummy yummy

Why aren’t all rices the same? White rice seems to be bad, I love white sticky rice. If I could only make better choices I’d be ripped
Bad according to whom?
It’s not bad. You’d be ripped if you ate in a deficit it has nothing to do with certain good or bad foods.

On the contrary most guys seem to think or at least prefer white rice

I like jasmine rice the best, as it has a nice flavor I can really love!

IML Gear Cream!
Bad according to whom?
It’s not bad. You’d be ripped if you ate in a deficit it has nothing to do with certain good or bad foods.

im fully aware that I’m my worst enemy when it comes to eating. I’ll get in a zone and do pretty good for a few months then I let my portions get a little large.

What does your coach say? Seems he could explain it best. Along with rice isn’t equal. Different amylopectins.

I don’t really eat rice that much at all, mainly because I’m that lazy when it comes to food.
but as others have said it’s cheap, clean and digests easily. It’s also easy to make and store in bulk so it’s perfect for prepping meals.
The most common and stereotypical bodybuilding foods are all pretty cheap and easy to prepare. Oatmeal, rice, chicken, eggs, white fish, potatoes.

Some people have a problem digesting brown rice. You'll know if you're one of them. Other than that, white rice is cheap, easy, and all the other things that have already been mentioned.

It's the best grain fried

Because white rice is easy to eat a shitload of, and it doesn’t bother anyones stomachs

Sticky rice is the fastest digesting rice of all due to its high amylopectin content as compared to other types that have more Amalose. This doesn’t make it bad though. I specifically eat it for this reason as it digests fast enough to eat my next meal

Yep my favorite rice is the sticky white rice as well. I hit the Chinese restaurant and get 64oz for $6 which I feel is fair.

Of you get a vegetable steamer that comes with a rice bowl, they’re different from rice cookers they actually use steam, instead of just heating the water the rice sits in… anyways it comes out exactly the same as the Chinese rice

Get Shredded!
Of you get a vegetable steamer that comes with a rice bowl, they’re different from rice cookers they actually use steam, instead of just heating the water the rice sits in… anyways it comes out exactly the same as the Chinese rice

Well hell I just might have to give that a go. It’s a no brainer that it would eventually pay for itself. I tried one of those little rice cookers you mentioned and yeah that rice turned out like shit so I threw it away. Thanks for the tip.

Thanks for this I’m definitely getting one as well, need an easier way to do veggies and rice !!

Well hell I just might have to give that a go. It’s a no brainer that it would eventually pay for itself. I tried one of those little rice cookers you mentioned and yeah that rice turned out like shit so I threw it away. Thanks for the tip.

Ya look for something like this. You can see it actually has a steamer reservoir. You literally can’t tell the difference between homemade rice in it and Chinese rice, it’s identical… couldn’t find any at the store just had those bogus rice cookers which are no different than stove top. Had to buy this bad boy on eBay, $20 well spent

Just don’t open that fucking lid until it’s well past done, burnt the shit out of my hand last week doing that. Steam burns are the worst.

1bdc3ba72a401dadfa9e9ca740f4d402.jpg

b3456b9b5fc390cac1ac8a082b041ab0.jpg

Bogus rice cookers? Like the ones they use at asian restaurants?

Bogus rice cookers? Like the ones they use at asian restaurants?

I really don’t know what they use tbh? But at all target and Walmart all I could find we’re these ones that are just basically an electric pot… just a pot with a lid and a heating element under the pot… in my mind (I haven’t actually tried to use one) but I would assume that they are no different than stove top rice? I could be way off but broscientist inside of me told me that lol

It looks like all the so is heat up the pot with the rice instead of using steam to heat the bowl of uncooked rice, like the steamer I mentioned..

e0f2fc2d7b33b4a34e22d5b93729097d.jpg

Right, the one you show sucks. An instapot, which everyone seems to have works. But I prefer this type and have used one for decades after I had a Japanese roommate. She quickly discovered a large cooker of rice didn’t last long with a bodybuilder roommate.

Attachments

• AF95C750-1CB7-4670-97E0-18FC1E87A2BC.png
    AF95C750-1CB7-4670-97E0-18FC1E87A2BC.png
    1 MB · Views: 31
Right, the one you show sucks. An instapot, which everyone seems to have works. But I prefer this type and have used one for decades after I had a Japanese roommate. She quickly discovered a large cooker of rice didn’t last long with a bodybuilder roommate.

Is that yen or pesos?

Dollas bitch. Cuz you knowz I got big papers.

Nowto start withcar bragging, pics of my waterfront property andhow muchmy salary is….
oh, this ain’t the pit.

alright you guys need to get your rice facts straight. First off "sticky rice" is a more of thai thing and they do use rice steamers and that variety of rice is called glutinous rice. It looks way different than what they eat in china. In china depending on the region you are from they eat either short/medium(japinoca) grain or long(indica) grain. If your rice from the Chinese restaurant is on the stickier side it is the short/medium grain. That is also the same rice used in sushi... and my favorite rice. In the usa it is readily available as "calrose" rice. Its not exactly the same but it is very similar and grows really well over here.

Brown rice sucks....

Back