• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Rice!

MonsterMaker

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
How do you guys cook it? I’ve been buying uncle Ben’s ready rice packs but just recently realized the ridiculous amount of money im spending on that shit and want to figure out how to cook it so it turns out similar, to uncle bens.

The texture of uncle bens rice is just so easy to get down. Not sure what it is exactly but definitely seems more dense than the rice I make in the steamer. And the volume of rice gram per gram is much less so the meals seem less daunting…

Like I said i got a rice steamer. Also using jasmine, would love to hear any tips on cooking this stuff just right.

I bought the brown rice, quinoa packs at Costco when they had them. About $1.50 each and I ate one per day on my normal 90g/day carb diet. The convenience cannot be beat.

If you are eating plenty of rice, like several cups per day, buy a proper Chong rice cooker. It sits on the counter, cooks rice perfectly and keeps it warm and fresh all day. They used to be $300 or so but now they are much cheaper.
I will look quickly and come back with a link. You will wonder why you ever cooked it any other way.

I fucking despise amazon but here is this for a reference:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...tionId=&linkCode=as2&tag=bestprodtagl35982-20

I have a Hitachi but I got it in Japan and the controls are in chicken scratch.
Tiger is another good one.

My wife is over there screaming “INSTAPOT!” but shehas some strange fascination with that thing based on the accessories I have to keep buying for here.

I personally like single purpose things. Anything that does more than one thing doesn’t do any of them very well. Think Swiss Army knife. Not a good pair of scissors, not a good screwdriver and not a very good knife.

I fucking despise amazon but here is this for a reference:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...tionId=&linkCode=as2&tag=bestprodtagl35982-20

I have a Hitachi but I got it in Japan and the controls are in chicken scratch.
Tiger is another good one.

My wife is over there screaming “INSTAPOT!” but shehas some strange fascination with that thing based on the accessories I have to keep buying for here.

I personally like single purpose things. Anything that does more than one thing doesn’t do any of them very well. Think Swiss Army knife. Not a good pair of scissors, not a good screwdriver and not a very good knife.

Definitely will look into it thank you sir. I was originally going to get a rice cooker but then It seemed like it worked the same on the same principle a covered pot on the stove would, so I figured it wouldn’t be any different than stove top rice, which I’m not a big fan of. So I went with a steamer, which comes out similar to Chinese rice, real sticky texture to it. But if you’re telling me the rice cooker rice is different/bettter then stove top then I will certainly give it a try.

You prob eat more rice then me, but I get a box of jasmine rice already in steam bags. It's about 3 bucks for 4 bags and I just through them in water and microwave

I user a Aroma brand rice cooker. It cost me $30 and works like a charm. I use a 1:1 ratio of rice to water and it comes out just the way I like it. Just mess around with the amount of water you use until you find what tickles you fancy.

How do you guys cook it? I’ve been buying uncle Ben’s ready rice packs but just recently realized the ridiculous amount of money im spending on that shit and want to figure out how to cook it so it turns out similar, to uncle bens.

The texture of uncle bens rice is just so easy to get down. Not sure what it is exactly but definitely seems more dense than the rice I make in the steamer. And the volume of rice gram per gram is much less so the meals seem less daunting…

Like I said i got a rice steamer. Also using jasmine, would love to hear any tips on cooking this stuff just right.

I buy the 20lb bags of rice and 20lb bags of basmati from costco. I dump each one into a separate plastic container with a plastic cup inside marked at 1 cup fir convenience.

The cost is pennies a pot. My rice cooker was 16 bucks at walmart, 2 cups water 1 cup rice, (or you can double that recipe) 15 minutes later its done, I often season the rice with whatever I’m in the mood for abut 5 minutes before its finished cooking, give it a good stir whietheres just a small amount of water left and youre done.

The cooker turns itself off and then keeps your rice warm until you unplug it. At the cost of rice when you buy in bulk VS the small packs you're going to save a small fortune on rice alone, this translates to more money for better quality meat :)

10 or 20lb bag either jasmine or just white rice I actually have tried sushi rice its amazing little more dense I love it put a cup in a bowl fill over the top with water pop in microwave for 18-20 minutes come out perfect usually get few serving cooked

Yup. Ready rice packs for us. They're more money but she likes them better and they weigh almost exactly what her plan is calling for right now. I bought the boil in a bag rice and she complained about it.

Jasmine rice in rice cooker...no muss no fuss!

IML Gear Cream!
I bought the brown rice, quinoa packs at Costco when they had them. About $1.50 each and I ate one per day on my normal 90g/day carb diet. The convenience cannot be beat.

If you are eating plenty of rice, like several cups per day, buy a proper Chong rice cooker. It sits on the counter, cooks rice perfectly and keeps it warm and fresh all day. They used to be $300 or so but now they are much cheaper.
I will look quickly and come back with a link. You will wonder why you ever cooked it any other way.

They taste good also . I have tried them before . Packs are just more convenient for I don't have time to do a lot of meal prep myself

Last edited:
My go to rice is 20lb Botan Calrose rice
d9dd056c11ac9183cb197b9a4d5f21a3.plist

Idk why, but I can pound down twice as much as normal rice and it only gets better days later. Of course I like all jasmine and basmati(especially Louisiana Popcorn Rice) depending on the dish. For Sushi and Japanese dishes I stepped up and got the Zojirushi Cooler
b58527092b81665bb9b3fe0ff21fe5d8.plist

and Shirakiku Rice, Koshihikari, 15 Pound bags.
Game changer . Instapot is great all around. I use it a lot for all kinds of stuff.

Max

Just a rice cooker I bought of Amazon. Use jasmine rice from Aldi. 5 lb bag for like $10 bucks I think. Just use a 1:1 ratio of rice to water and comes out perfectly every time

Just a rice cooker I bought of Amazon. Use jasmine rice from Aldi. 5 lb bag for like $10 bucks I think. Just use a 1:1 ratio of rice to water and comes out perfectly every time

Spot on as too little water burns the rice or makes it tough while too much makes it a soggy mess.

Also, you can add a couple tbsp of olive oil into the water which will keep the rice from sticking any and add a little flavor

25lb bags of Jasmine rice at Sam's club. Think it's $16?

5 cups dry rice
10 cups water
1/2c knorr chicken, tomato is beef bouillon powder mixed into the water.

Rice setting on instant pot.

I love KNORR, its my seasoning of choice too. I think I pay under $20 for basmati at costco and about the same for Jasmine, both bags are 20 or 25 lbs. I rotate them since I eat so much rice its nice to have something different albeit just slightly different

I eat a LOT of rice. It’s my only carb source really and I go through a 20 pound bag every couple weeks. Use double the amount of water as your rice. Boil the water, add rice, cover and turn to low for 16 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes after it’s done.
for fluffier rice like Mexican style, heat a sauce pans on medium, add 2 tbl of oil or butter, fry your rice until it turns opaque, add water and any seasonings you like, bring to boil, cover, turn to low and give it 16 minutes

- - - Updated - - -

I eat a LOT of rice. It’s my only carb source really and I go through a 20 pound bag every couple weeks. Use double the amount of water as your rice. Boil the water, add rice, cover and turn to low for 16 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes after it’s done.
for fluffier rice like Mexican style, heat a sauce pans on medium, add 2 tbl of oil or butter, fry your rice until it turns opaque, add water and any seasonings you like, bring to boil, cover, turn to low and give it 16 minutes

- - - Updated - - -

I love KNORR, its my seasoning of choice too. I think I pay under $20 for basmati at costco and about the same for Jasmine, both bags are 20 or 25 lbs. I rotate them since I eat so much rice its nice to have something different albeit just slightly different
I get 30 pound bags of jasmine and Thai sticky rice from an Asian market near me for around 20 bucks

Back