• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Cholesterol

Bdawg

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
For first time my bloods show increased LDL and decreased HDL. I’m interested in hearing what people do to keep their levels in check?

Genetics..family history..lifestyle and age...
And some PED'S really F with this...

Finding the cause is key.. usually Not One thing...
But the easy med free way...is tighten up that diet...mainly foods that cause it to rise and adjust and More cardio..
Yes Cardio...bad word in BB...

- - - Updated - - -

50 mgs of Var for how long with Winny..??

I am 57 been on gear on and off for 30 years and trt for at least 20 years. My cholestrol l is 170 and 80.

I eat plenty of fish, oatmeal every am, Metamucal twice a day. Nothing else

Genetics..family history..lifestyle and age...
And some PED'S really F with this...

Finding the cause is key.. usually Not One thing...
But the easy med free way...is tighten up that diet...mainly foods that cause it to rise and adjust and More cardio..
Yes Cardio...bad word in BB...

- - - Updated - - -

50 mgs of Var for how long with Winny..??

Agreed… I gotta get that cardio in… my weak point. It’s the PED’s… I’ve always had great levels until just now. Lmao.. you are on point with the var/win question… apparently too long and too much.

I am 57 been on gear on and off for 30 years and trt for at least 20 years. My cholestrol l is 170 and 80.

Lifestyle....
Be 56 this yr...goes by way too Fast..

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to see You back in the Mix...Brother

My numbers are 162 and 11…. 11!

Citrus Bergamot

500mgs 2x a day prior to a meal

🙏💪💪

Do a search for red yeast rice that contains "monacolin k". All others are either crap, or its unknown whats in them.
Overseas store will have it. (Ones that can ship to the US).

The US ones that were known to have some in the past were:

Cholestene by HPF contains 2.87 mg per capsule.
Cholester-Reg by Nature’s Sunshine contains 3.37 mg per capsule, which has been reformulated to Cholester-Reg II

Unsure if still the case.

Also:

Red Yeast Rice Extract by Arazo Nutrition, 1200 mg , 120 caps $18
Standardized to 0.2% Monacolin K (2.4 mg) Optimum Dose

Monacolin K is basically natural (fermented) Lovastatin. Optimal dose for folks who use gear is around 10 mg (low).
So for example, if you knew Arazo did have 2.4 mg, 4 pills would be enough to see good results.

Hard to tell what is in them these days as the FDA stole this from the Chinese who have been fermenting and using it for ages, and turned it into the biggest money-making drug in history.
(For our protection of course) **eye roll.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Concentrated-Monacolin-Coenzyme-cholesterol-preservatives/dp/B07CWFR21Q

Last edited:
Do a search for red yeast rice that contains "monacolin k". All others are either crap, or its unknown whats in them.
Overseas store will have it. (Ones that can ship to the US).

The US ones that were known to have some in the past were:

Cholestene by HPF contains 2.87 mg per capsule.
Cholester-Reg by Nature’s Sunshine contains 3.37 mg per capsule, which has been reformulated to Cholester-Reg II

Unsure if still the case.

Also:

Red Yeast Rice Extract by Arazo Nutrition, 1200 mg , 120 caps $18
Standardized to 0.2% Monacolin K (2.4 mg) Optimum Dose

Monacolin K is basically natural (fermented) Lovastatin. Optimal dose for folks who use gear is around 10 mg (low).
So for example, if you knew Arazo did have 2.4 mg, 4 pills would be enough to see good results.

Hard to tell what is in them these days as the FDA stole this from the Chinese who have been fermenting and using it for ages, and turned it into the biggest money-making drug in history.
(For our protection of course) **eye roll.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Concentrated-Monacolin-Coenzyme-cholesterol-preservatives/dp/B07CWFR21Q

Awesome… thanks man

As you can see, my HDL is low but my LDL is in range. This is almost always the case. I can usually pinpoint the things that negatively impact my LDL and bump it onto the high side, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to increase my HDL. It never gets more than about 10 points below range (like it is here) but non the less...always low. BTW, these lab results are very recent for me. Last week actually.

Attachments

• Lipids.JPG
    Lipids.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 35
As you can see, my HDL is low but my LDL is in range. This is almost always the case. I can usually pinpoint the things that negatively impact my LDL and bump it onto the high side, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to increase my HDL. It never gets more than about 10 points below range (like it is here) but non the less...always low. BTW, these lab results are very recent for me. Last week actually.

Regular "the flush" Niacin has been known to raise HDL. 1 gram a day. (Two 500 mg pills).

I swear fish oil raises my hdl. I take four 1000mg caps a day.

Regular "the flush" Niacin has been known to raise HDL. 1 gram a day. (Two 500 mg pills).
Beware the “Slo-Niacin”. They modify it so it makes many passes through the liver. You know what that means…like some other oral things.

You don't need to have any noticeable symptoms to have a hypo thyroid issue which will royally fuck your lipids and bp for that matter. Once i got mine under control my bp went WAY down and my lipids went way down. My ldl basically goes as my doet goes nowadays. I don't worry too much about it if it's on the top side of the range because my triglycerides are so low.

Obviously Winny and Anavar are peds with bad cholesterol properties.

I’ve had injectable winny crash my HDL and bump my LDL.

I know many orals can mess with lipids.

What injectables are worse or gentle on cholesterol profile?

Large dose testosterone wasn’t too bad on the many I observed. Tren wrecked all labs for the many I’ve seen. Conservative deca was pretty gentle. Curious about mast and primo.

Back