• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Coach suspended over 92-4 win

GYMnTONIC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220109-085432.png
    Screenshot_20220109-085432.png
    581.2 KB · Views: 75
Unless its an exhibition game, you never let up. Otherwise, you’re not teaching either team anything by having one team take it easy on another. This is the nature of sports.

The story states that the winning team full court pressed the entire game. I believe that was unnecessary.

Obviously a major talent gap between the 2 teams. Sacred Heart is ranked 3rd in the state. If they did press the entire game that is a bit much... But the coach shouldn't be suspended because the other teams players obviously aren't on their level. Imo the coach did nothing wrong. It was 80-0 after 3 quarters lol... Losing team get better players.

Having grown up playing basketball at all levels including college, I don't see anything wrong here. I've had plenty of ass kickings and have given them.. the lesser team will have their day and learn how to up-pick to free open players to move the ball better. Maybe next time they will get 6 points.

The wrong Coach got suspended. This was a non league game so the loser coach put his team up for a beating. And after 4 quarters all you managed was 4 points you have no business coaching. They haven’t won a game all year but managed to score 30 plus in the other games. Coach for the losers needs to be replaced.

If you cant run with the big dogs...then stay on the porch.
You don't get a trophy for showing up.....You get one for winning.

Quit being little crybaby liberal F**ks! So what! They got their ass handed to them. Maybe these kids will take a good lesson from this. Maybe it will strengthen them. Maybe the really weak ones will ring the bell...quit and let the team grow stronger. Suspending the coach who obviously teaches his kids to be aggressive, and to never back down, was a stupid, unreasonable, progressive, liberal fucking action!

I don't even like basketball....as a matter of fact I can't stand it.
But, as for the principals of this matter......That's my thoughts Wes.

Having grown up playing basketball at all levels including college, I don't see anything wrong here. I've had plenty of ass kickings and have given them.. the lesser team will have their day and learn how to up-pick to free open players to move the ball better. Maybe next time they will get 6 points.

Did any of your coaches show another team up like this? Even in college, where it might be more acceptable? Yea, the kids will survive and be fine but what does it prove? Pressing the whole game after going up 56-0 at half?

I've played and been around sports my entire life and none of my coaches, nor myself would ever show another team up like this. You might run into problems you don't want post game or if you come back into town. Kinda like a fastball to the ear hole the at bat after too much disrespect in a baseball game.

If anyone posting in this thread saying never let up or calling anyone pussy would've been a parent on the losing end of this, you'd be ready to fight. I've been on it as a parent and definitely was. Respect the game and opponent until they don't deserve it.

He let them score 4 points. What more could you ask for? Sheesh! Haha 😂
It sounds like my high school. Reggie Miller and Cheryl Miller went there. We never lost a game in men’s or women’s basketball in 4 years. Reggie was great but Cheryl was the GOAT! When Reggie walked past me to class the top of my head went as high as his dick. I was a freshman when he was a senior. Some college bought him a bad-ass firebird like the one in Smokey and the Bandit.

Attachments

• F7E075B3-55B7-4985-B9FA-BB77023728BA.jpeg
    F7E075B3-55B7-4985-B9FA-BB77023728BA.jpeg
    484.2 KB · Views: 55
IML Gear Cream!
Did any of your coaches show another team up like this? Even in college, where it might be more acceptable? Yea, the kids will survive and be fine but what does it prove? Pressing the whole game after going up 56-0 at half?

I've played and been around sports my entire life and none of my coaches, nor myself would ever show another team up like this. You might run into problems you don't want post game or if you come back into town. Kinda like a fastball to the ear hole the at bat after too much disrespect in a baseball game.

If anyone posting in this thread saying never let up or calling anyone pussy would've been a parent on the losing end of this, you'd be ready to fight. I've been on it as a parent and definitely was. Respect the game and opponent until they don't deserve it.

I have to agree with you.

They were beaten by the beginning of the third quarter.

You teach your players to be gracious. And mercy.

This isn’t a war.

IMO put your lesser players in and let up.

Winning like that isn’t a celebration. Beating a worthy opponent at their best is cause for a celebration.

I have to agree with you.

They were beaten by the beginning of the third quarter.

You teach your players to be gracious. And mercy.

This isn’t a war.

IMO put your lesser players in and let up.

Winning like that isn’t a celebration. Beating a worthy opponent at their best is cause for a celebration.

Right, put it out of reach and be done. It was out of reach well before 92 points. High level sports is different but high school where you have huge swings in talent levels, that's uncalled for.

I wouldn't care if he was suspended or not. The game itself will take care of that team.

Do you really wanna be known as that team? You might get a few more elbows thrown at you or undercut alittle more often.

I'm assuming the winning team did put in it's lesser players at a certain point. I'm guessing by the 2nd quarter. The pressing if true the entire game was a bit much... What would you want the winning team to do after halftime just take 24 second shot clock violations? To me that's me demeaning then actually playing the game out as intended. Being that the winning team is very good I'm guessing their 11-12 players on the bench were better than the other teams 1-2... So I ask the ones who have the issue. What would you have done as a coach in this situation. Just dribbled around and passed like in Hoosiers and not take a shot? The entire 2nd half and part of the 2nd quarter?

My comment is this. I played Varsity BBall in HS. My sophomore year we were 0-20. We didn't win a single game and we were losing by 30-40 per game. Our coach sucked, and we sucked. Well we all played end of season in multiple leagues, summer ball. You name it, we all improved massively. The following year they fired our coach and we got Murray Williams who was a former Uconn Division 1 basketball player w NBA potential.

That season we went 15-5. Combination of us busting our asses and practicing to get better and a new coach.

I'm assuming the winning team did put in it's lesser players at a certain point. I'm guessing by the 2nd quarter. The pressing if true the entire game was a bit much... What would you want the winning team to do after halftime just take 24 second shot clock violations? To me that's me demeaning then actually playing the game out as intended. Being that the winning team is very good I'm guessing their 11-12 players on the bench were better than the other teams 1-2... So I ask the ones who have the issue. What would you have done as a coach in this situation. Just dribbled around and passed like in Hoosiers and not take a shot? The entire 2nd half and part of the 2nd quarter?

If he was pressing the whole game and was suspended, I don't get the idea he did much to avoid showing the opponents up. I don't want to really care, honestly. If that's the worst that happens in these kids life this year, they're gonna have a pretty good year. They'll be fine.

But to answer your question, as a coach I'd put my absolutely bottom players in and if they're still putting points up at that rate, have them take shots later in the shot clock and if you're getting to the rim at ease, don't penetrate much. That's assuming the other team is still playing hard and competing. If the other team has given up and is whining forget anything I've said here. If they're not playing D anymore, I get it.

I go harder on my own kids and anyone I coach if they whine. Play hard until the buzzer.

So the coach of the winning team was suspened, meanwhile the losing teams coach doesnt? Bwhaha ....why are even discussing this? Seems like the leftist beliefs are soaking in some of our heads!!!

Back