• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

On HGH... why am I not losing weight?

Get Shredded!
I eat chicken or fish and rice pre and post workout with a protein shake post workout. I eat too much at night I think protein bars and peanut butter sandwiches. I cant write down exactly what I ate the past 3 days. I am on medication that slows my metabolism like a mofo! Before I was on these meds I was 6% bodyfat year round when I was wrestling Division I in college. And for 4 years afterwards as a coach I was 10% after my medication.. So its hard for me to get lean with the meds!

Last edited:
My meds started at age 23 and now I am 44 and am still on 5 different medications that all slow my metabolism.

I eat chicken or fish and rice pre and post workout with a protein shake post workout. I eat too much at night I think protein bars and peanut butter sandwiches. I cant write down exactly what I ate the past 3 days. I am on medication that slows my metabolism like a mofo! Before I was on these meds I was 6% bodyfat year round when I was wrestling Division I in college. And for 4 years afterwards as a coach I was 10% after my medication.. So its hard for me to get lean with the meds!

So write down what you do for the next 3 days.

this is pretty useless. It doesn’t tell me anything. All it tells me is you have no idea how many calories you’re eating each day. You originally said 2000 but I’ll guarantee you it’s way more. Your issue isn’t drugs you’re eating too much.
If meds slow your metabolism then eat less. It’s still cals in cals out.
You need to start tracking your food.

Not to be an ass, but this isn't going anywhere.

Seen it a thousand times.

you know what’s funny is this is one of the first things I ask people and it’s almost 100% across the board that they don’t track their food.

you know what’s funny is this is one of the first things I ask people and it’s almost 100% across the board that they don’t track their food.

Gram scale and nutrient timing, without that it's hard. At least for me.

I don't know much about nutrition but I work my butt off in the gym. 6 days a week without fail! I was huge before and I will get bigger and stay there not just for a competition this is going to be for life! Or until I can't walk myself into the gym!

I was 205 at 6% bodyfat in the pic a couple years ago and I looked like that for 4 months until I got super sick and was in the hospital for a little over 3 weeks. Complete crash.

I was 205 at 6% bodyfat in the pic a couple years ago and I looked like that for 4 months until I got super sick and was in the hospital for a little over 3 weeks. Complete crash.
You looked good but you weren’t 6%. It doesn’t matter though really about exact bf%.

without the nutrition down you’re leaving a lot on the table.
We have 3 things to optimize nutrition, training and drugs. Doesn’t look like you look bad now though it’s hard to tell because you’re wearing a shirt.
If you optimize nutrition you’ll see a night and day difference fairly quick. Without knowing what you’re eating how are you going to know what changes to make? You sound like you’re dedicated so why not do everything to the best of your ability? Why not control every variable you can? You said you have a hard time at night. well that could have a lot to do with your food choices and calories during the day.
I’m ocd about tracking my food. If I’m feeling run down, not recovering, had an amazing workout, etc I can look back at what I was eating and how it effected me.
If I eat peanut butter I know I’m going to feel bad the next day and have inflammation and achy joints. If my diet sucked in the day time or I don’t include fats in my breakfast I’m going have terrible cravings at night.
Your diet is key for a lot of things and if you’re serious about this then that’s going to be the best place to start.

IML Gear Cream!
Gdi.

Nobody understands how fucking lean 6% bf is.

This MIGHT be 6%. Maybe.
c29fdd24c604f13d87803288c2de8b6a.jpg
2e8075ccbc2850c0e285b83d960bbf2f.jpg

Okay it’s pretty obvious that his idea of BF%’s are a bit off, but we’re still getting the gist of his story. It makes it very hard for someone to be able to say “this is your problem” whenever you don’t have your diet locked down to precision. That absolutely should be the first step; I don’t have to know anything about GH to tell you that.

If you’re still having this problem whenever you know for absolute certain your body is in a caloric deficit: get your glucose checked. Then from the little I do know about GH I can snowball and say maybe you’ve been pinning it at bad times and it might not be absorbed the way it should be. If that isn’t the case you should get your gear tested.

I’m not going to get too personal asking what meds you’re on but if your meds are slowing your metabolism that should be a red flag right there too. You might have to drop your calories even lower than the typical gym rat to see results. Just more reason to be tracking your shit.

BTW would it be better to pin HGH at night after my last meal rather than in the morning an hour before I eat? I will track my meals tomorrow.

Aha! I think that’s what we were looking for. As far as I know you should be pinning it as soon as you wake up. Like the first thing you do when you wake up before eating anything. I know most people that are looking for optimal fat loss from HGH are waking up, pinning their GH and then doing fasted cardio before breakfast

I'm not a fan of starvation diet. It doesn't work and if anything it makes fat loss even harder.

Metabolism is like a furnace, needs fuel (food) to make the flame hot.

Wish I had a better analogy but all I can think of at the moment.

I'm not a fan of starvation diet. It doesn't work and if anything it makes fat loss even harder.

Metabolism is like a furnace, needs fuel (food) to make the flame hot.

Wish I had a better analogy but all I can think of at the moment.
This.. btw Hello Skipper :kiss:

Food, and timing food is what's key... Keeping that furnace burning is what's important. People often think "Fuck, I'm getting hungry, I need to eat".. if its too soon from that last meal, YOUR fine, that's the furnace burning, embrace it..
To the OP.. I would ditch your evening binges, and possibly ditch the HGH, the HGH seems to be your central focus and mind-fuck at the moment distracting you from the first step while you look on staring at the whole stair cause in lieu of the step in front of you.

Sound like you need a metabolic reset (assuming/wildly guessing).

Fuck your BS levels at this point, scrub that, its super necessary to do but it's taking you away from where the initial issue is and it's not the HGH.

1) Ditch the HGH, or just run it and get it out of your mind and forget about it and move on elsewhere, take the HGH like you do with a piss, once its done you forget about it.
2) Just a suggestion, incorp some legit fasted cardio, a light morning jog with the pup ain't gonna cut it. Ramp it up, 25-35 min 5 x a week only on training days. How about stair steppers or treadmill incline, can you hit the gym in the AM for a cardio session, or do post workout?
3) truly assess your macros, what you consume on "ON/Training" days should NOT be the same as "OFF" days..
4) 2k isn't much and you're just hoover there stuck (adding and subtracting macros is important when we hit brick walls, the adjustments in either direction is critical), but your timing and quality of nutrients could be a factor (wild guess).. Proteins bars and PBJ's aren't helping.. Get on a PLAN and stay true and execute. I would suggest hiring a coach..
You have a full muscle bellies but you do have "some" fluff, definitely not single digits.

5) Forget out supplementation, GH, peps, and so on.. Fasted cardio and a meal plan that you are truly and genuinely honest with will be the game changer. (with no snacks or bars). Timing, timing, timing. Get a scale and measure food, each gram/ounce counts. The type of carbs are also huge with timing. Example - Not every meal plan can have fruits, honey, and other sugars as often as rice/red potato's and so on. Knowing how to time different types of carbs is very important. PBJ's at night is a great example of a NO-NO in your situation. Natty Peanut butter or almond butter alone before bed is a different story.. But again, this is where measuring food and each gram/ounce counts
You need some adjustments, and once again lets use that PM PBJ as an example, subbing that with a scoop of whey with 31g of almond butter is a better alternative..

Do you see where everyone is going with this and the communities suggestions and why people are requesting MORE info?

I don't know much about nutrition but I work my butt off in the gym. 6 days a week without fail! I was huge before and I will get bigger and stay there not just for a competition this is going to be for life! Or until I can't walk myself into the gym!

^^ This is where the issues are.. You said it yourself..

Back