• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Water

Question: you guys that drink 2 gallons a day. What’s your body weight?

192 lbs as of yesterday morning.

My wife is drinking 1.5-2 gallons. She is 148ish

Good, clean out the toxins!!! Kidney health is everything.... Dying of a heart attack or Stroke does scare me,
But getting your blood cleaned by a machine 8 hrs every day and awaiting a kidney transplant scares me even more.
It's a long drawn out misrable death... Seen it first hand with a few of my buddies.

Question: you guys that drink 2 gallons a day. What’s your body weight?
Six liters, 235lbs….10% bodyfat, killing it in the gym, diet on point…..and the new one, 5-6 nuts a day in 1-2 sessions.

Funny thing is I am never "thirsty" and don't drink all that much water. IDK why?? My whole life is been that way...

Maybe 20 oz a day currently. Like two water bottles.

I really have to make a better effort.

Funny thing is I am never "thirsty" and don't drink all that much water. IDK why?? My whole life is been that way...

My wife is the same way. She will drink 12oz of coffee in the morning and MAYBE 20oz of some other type of fluids during the day.

Get Shredded!
I have that happen too… I can literally close my eyes and think about skydiving and my stomach lunges out of my body. I didn’t realize I was deathly afraid of heights until I climbed the side of my high school to the top in the middle of the night once at around 15 years old. Then I realized I was going to have to climb down… it took me hours to get the balls to creep back down the brick wall….

The roofing jobs I helped with in my teenage years were excruciatingly hard on my mental health.

Couldn’t take a line job with the electric company and really really hate getting on airplanes… still think being a pilot would be fun, somehow… weird

Youtube up “Jeb Corliss” thank me later

Youtube up “Jeb Corliss” thank me later

That dude is on a whole different level. I want to do a wing suit jump but you have to log an insane amount of jumps to cert on them and I just don’t have the time to live at a dz for a year and a half.

I definitely get a gallon plus a day and I’m up to piss 3-4 times a night . It annoying but I am used to it now.

This is a good post bc I will say out of the clients I have trained in the past 25 years. 100% of them were dehydrated.

I never saw a hydrated client from the get go.

And that includes myself.

I never realized just how much water you have to force as a bodybuilder. I always neglected it.

I never neglected my tren and dbol. I never neglected 6000 cals a day. But I always neglected hydration.

Lesson learned

I swear by the water, glutathione and NAC daily intake.

So wtf is up with that??

Am I broken. Lolz
I dunno man lol, Probably though.

She constantly has sore muscles and joints, headaches and such. She will try for a couple days but, goes back to tiny amounts.

I personally don't know how yall do it. I would tear every muscle I trained if I only drank 20oz of water each day lol.

This is a good post bc I will say out of the clients I have trained in the past 25 years. 100% of them were dehydrated.

I never saw a hydrated client from the get go.

And that includes myself.

I never realized just how much water you have to force as a bodybuilder. I always neglected it.

I never neglected my tren and dbol. I never neglected 6000 cals a day. But I always neglected hydration.

Lesson learned

I swear by the water, glutathione and NAC daily intake.

Will definitely try more of the water.

But I am on board with the NAC and glutathione everyday. Been doing it for some time.

Also high vitamin C. And some other stuff.

Great post!!

I dunno man lol, Probably though.

She constantly has sore muscles and joints, headaches and such. She will try for a couple days but, goes back to tiny amounts.

I personally don't know how yall do it. I would tear every muscle I trained if I only drank 20oz of water each day lol.

Okay. I am convinced

Going to step it up. See what happens. Thanks!!!

I can assure you that your dehydrated and your body is manipulating your lack of water intake, I use an old formula I learned in my 20’s, I multiply my bodyweight X .66 for the total sum of oz per day. Take a look below at the % of water chart and consider your activity and AAS level now think again about your water intake

brain and heart73%
lungs83%
skin64%
muscles and kidneys79%
bones31%

https://www.healthline.com/health/body-water-percentage#body-water-function

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
Something to keep
in mind for hydration is that electrolytes are as or more important than the actual water. If you’re drinking a gallon plus daily, you need to be getting more than the rda of sodium or you’ll never be truly hydrated. Dr Sandra godek from the heat institute is an amazing resource when it comes to hydration. And dr James denicolantonio recommends between 3-5000 mgs of sodium and even more for hard training athletes

From Stan efferdings vertical diet

SALT
(SODIUM-CHLORIDE)
Rx Prescription:
• Salt meals to taste
• 500 mg of Sodium before and after training
• 1000mgofSalt=400mgofSodiumand600mgof
Chloride
Sodium your Secret Weapon
Salting all of your meals could be a huge performance enhancer and metabolism booster that may help you recover faster from workouts and have more stamina and endurance [120-129].
Generally speaking, we’re shooting for between 3500-5000 mg of sodium daily from all sources (salt, bone broth, orange juice, milk, food etc.).
For an athlete training daily, additional sodium is recommended.
According to staff at Dr. Sandra Godek’s Heat Institute, average loss of sodium for athletes while training is just below 2400 mg/hour. This needs to be replaced to optimize performance.
The International Society of Sports Nutrition (ISSN) recommend 500 mg of Sodium before and after training.
Dr. Dinicolantonio recommends using 1/2 teaspoon of Redmond Real Salt (1,200mg sodium) 30 min before training for increased stamina and endurance.
 Salt is NOT a “More is Better” scenario!!
Too much salt without ample food to be used as a courier will cause diarrhea so don’t overdo it. Too much salt on your food will cause diarrhea as well.
You may have to experiment in order to determine your tolerance level.
The Vertical Diet
The Vertical DietTM - Copyright 2019 | Stan Efferding - The Kooler.com & Damon McCune, MS, RDN, LD
ALT CONTINUED...
When you first start salting all your meals, you may gain a few pounds of water but it will drop off within a week when your body realizes you're not restricting sodium any more. There is a small percentage of people who are salt sensitive so monitor your water retention and blood pressure when you introduce salt. Adequate potassium and magnesium will prevent salt related hypertension in most people (See High Blood Pressure Quick Fix Kit).
It’s best to salt your food “to taste” daily. You can also add a salt/mineral tablet to your water such as a NUUN tablet or take a thermo- tab but salting your food is ideal (more on this under “Water”).
NUUN tabs use sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) as their sodium source. This may have some acid buffering benefits but may also cause GI distress in large amounts so the dose and timing are important..
In the absence of an iodine source in the diet, iodized salt may be used on foods. Pink Himalayan Salt, Sea Salt, Kosher Salt, and Table works!! Salt are all acceptable forms of salt but only salt that is specifically labeled as iodized will have an adequate amount of iodine to meet the
Dr Dinicolantonio, author of “The SaltFix” Interview
Rhino Rhant #10 – CreatineSucksbut THIS
RDA.
PRE AND POST TRAINING SODIUM INTAKE
That Low Salt Diet Probably Won’t Prevent Heart Failure
It’s Time to End the War on Salt
• Amount of Sodium depends on workout duration and intensity, temperature, and size of athlete.
• Take sodium 30 mins before training and immediately after training with 10oz of water.
• 500mg of Sodium = 3 thermotabs OR 3 NUUN tablets OR 1⁄4 teaspoon of Redmond Real Salt or preferred salt.
• 1000-1200mg of Sodium = 6 thermotabs or 6 NUUN tablets OR 1⁄2 teaspoon of Redmond Real Salt or preferred salt.
The Vertical Diet

I got a weird question but …. Here goes ….

anybody pee in the shower and if so what does it mean when after pissing in the shower it feels like someone is tightening a vice down hard on my crank… like I can feel the pain inside my pee tube or urethra or whatever it’s called… doesn’t occur any other time other than when I pee in the shower and it’s been that way for a decade or better. I don’t know if my wires are getting crossed in there or what…. But it puts me on my knees sometimes… fucking awful feeling.

Stop peeing in the shower sir... Lol.... I never pee in the shower and have no desire to do so. I understand there's a drain, it saves time but it's not for me. Could it possibly be the force of the water restricting the flow

Six liters, 235lbs….10% bodyfat, killing it in the gym, diet on point…..and the new one, 5-6 nuts a day in 1-2 sessions.

I'm so glad I looked at this thread again. :roflmao:

You're still missing the bar. I'm pretty sure it is 5-6 nuts *per* session and 1-2 sessions *per* day. Anything less and you might as just well be rubbing one out once a week in the shower.

Is drinking 2-3 gallons of water a necessity? Would drinking more water than individually needed actually cause the kidneys to work harder than need be. in turn causing potential issues down the road? I don't think there's a exact amount of water needed universally. It's individually determined.

I believe it was Aceto that said to check your hydration levels drink 20oz of fluid at once. If you pee within the hour your property hydrated.

Is drinking 2-3 gallons of water a necessity? Would drinking more water than individually needed actually cause the kidneys to work harder than need be. in turn causing potential issues down the road? I don't think there's a exact amount of water needed universally. It's individually determined.I believe it was Aceto that said to check your hydration levels drink 20oz of fluid at once. If you pee within the hour your property hydrated.

Probably not necessary if your body is not actually using it. I sweat like crazy...even in winter time. The wife will have on sweats, sweaters, wool socks, fuzzy house shoes and be buried under a blanket and I'm in shorts and a tshirt (and no footwear).

I might drool once in awhile too...

Attachments

• 7R2L.gif
    7R2L.gif
    498.2 KB · Views: 11
Stop peeing in the shower sir... Lol.... I never pee in the shower and have no desire to do so. I understand there's a drain, it saves time but it's not for me. Could it possibly be the force of the water restricting the flow

i pee facing away from the water…. I can’t help it, as soon as the water hits me I gotta piss and I’m not dripping water all over the bathroom floor lol … I also brush my teeth in the shower… I wait until after I shit before showering because sitting on the torlet with a wet ass then trying to wipe that wet ass is miserable..

the only thing I thought could be doing it, is somehow steam from the hot water is gettin in my pee hole … I’ll try switching to freezing cold water tomorrow morning when pissing.

I know this is off topic and strange but it’s been freaking me out a bit. It’s not kidney stones cuz I figured that pain would be everytime I piss, and it’s not.

Back