• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Skin deep or much deeper

Drugsgear

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
What if your teenage son or daughter comes to you saying they are going to have a tattoo?
Would you just ok them or would you talk about deep meaning or even life programming by the choice of the one?:hmm:

I'd show them mistakes and say, yeah I have to live with this for life.

Agreed. My wife and her brother got tattoos when they were 16 never regretted them and touched them recently. But there are a shit ton of bad tattoos so if your young getting a tat, I'd say make it a deep meaningful one so you never regret it. It's the same thing I'll tell my boys when they get 16 and want one... of course I'm really not Incline for growing kids to get tats as they could stretch out and your screwed.

But they may say, they will always have a chance to remove them?
Although true removals aren't always effective and then the skin is so thin that if you try to tat over a removal it will look disoriented (from someone I know).. now in 20 yrs will technology change and get better absolutely but can't predict that

My thoughts exactly.

Agreed. My wife and her brother got tattoos when they were 16 never regretted them and touched them recently. But there are a shit ton of bad tattoos so if your young getting a tat, I'd say make it a deep meaningful one so you never regret it. It's the same thing I'll tell my boys when they get 16 and want one... of course I'm really not Incline for growing kids to get tats as they could stretch out and your screwed.

Kids are gonna make mistakes and have to live with them. Not saying tats are mistakes, but the content choice probably will be. They can pay to cover them up later. For that fact, plenty of 40-50yr olds making the same mistakes. "You've already been divorced 5 times and you're getting the current wife's name inked on you?" Gread idea, bro. *smh* True story, btw. Zero exaggeration.

Attachments

• photo_2021-11-16_14-15-55.jpg
    photo_2021-11-16_14-15-55.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 55
“You’ve been married 5 times and you’re getting married again?”

might as well get the tattoo at that point, ain’t getting any smarter. Lol

My wife have one with colors she did when she was 16, it was probably pretty cool when she first did it but now 20yrs later it doesn’t look very good and she hates it. She wants to get rid of it but the problem is that it wasn’t made well so the skin is raised and will leave scars if removed.

It depends what they were getting. I’d make sure they really want it and think about it for a few months. My tattoo artist usually has a wait time of 6 months anyway so they’d have time to think. But I’d be for it, I have tattoo sleeves and tatts all over me.

IML Gear Cream!
Depends on what it is and where the ink is going. My wife and daughter want matching ones and I'm fine with that. However when my 16 year old, who has her nose, belly and 2 holes in each ear, asked to get a tongue ring that's where I drew the line.

My kids are in their mid-20's and havent gotten any yet. Wife and I are both covered, and I started when I was 16 (40 yrs ago) so I would just coach them on being smart about where they are done.
No face/neck Tatt's, etc. (Otherwise who am I to tell them "no"). Especially now at their age... If they were under the age or 18, I would probably have tried to persuade them into waiting until of age...(18).

All the artists we know and have used are amazing. So no need to worry about shitty work...

My kids at 16 and 18 are free to do that they want.....they don't have to live here

You comment has made my day, really.

Kids are gonna make mistakes and have to live with them. Not saying tats are mistakes, but the content choice probably will be. They can pay to cover them up later. For that fact, plenty of 40-50yr olds making the same mistakes. "You've already been divorced 5 times and you're getting the current wife's name inked on you?" Gread idea, bro. *smh* True story, btw. Zero exaggeration.

Sounds like a good idea to say yes but set a certain amount of time for consideration.

It depends what they were getting. I’d make sure they really want it and think about it for a few months. My tattoo artist usually has a wait time of 6 months anyway so they’d have time to think. But I’d be for it, I have tattoo sleeves and tatts all over me.

It's a good attitude not to forbid or anything but just explain how to be smart.
My kids are in their mid-20's and havent gotten any yet. Wife and I are both covered, and I started when I was 16 (40 yrs ago) so I would just coach them on being smart about where they are done.
No face/neck Tatt's, etc. (Otherwise who am I to tell them "no"). Especially now at their age... If they were under the age or 18, I would probably have tried to persuade them into waiting until of age...(18).

All the artists we know and have used are amazing. So no need to worry about shitty work...

My kids can make that decision when they are adults... Until then no tats. I have them but I waited to get them until I was an adult living on my own. My fist wife had them everywhere she even had part of her head shaved and tatted and she waited until she was living on her own also. My current wife has none.

Back