• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

When can you call your self a bodybuilder?

IML Gear Cream!
Ive actually trained a few police officers in my day and I will admit that for whatever reason they seem to be tougher than the average joe. I personally think it’s because of their mind set rather than their physical skills. They understand that when they get into an altercation it’s for real so they are way more open to listen and are more eager to learn. Just my experience though. I’m sure there are just as many that can’t rip their way out of a paper bag with a knife.

I hear you..
But there's a few..Cortez is one...a nobody

Front leg round kick...in.32 seconds....that will snap your neck..
Just a cop on the Force..

I can't think of a time I actually called myself a bodybuilder....

I would consider myself a "shitty bodybuilder". Shitty in the way of how I look, not how I live the lifestyle. Gotta love shit genetics.

I've considered myself a shitty bodybuilder since I did my first show I guess.

Well bud if your a shitty bodybuilder with the way you look then wtf does that make the rest of us? Lol

I would consider myself a "shitty bodybuilder". Shitty in the way of how I look, not how I live the lifestyle. Gotta love shit genetics.

Well bud if your a shitty bodybuilder with the way you look then wtf does that make the rest of us? Lol
I mean shitty in competitive terms I guess.

I might never win an overall at a local show in the open, much less do anything on a national stage.

I never brought home a championship belt either but that doesn’t mean I was a shitty fighter. I have a feeling you use that type of shit to keep you motivated?

I mean shitty in competitive terms I guess.

I might never win an overall at a local show in the open, much less do anything on a national stage.

I never brought home a championship belt either but that doesn’t mean I was a shitty fighter. I have a feeling you use that type of shit to keep you motivated?

Yep...
Mont might think of himself as that...But if anyone else says that...Oh Shit..
Tell you this..Mont is a good Man..

Nah, it's not a motivation thing.

I have wide hips, loose skin, and body parts that are so far behind at my age it will be tough to ever get them caught up.

Just trying to maximize what I can. I'm pretty realistic in expectations but, I do everything I can to prove myself wrong each day.

I’ve never considered myself a bodybuilder and I always felt weird and corrected people when they referred to as one. To me unless you compete you’re not a bodybuilder. It’d be like someone calling themselves an author but they’ve never written and published a book or calling themself an actor but never been in a play, show, movie, etc.

Get Shredded!
I’ve never considered myself a bodybuilder and I always felt weird and corrected people when they referred to as one. To me unless you compete you’re not a bodybuilder. It’d be like someone calling themselves an author but they’ve never written and published a book or calling themself an actor but never been in a play, show, movie, etc.
Would you consider men's physique competitors bodybuilders? They compete, but not in BB

Would you consider men's physique competitors bodybuilders? They compete, but not in BB
Absolutely. Physique is just a different class in bodybuilding. They train just as hard, eat their meals consistently, go through the same shitty torture prep. They’re building their bodies for the competition.

To be a part of a bodybuilding world, let’s better say a sect, you need to be prepared to totally rearrange your lifestyle. It’s not an easy one: instead of enjoying social life, you bring your Tupperware boxes of bland food to the parties, avoid alcohol and leave early to get 8-9 hour sleep.
You virtually live in a Gym.
You research medicine to know your own body type and what works for it.
Same goes with the diet.
If you are not a pro, but an amateur, you still need to follow this lifestyle, maybe just in a little bit lax manner.

That’s one good thing about bodybuilding. You can pretty much tell who’s really living the lifestyle or if they are just talking shit.

100% true . You can look around the gym and tell who’s serious and who isn’t . Who eats clean and who doesn’t ect .

I think the fact you are asking the question makes me think you are definitely a bodybuilder. Most of us will never be satisfied and if you ever are you’re probably not a true bodybuilder. Hell I just got my IFBB Pro Card this year and I don’t feel deserving of it. I look at the “real” pros and I feel out of place. The one thing I do know is I will work my ass off to feel like I belong on stage with them one of these days. Bodybuilding is a lifestyle and you need to live it 24/7. Looks like you are doing that. Keep killing it brother!!

I dunno it’s weird …. For example I know a handful of musicians who’ve never gotten paid any real money…. Hell I know a couple thatve never played a live show or been in a band but could still knock your socks off as far as talent goes…. I consider them musicians still

but for some reason I don’t consider a gym rat a bodybuilder unless he’s stood in front of a couple queers in his underwear and flexed for them. I guess I have to agree…. No matter how much you put into this sport, if you’re not willing to compete then your still just a gym rat. And that’s ok by me… it’s kinda weird to dedicate yourself at that level without wanting to compete but I can’t say I don’t get it cuz I’ve tried it…. I mean half assed tried it…. And even if I didn’t try it I get why a dude or dudette might want to see for themselves how far they can push the limits without wanting to show the world their own personal accomplishments. I mean our bodies are our temples and who wouldn’t want to build a fucking castle if they could?

and I wouldn’t want anyone knowing where my castle is…. Cuz thats just trouble waiting to happen.

amirite?

Last edited:
If you have trained for years with weights trying to enlarge your muscles & burn fat ; your a bodybuilder. No imposters , but I feel you. I don’t feel like a bodybuilder-bodybuilder , but I am . I build my body for aesthetic reasons over strength . Otherwise I’d say I’m a Strongman or an enthusiast. We are all most likely bodybuilders; just at different levels . It’s a mental thing IME/IMO.

Max

For sure bro, I think I could be 240 shredded and still feel like I don't belong. All mental for sure. I know some skinny fucks that say they're bodybuilders and they mean it with all their heart lol

All I know is the wife says bodybuilders are NOT athletes.

As long as she doesn't call you "Shorty" in the bedroom, why care what someone calls you?

I've had people ask me if I was a bodybuilder, but just mental i feel like I'm not. I guess in my mind ill always be that 140 kid

I dunno it’s weird …. For example I know a handful of musicians who’ve never gotten paid any real money…. Hell I know a couple thatve never played a live show or been in a band but could still knock your socks off as far as talent goes…. I consider them musicians still

but for some reason I don’t consider a gym rat a bodybuilder unless he’s stood in front of a couple queers in his underwear and flexed for them. I guess I have to agree…. No matter how much you put into this sport, if you’re not willing to compete then your still just a gym rat. And that’s ok by me… it’s kinda weird to dedicate yourself at that level without wanting to compete but I can’t say I don’t get it cuz I’ve tried it…. I mean half assed tried it…. And even if I didn’t try it I get why a dude or dudette might want to see for themselves how far they can push the limits without wanting to show the world their own personal accomplishments. I mean our bodies are our temples and who wouldn’t want to build a fucking castle if they could?

and I wouldn’t want anyone knowing where my castle is…. Cuz thats just trouble waiting to happen.

amirite?

Lol, ok i get it. Competing in 16 weeks. Once I get off stage I can say I fuckin made it!!

IML Gear Cream!
I think anyone who lives it and sticks to the lifestyle is what makes you a body builder . Doesn’t matter if your pro or amateur, compete or not . To me it’s the life style . Not many live it . People think I’m some kind of anomaly at work and shit bc I work at a restaurant bar and I pack all my food every time I’m there . I’ve been back there a little short of a year and haven’t eaten any of the food there lol. I bring the same exact shit and eat it on the exact same times . Not 1 person who works there or any of the other outlets my boss owns even looks remotely close to some one who works out . So they look at me like I’m the odd ball Lmfaooo

Lol, same with me bro. Couldn't have said it better. Nailed it

Lol, that's fuckin insane bro. If your a shity bodybuilder then I'm just a fuckin twig joke. 😩😩😩😩😩. Those pics you posted of you on stage are fuckin awesome. Give your self some credit. Your a god amongst us little bitches trying to make it to your size lol

I think the fact you are asking the question makes me think you are definitely a bodybuilder. Most of us will never be satisfied and if you ever are you’re probably not a true bodybuilder. Hell I just got my IFBB Pro Card this year and I don’t feel deserving of it. I look at the “real” pros and I feel out of place. The one thing I do know is I will work my ass off to feel like I belong on stage with them one of these days. Bodybuilding is a lifestyle and you need to live it 24/7. Looks like you are doing that. Keep killing it brother!!

Your a savage bro, and your damn right. The day your satisfied is the day you call it. You got a bad ass physique, I know it don't mean much coming from my skinny ass but most of us would kill to look like you. And to know you think your out of place makes me feel a little better. Because your right where your supposed to be.

Thanks man, hope your doing good bro!! Keep beatin ass!!

Some of my favorite builds are guys who never won a championship. I, of course WANT to win a championship but the future holds what it holds . I would like to have “people” have my picture up on their mirror for inspiration; like I did theirs’ throughout my life . I always put up pics for inspiration and it helps me remember the build I want . Goals, goals , goals !

Max

Your a savage bro, and your damn right. The day your satisfied is the day you call it. You got a bad ass physique, I know it don't mean much coming from my skinny ass but most of us would kill to look like you. And to know you think your out of place makes me feel a little better. Because your right where your supposed to be.

Thanks man, hope your doing good bro!! Keep beatin ass!!

Thanks brother! I’m doing well. Just grinding over here. Hope all is well with you!

Where are the comments and complaints from and about chicks getting asked if they compete…like it’s some sort of insult? Haven’t seen a thread like that in a while.

I try not to mention competing because I am tired of the “Santa competes?!?!” or “In the Walker Olympia?” looks.

Where are the comments and complaints from and about chicks getting asked if they compete…like it’s some sort of insult? Haven’t seen a thread like that in a while.

I try not to mention competing because I am tired of the “Santa competes?!?!” or “In the Walker Olympia?” looks.

It's the beard. You're asking for it. :roflmao: Pretty sure kilsong thinks you're a violent trump supporting extremist...just because of the beard.

Attachments

• BodyBuilder.jpg
    BodyBuilder.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 13
Back