• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

How much you can really eat

Capthowdy87

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
The last few weeks I’ve still been eating clean but I wasn’t tracking anything . Just eyeballing my meals . Had some cheats in there as well. Didn’t gain any fat . I lowered my cardio to 30 min a day fasted soon as I wake up 5x a week.
I started tracking my calories again bc I wanted to see just how much I can actually eat without gaining weight . I’m also doing this bc the next time I cut I will be able to start with my calories way higher then last time .
So I started out trying to eat 3000 cals . First day only got 2500. Second day easily 3000. On the 3000 I started to lose weight … I was like wtf !!! So I started adding calories while watching the scale and mirror everyday . Yesterday I got up 4000 calories for the day and I stayed the same . I’m gonna run with 4000 for another week and see what it does to my body. I feel incredible in gym . Skin splitting pumps . All my lifts have increased as well. I’d like to add that it’s not exactly ez to eat this much food when your eating clean. Just the sheer volume of what you have to put down bc the food is just generally lower in calories . My diet is pretty simple and mostly the same shot every day . Lean beef , ground turkey , chicken egg whites protein powder rice potatoes pasta oatmeal cream of rice . Typical bodybuilding shit . I also keep stuff on hand like halo top ice cream and a protein bar I really like for sweet cravings. The diet I created for myself is one that I like and can follow long term . Best part for me is I do actually enjoy eating this way so when I cut I get to eat the same shit just a little less of it .

The last few weeks I’ve still been eating clean but I wasn’t tracking anything . Just eyeballing my meals . Had some cheats in there as well. Didn’t gain any fat . I lowered my cardio to 30 min a day fasted soon as I wake up 5x a week.
I started tracking my calories again bc I wanted to see just how much I can actually eat without gaining weight . I’m also doing this bc the next time I cut I will be able to start with my calories way higher then last time .
So I started out trying to eat 3000 cals . First day only got 2500. Second day easily 3000. On the 3000 I started to lose weight … I was like wtf !!! So I started adding calories while watching the scale and mirror everyday . Yesterday I got up 4000 calories for the day and I stayed the same . I’m gonna run with 4000 for another week and see what it does to my body. I feel incredible in gym . Skin splitting pumps . All my lifts have increased as well. I’d like to add that it’s not exactly ez to eat this much food when your eating clean. Just the sheer volume of what you have to put down bc the food is just generally lower in calories . My diet is pretty simple and mostly the same shot every day . Lean beef , ground turkey , chicken egg whites protein powder rice potatoes pasta oatmeal cream of rice . Typical bodybuilding shit . I also keep stuff on hand like halo top ice cream and a protein bar I really like for sweet cravings. The diet I created for myself is one that I like and can follow long term . Best part for me is I do actually enjoy eating this way so when I cut I get to eat the same shit just a little less of it .
Food is the most deceiving part of growing.

Guys don't eat nowhere near enough. I made this mistake for a very long time and left lots of muscle on the kitchen table because I was scared to get fat.

Your plan to push food up as high as you can and keep it there for an extended period of time is very smart for exactly the reason you mentioned. You'll have a lot of room to manipulate your diet when you do decide to start stripping away the body fat.

Same with cardio. I like for guys to do the bare minimum, unless they are concerned with heart health or need it for appetite, so when it's added in, you don't need much at all to make progress. Going from 20 minutes 3 times a week during the off-season to 20 minutes 5 times a week can make a huge impact on fat loss.

Like everything we do, try to make the most out of the least for as long as possible.

Good stuff.

Absolutely the worse part of bodybuilding is the eating and the only reason I will tap out one day.

I’m glad it is working for you. Please keep us updated.

I am literally a bottomless pit . No matter the time of day, time of year, or compounds . I grow and get strong but seems like for every pound of muscle I get 1.5 of fat . I hate having to limit myself when you always hear eat till you puke . I don’t have that limitation. I can go from 6 pack to no abs in weeks . I guess my answer is just fuckin cardio. Who the hell wants to do that though

You guys that can eat are lucky… I have trouble eating a lot no matter the food. I have to grind and suffer just to get clean 3000 calories and then after a week or two I just can’t do it. I have to supplement with good calorie shakes.

I am literally a bottomless pit . No matter the time of day, time of year, or compounds . I grow and get strong but seems like for every pound of muscle I get 1.5 of fat . I hate having to limit myself when you always hear eat till you puke . I don’t have that limitation. I can go from 6 pack to no abs in weeks . I guess my answer is just fuckin cardio. Who the hell wants to do that though
Yeah…this is because of your diet. I will bet a proper diet and your ability to eat means you gain muscle over fat. Something can’t be right.

I’m sure my issue is high carb every day, I should be cycling them . As far as actual food it’s the same items everyday . Lean beef or chicken , salmon or cod , 2 egg white meals daily , oates , rice , sweet potatoes . Protein powder. Fruit, 1-2 bagels . Absolutely nothing else . Maybe a big sirloin on Saturday’s. Im not a fat mess ha but I can hold it in my chest a bit and it drives me wild . It’s definitely just too much carbs

I’m sure my issue is high carb every day, I should be cycling them . As far as actual food it’s the same items everyday . Lean beef or chicken , salmon or cod , 2 egg white meals daily , oates , rice , sweet potatoes . Protein powder. Fruit, 1-2 bagels . Absolutely nothing else . Maybe a big sirloin on Saturday’s. Im not a fat mess ha but I can hold it in my chest a bit and it drives me wild . It’s definitely just too much carbs
That’s very strange. Doesn’t sound like any problems in the foods.

IML Gear Cream!
I need to invest in a coach. I’ve been at this shit for 15 years, at 30 I should be further along than I am . I envy these guys that aren’t hungry all the time . Those are usually the guys that are the most shredded as well . I’d have to literally starve myself to look like Capthowdys avi or montegos.

I need to invest in a coach. I’ve been at this shit for 15 years, at 30 I should be further along than I am . I envy these guys that aren’t hungry all the time . Those are usually the guys that are the most shredded as well . I’d have to literally starve myself to look like Capthowdys avi or montegos.
Have you ever taken an insecticide/dewormer? Doing so could rule out some of that hunger. In Mexico most people take a Vermox + twice a year.

*Montego’s avi is photoshopped.

Have you ever taken an insecticide/dewormer? Doing so could rule out some of that hunger. In Mexico most people take a Vermox + twice a year.

*Montego’s avi is photoshopped.

Lmao coach, Motego is jacked no doubt it’s real.

im actually on a 5 day cycle of Ivermectin now. My wife is too. Cleaning out the bad stuff. The rest of my fam thinks we are crazy.

And if that time of month… extra calories flowing

Never thought I’d be down for sucking on her bloody snatch but that tren has got me giving absolutely no fucks… it’s a bit different but I didn’t mind…

Never thought I’d be down for sucking on her bloody snatch but that tren has got me giving absolutely no fucks… it’s a bit different but I didn’t mind…

Lmao… hard to describe.. kind of metalic tasting

Have a little self control it’s only a few days

Get Shredded!
I need more ways to get the food in . All the time I spent doing this believe it or not I have never tried eating in a surplus to actually put on muscle . It was always about losing weight and staying lean . The jobs I had over the years the lifestyle I lived and things I was doing . I was always in and out of a defecit .
No I’m fucking pumped bc I’m really gonna try to put on some lean weight . With that being the main focus instead of trying to be as lean as possible . I DO NOT want to get fat at all!! So I will be tracking everything everyday. I’m excited to see what I can do bc if the way I feel In the gym now is any indication on how this year is gonna be then I can’t wait!

Bro what!!?? Lol you think I haven’t seen this . Nick walker is my favorite bodybuilder in the open today on and off stage . My mutant mentality shirt just came in the mail yesterday . I’m all about this shit! I love how he trains too .

Its insane the amount of food these guys put away. I could never do it.

Back